What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today's my youngest sons 21st B-day.We are so going to mess with him.:ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL: That's what he gets for growing up!

Firstly I didn't forget it this year.Wait till he sees his cake.Not for the faint of heart that's for sure.

We will never ever listen to his older brother or our adopted sons suggestions again.Let's just hope we survive it.

Went nuts at Trader Joe's yesterday.Need to get all those flowers arranged into vases.Clean house.Shove everything in the closet.:ohmy::angel:
Birthday dinner made.It might be my last meal.:LOL:

Happy birthday, Munky Jr. :LOL:

Dawg, glad you're able to get outdoors and do some work without being bitten alive. :)

I'm taking a wine break from making room to put my Costco purchases from yesterday. I don't get down there very often, so I kind of went berserk. We took my daughter's SUV and man, was that thing packed. :ohmy::LOL:

Cheryl and Munky, it's probably a good thing our Costco and TJ's aren't anywhere near us. We tend to go a bit nuts/berserk too. Have to take DH's jeep.

Enjoy your wine, Cheryl!

Last edited:
I would have gotten a lot more at TJ's, but that was the last stop and there just wasn't any more room. I already had barely enough room on the floorboard for my feet, and Tyler didn't want to ride up top on the luggage rack. :ohmy::ROFLMAO:

I've finally been able to get down to dealing with the veritable plethora of weeds and unwanted saplings that all seem to come with living out of town and being almost surrounded by woods. I have never seen such a variety of weeds in amongst the overgrown shrubbery around the house.

Our horrid gnat/mosquito season (which lasted most of the summer) seems to have abated, and it's cool today with a nice breeze so I could wear long pants and stomp through the overgrowth without getting too scratched up. Of course I'm covered in burr seeds and beggars lice (not bugs, a type of weed seed) and looking forward to a shower.

Help is on the way!!! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

goats.jpg

Today I smoked a beef chuck roast for the first time. I smoked it in the Weber for 3 hours then finished it in the oven to an internal temp of 195ºF-200ºF. I rested it and just pulled and refrigerated it. As I was obligated as the chef to insure it's viability, I tasted it. Really good. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's dinner.

Afraid we're not zoned for goats, Kay. And I sure couldn't keep it outside, too many coyotes and other predators (even though said predators are too lazy to help me with all the bunnies). It would have to be a house goat. They are adorable though!

Last edited:
Today I smoked a beef chuck roast for the first time. I smoked it in the Weber for 3 hours then finished it in the oven to an internal temp of 195ºF-200ºF. I rested it and just pulled and refrigerated it. As I was obligated as the chef to insure it's viability, I tasted it. Really good. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's dinner.

We must do our chefly duties for a tasty meal for our families. :D

Sounds good, Andy. :yum: Nice to have the main dish for tomorrow's meal pretty much done, and just have sides to make.

Tomorrow, my great granddaughter is coming to visit me. I haven't seen her since she was about five. She will be off to college in just a few days. I raised her mother after my daughter died. It seems her family has fallen apart completely at the seams. She called me, her aunt called me along with her father. What a mess. The only thing I could get from all of the mess is that they all needed someone to just talk to. There is certainly not very much I can do.

But I will be glad to see Little Abbie. I see her on Facebook and she is so pretty. She wants to study ALS and become an interpreter. (ALS = American Sign Language) She is not hard of hearing at all. So I am both pleased and surprised at her choice of study. :angel:

Tomorrow, my great granddaughter is coming to visit me. I haven't seen her since she was about five. She will be off to college in just a few days. I raised her mother after my daughter died. It seems her family has fallen apart completely at the seams. She called me, her aunt called me along with her father. What a mess. The only thing I could get from all of the mess is that they all needed someone to just talk to. There is certainly not very much I can do.

But I will be glad to see Little Abbie. I see her on Facebook and she is so pretty. She wants to study ALS and become an interpreter. (ALS = American Sign Language) She is not hard of hearing at all. So I am both pleased and surprised at her choice of study. :angel:

Wow, Addie.....odd that after all these years of not seeing your great granddaughter that all of a sudden you get all these phone calls for help. :ohmy: Where does Abbie live, does she live far from you? I'm glad you're getting to see her after all these years. I wouldn't be able to handle not seeing my grands for that long. Hope you have a nice visit with her and lots of hugs. That's great that she's headed for college.

(By the way, just so you know before you see Abbie....ASL= American Sign Language. ALS is a degenerative neurological disease....just sayin' :))

Last edited:
Afraid we're not zoned for goats, Kay. And I sure couldn't keep it outside, too many coyotes and other predators (even though said predators are too lazy to help me with all the bunnies). It would have to be a house goat. They are adorable though!
Those miniature goats are small enough to be house goats. That video was adorable Kayelle.

But, goats have creepy eyes.

11356527_838088439572179_796740888_n.jpg

baby goat on a trampoline!!! Now I want one. Someone around here was giving away a 2 month old pygmy fainting goat...

Back
Top Bottom