"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 07-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #11861
I have some cheese and some chicken ones. I'll likely do cheese if I go meat sauce and chicken if I do marinara.

Oh god, bacon sandwich! HUNGRY NOW!

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #11862
Chef Extraordinaire
I think I just tried to commit suicide, but I am not sure. I went down to the lobby to check my mail. The boxes are located right next to the entrance door. So I hit the handicap button to open the door. I wanted to see exactly just how hot it really was outside. The door opened and the heat came rushing in. It knocked the breath right out of me. I didn't even have to step outside. It is a good thing I always have an inhaler with me. I keep one in the satchel on my scooter along with my liquid nitro. I certainly needed it then. I never knew the earth could get that hot. I am sure I was out in that kind of heat as a kid, but I just thought of it as another play day. Lesson learned. I won't be doing that stunt again.

Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #11863
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Morning all! I've just finished #9 in the book series I'm reading and am fixing to start another one. Done some laundry, run the water distiller, tidied the kitchen a bit and started thinking about dinner. Have a date to go on a long ramble with Murray and his buddy Dallas (the cutest Australian shepherd ever!) and Dallas's owner who is a good friend of mine.

Things still to be done before that: showering, deciding on dinner (ravioli in marinara or meat sauce?), more laundry, tackle the dust bunnies and brush the dog again...the list could be endless, but that is my current schedule of events for this day off. I'd like to do some baking today too, but its heating up out there and unless I can figure out how to do it in my BBQ that isn't happening.
Sounds like a busy day! I have been busy this morning too. I have been watering the trees, the flowers, and assorted plants outside. In between I took the dogs for a nice walk. I have done two loads of laundry, and I am thinking about washing sheets. I, too have a lot more on the list, but at least some things are out of the way. It is really heating up around here today too. Funny you should say "brush the dog again." I have been brushing the dogs twice a day lately. Heavy shedding time for goldens.
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #11864
Chef Extraordinaire
I wish I had to water plants here. Everything is saturated from this low pressure zone that won't blow away.
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #11865
Certified Cake Maniac
Wow, everyone has been so busy already today and I just got up (11 am here). But it was a rough night, getting to sleep at 3 am between a runny eye and Violet whimpering in her sleep.

What am I doing now? Trying to type with one eye almost swollen shut. It isn't sore, just weepy and swollen. I still think it is my allergies but will head to the clinic later.

I am about to make a smoothie for our "brunch" and whip up some tuna salad for TB's work sandwiches and my dinner salad.

Addie, I really feel for you. I am so glad it doesn't get that hot here. And Pac, I feel for you too. Though right now it is sunny, comfortably warm and dry.

Oh, Alix, I will be over for ravioli - want me to bring a salad or dessert?
"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #11866
LP if you're coming then bring dessert! I know what your desserts are like! Yummy!

CG, you have a golden too? Lordy that's a lot of hair isn't it?
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #11867
Executive Chef
Just drive down to the bottom of the hill to pick up DH. He brought a gravel truck home. Has to work 1/2 a day tomorrow :(. Kinda hit to hike up the hill.
If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #11868
Certified Pretend Chef
Watching the Red Sox play the Angels in California.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:51 AM   #11869
Chef Extraordinaire
Have just come home from a long walk, very cold outside, well it is 7.30pm, dark and wet, but nice for a brisk walk

Now going to retire to the lounge to watch a 3D movie
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:10 AM   #11870
Master Chef
Right now I am here, on the computer. It is relatively early morning (7a.m.) and my husband and dog usually get up when the church bells ring at 8; but it is Sunday and they won't ring until 10 a.m. mass. So maybe the two of them will sleep in. At this time of the morning I usually do a load of laundry, eat some yogurt, etc, but I'm taking a lazy day. I already had a long conversation with Mom (something I need to do at least weekly, but more often every few days since Dad died) yesterday. I'm thinking of having a Bastille day party. I have half a wheel of goat cheese brie and other local artisinal cheeses. I can pick up some good bread. My friends are all foodies, so I can leave the rest up to them. I've already bribed my elderly blind friend into eating and doing some exercise, and her daughter (coming in from France, guest of honor if she shows up!). We have a large front porch and weather permitting the party will be held there. Just contemplating how, what and where.

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote