"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #11821
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Taxlady, I'm lazy and cheap. I will look for the juice in the health food store and I will also try you lemon/lime combo. You need a lot of limes otherwise if you squeeze them yourself :(. Ha! I'm having another one right now, I'm naughty ;)
I'm lazy and cheap too. The organic lemon and lime juice cost more than the regular stuff from the grocery store, but the ingredients are: lemon juice or lime juice, nothing else and it's cheaper than fresh organic lemons or limes. The I get is from Italy. It's probably cheaper than regular lemons & limes and no waste.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #11822
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
The meds can't possibly taste as good as a Margarita. And all this talk about Margaritas, I just might make myself one.

I will probably skip the salt on the rim. My BP is low normal. If I eat a lot of salt, it goes way up (last time: 180/110)

Old 07-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #11823
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
The meds can't possibly taste as good as a Margarita. And all this talk about Margaritas, I just might make myself one.

I will probably skip the salt on the rim. My BP is low normal. If I eat a lot of salt, it goes way up (last time: 180/110)
But, seeing as how I NEED the meds and can't drink when I take them (or at least shouldn't)...I'll have a lemon San Pelligrino...thanks!
Old 07-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #11824
Certified Cake Maniac

After spending most of the night up with Violet (earlier post), I have spent most of the afternoon and early evening in bed and am going back now, hopefully for the night. My sciatica is acting up on both sides and I can't seem to get any relief. I am on the maximum painkillers of all types for my chronic pain and don't want to go to the hospital for a shot of morphine, so ice packs and sleep are my friends.

TB said if Violet is having problems in the night it is his turn to sit with her. At least the vet is open tomorrow.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #11825
Chef Extraordinaire

We have just got back from a lovely walk, it is chilly outside but you get warm soon enough having a brisk walk
Old 07-02-2013, 05:51 AM   #11826
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
But, seeing as how I NEED the meds and can't drink when I take them (or at least shouldn't)...I'll have a lemon San Pelligrino...thanks!
I don't drink but if I did.... I am on so many meds I wouldn't even ride by a liquor store. I know alcohol is bad for your sugar levels. But I have no idea what else it affects and I don't even want to find out. It is too scary. There is a reason for that label on your medication that says, "Do not drink alcohol."
Old 07-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #11827
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
After spending most of the night up with Violet (earlier post), I have spent most of the afternoon and early evening in bed and am going back now, hopefully for the night. My sciatica is acting up on both sides and I can't seem to get any relief. I am on the maximum painkillers of all types for my chronic pain and don't want to go to the hospital for a shot of morphine, so ice packs and sleep are my friends.

TB said if Violet is having problems in the night it is his turn to sit with her. At least the vet is open tomorrow.
Sorry you are hurting. Hope today is better.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #11828
Executive Chef

I'm watching a gentle rain. I love the sound the raindrops make on the deck. .
Old 07-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #11829
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, Chopper. And I agree with you about the beauty in the sound of rain - of course where I live we are pretty used to it

I had a bit better sleep and apparently so did Violet. We are both still favouring our back areas with pain. TB did most of my shopping yesterday and my neighbour is actually coming over to do my laundry for me and will make me dinner as TB goes back to work this afternoon after his week off. I find the best position is to lay on my opposite side propped with pillows, but I need to get up and walk every once in awhile. Sitting is almost impossible for more than 5 minutes. I have some physio exercises I can do to relax the nerve and am trying them a few times a day.

I am upset that this has happened, but am also being proactive and trying to not let it get the best of me.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #11830
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
I'm watching a gentle rain. I love the sound the raindrops make on the deck. .
Ahhh, thank you for this post.
Even though you are talking about rain, it's like a ray of sunshine when this thread turns depressing with post after post about illness and sickness.