"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #11921
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Praying for your friends daughter...and praying for the doctors involved. Such sad news.
Ditto. I know what the family is going through. My heart goes out to everyone involved in such a sad time.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #11922
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, Chopper and Addie, for your prayers. They are going to need all they can get.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #11923
Chef Extraordinaire

I just talked to my daughter. She goes for her next MRI in a week, then the next week she will see he doctor and get the results. We hope. As long as there is some swelling in her brain from the surgery, they will not give any definitive answers. It will be a year next month since we started on this journey.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #11924
Certified Cake Maniac

Addie, my heart and prayers go out to you and your daughter. I know with my sister that each new test or appointment leaves you hoping and in limbo at the same time. It has been a long hard road for your family and it is time for some good news.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #11925
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Addie, my heart and prayers go out to you and your daughter. I know with my sister that each new test or appointment leaves you hoping and in limbo at the same time. It has been a long hard road for your family and it is time for some good news.
Thank you LP. She had the surgery last August. They were able to remove 95% of the tumor. Then she went on the chemo. Every three months she goes for an MRI. The first one after she started the chemo they could tell that it was working and what had been left of the tumor was shrinking. Since then nothing. They keep telling her that they have to wait until all the swelling of the brain from the surgery has gone down completely. That doesn't make sense to me. But I say nothing to my daughter. Her spirits are high and I don't want to shake that. So I wait, and wait, and wait. I think it is about time I had a long talk with my son Poo. He did some extensive studying on the type of tumor and the chances of survival. I am one of those folks who want to know. I can't fight if I don't know who my enemy is. The chances of survival for the type of tumor she has is only 5%. I keep telling myself she is in that group.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #11926
Master Chef

[[[[[[[[[[[[Addie]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Old 07-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #11927
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you Jenny!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #11928
Chef Extraordinaire

I am watching the wind pick up outside. It hasn't blown like this in a long time. We've got one heckuva storm rolling in. I am hoping it finally disperses the weather pattern that's been hanging on here for a month.
And I'm hoping I don't lose my satellite TV...
Old 07-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #11929
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I am watching the wind pick up outside. It hasn't blown like this in a long time. We've got one heckuva storm rolling in. I am hoping it finally disperses the weather pattern that's been hanging on here for a month.
And I'm hoping I don't lose my satellite TV...
Hey, I'm watching a storm too! Thunder, lightning, wind and rain! I don't have the TV on, so I'm not worried about the satellite going out. 🌂
Old 07-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #11930
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Just chillin' as it's been a very, very hot day. I shouldn't complain because Glenn has spent most of the day on the tractor with the bush hog clearing the back fields. He's in the shower now I'm sure trying to feel human again.

Even though he was outside working and sweating he still took the time to hop on the four-wheeler and zip down to the lower edge of the pond to pick blackberries. Came in with nearly 5 cups. I picked some in the back yard near the field and clothesline and came up with a similar quantity. Yum! Looks like blackberry cobbler is in our future.