What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard of boneless chicken thighs, but boneless legs?

Yeah, evidently they were very large legs. These pieces were even larger than the boneless thighs. I am shaking my head also. But I am not complaining. At $.99 a pound for both, I will gladly take it. They are all wrapped individually and in the freezer.

As I have been wrapping the meat in individual pieces, I have just been tossing them in the freezer. Today, it all comes out and goes in neatly. I can double the room in there just by being neat. Why didn't I do that in the first place? Twice the work.

Today I have been on a tear. Folding laundry and putting it away, clean the whole kitchen, moving furniture, on and on. I got everything done that I wanted to. All that is left is the freezer. :angel:

I've been tackling obstacles to light overshadowing my young fig tree - mostly emanating from next door's garden growth. I have pruned back their japanese knotweed and bashed back the brambles!

The garden belongs to an elderly lady who has poor eyesight and is not a gardener. I doubt if she even knows that she has a Japanese knotweed tree there! I don't mind the brambles so much since they provide a lot of blackberries (after which I tend to bash down the bush).

Now, if there were only fig wasps around to pollinate the figs....

creative, I've never heard of a Japanese knotweed tree, so I googled it. A few sites said it is invasive to England and is choking out the native plants. I bet you could rip that whole thing out and do both yourself and your elderly neighbor a big favor. If she yells at you, tell her "some evil American" said you should. ;) :LOL:

I've heard of boneless chicken thighs, but boneless legs?
When I first read that I thought "huh"? :huh: Then I thought back to all of the times I have stared, transfixed, at Jacques Pepin's nimble fingers deboning an entire chicken whole! Amazing skill. Something I would not attempt unless I had an alternate recipe using chopped, raw chicken.

After busying myself with too many things the last couple of days, I'm back to pricing stuff for "the sale". I've discovered I have too many collector items that really need to be priced at more than a dollar or two. I've been searching the web seeing what they are going for at sites like eBay or Rubylane, then pricing them 1/3 or so based on the lowest value on the web. Of course, ALL prices will be negotiable, because anything gone is one less item to pay the trash hauler to get rid of.

creative, I've never heard of a Japanese knotweed tree, so I googled it. A few sites said it is invasive to England and is choking out the native plants. I bet you could rip that whole thing out and do both yourself and your elderly neighbor a big favor. If she yells at you, tell her "some evil American" said you should. ;) :LOL:
I just heard about Japanese knotwood a couple of days ago. Apparently ripping it out is not a good idea. That tends to spread them more.

"Crews from the district of Sechelt, B.C. attempted a chemical-free strategy to remove the plant that was discovered at Mission Point Park, MacLean’s Magazine reports. Knotweed was dug out to a depth of about three metres. However, the following year park officials reported the plant had in fact doubled in size." from News - Meet invasive plant causing harm to homes and property value - The Weather Network

Sounds like the British version of Kudzu!

I'm facing the neverending weed battle too. The mosquitoes don't make it easy.

Last edited:
:) Yes this plant is VERY hard to kill off i.e. takes persistence and many chemical treatments, i.e. not as simple as ripping the whole thing out. Never mind...it is largely her problem and I can trim it back when need be. ;)

I'm emptying closets and packing things for the charity shop!!!

I have been in my apartment for five years, this month, and have not needed or missed most of the items that were put into the closets when I moved in.

It's time for it to go while I can still shift it under my own steam! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm headed to the gym. I found a new app for my iPhone and I'm hoping that it will assist in logging my weightlifting and running.

I'm emptying closets and packing things for the charity shop!!!

I have been in my apartment for five years, this month, and have not needed or missed most of the items that were put into the closets when I moved in.

It's time for it to go while I can still shift it under my own steam! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I have a closet like that. Clothes hanging that I haven't worn for years. Too big. Boxes with pictures that I haven't looked at in almost 15 years. A set of antique children's dishes. I wonder if my kids will even realize that they do have a value to them. It may not be much, but it will be worth their effort to take it to a shop and sell them. A few Delft pieces that should be sold, etc. I also have an antique tablecloth that was hand designed and embroidered. The needle work is exquisite. I also have the wheelchair that I swore I would never sit in again. So why am I holding on to it? It only has bitter memories for me.

Time for a good house cleaning. The clothes can go in the Planet Earth box up at the Boys and Girls Club playground. The clothes are cleaned and given to women who don't have the proper clothing to look for a job. All my clothes are clothes I wore for work.

Thanks Aunt Bea for causing me to look into myself. Time for a housecleaning. :angel:

I'm getting ready to go help out with a children's gardening project. A group of other master gardeners have been working with some kids at the YMCA growing cucumbers; last year, they did popcorn. Today, a local restaurant owner is going to pickle the kids' cucumbers (they can't handle the knives or heat) and I volunteered to help them fill their jars, etc. I also made labels they can put on the jars with space for them to put their names. Should be fun :)

I'm getting ready to go help out with a children's gardening project. A group of other master gardeners have been working with some kids at the YMCA growing cucumbers; last year, they did popcorn. Today, a local restaurant owner is going to pickle the kids' cucumbers (they can't handle the knives or heat) and I volunteered to help them fill their jars, etc. I also made labels they can put on the jars with space for them to put their names. Should be fun :)

That sounds like an awesome day. Our local YMCA has a similar project. The kids get to take some of their produce to the Farmers Market which is just across the street from their gardens. Or they can take it home to their family. They have a Master Gardener available year round. The kids also get to plant herbs in pots during the school year and pick the results and bring them home.

Working with kids is so rewarding. Lots of fun. I love to see their faces when they discover something new that they accomplished. :angel:

Last edited:

Probably too late for this year but this is a fun project for kids.

You insert a tiny cucumber, still attached to the plant, into the clean bottle and let it grow to full size. The bottle acts as a greenhouse so the cucumber tends to grow quickly. When it fills the bottle snip the stem, fill the bottle with vinegar and cork/cap it tightly.

copy-of-rice-054.jpg

Cute idea, Aunt Bea!

Yay, I can see the back of the cabinet that used to be full of unpriced garage sale stuff! :w00t: It's been priced and moved to a shelving unit I cleared out just for that purpose. Don't rejoice yet, I still have a tower of stuff on an old coffee table that now needs to be priced and moved into the cabinet. Then I can price the coffee table...and then pile it up as I price items from the old fish tank stand...and the drum table...and the old chair that I need to clean off and price...and.....:wacko:

I'm getting ready to go help out with a children's gardening project...
I bet there's a Girl Scout troop out there just dying for your help. You don't have to have a daughter to be a Girl Scout leader. ;)

That's a cool idea, Aunt Bea! ?

Yay, CG! You're getting there! ☺

Girl Scouts, eh? I think that would require more of a regular commitment than I can manage. I really need to pace myself. I buy cookies every year from my neighbor's daughter, though :yum:

That's really neat, AB!

My cheapo waterproof/snorkelproof watch ripped at the silicon band just above the clasp. My wrist was feeling nekkid without it. I ordered a new one from Amazon, it came today. Even though when I ordered it, it said "women's", I definitely got a man's watch, way too big for my wrist. It's going back.

I love my old crappy cheapo watch, and it's still waterproof, so I had a "eureka" moment. I have a tool for punching holes in leather belts and such, so I punched holes in the separated silicon watchband parts. I plan to reunite them with either really strong waxed thread or black wire. Who cares how it looks, though I might do some beading on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom