What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What Are You Doing?

After a long road trip through 12 States, we had very little food in the house, so...
Costco
Trader Joe's
Sprouts
Target (I only buy tissues there)
local grocery store
and then lastly, Walmart...
WHEW!
So now, I have my FoodSaver out, packaging everything up in portions and then into the deep freeze.

Making another batch of tomato soup, NoDak style. I had a bunch of homegrown cherry tomatoes that needed to be used that I whirled in the blender to add to the canned ones. I also have a batch of crockpot Greek yogurt draining.

Tomorrow I will be working the Caboose on our local tourist train. Go to www.fwry.com to read about the railway
Sunday I am flying to Long Beach to pick up 4 small dogs going to Muttville, a place for older dogs in the Bay Area. I will be meeting another pilot in Paso Robles to transfer the dogs so he can fly them the rest of the way to Muttville
I am hoping it will be cooler by then:cool:

tomorrow i will be working the caboose on our local tourist train. Go to www.fwry.com to read about the railway
sunday i am flying to long beach to pick up 4 small dogs going to muttville, a place for older dogs in the bay area. I will be meeting another pilot in paso robles to transfer the dogs so he can fly them the rest of the way to muttville
i am hoping it will be cooler by then:cool:

shaka.jpg

Tomorrow I will be working the Caboose on our local tourist train. Go to www.fwry.com to read about the railway
Sunday I am flying to Long Beach to pick up 4 small dogs going to Muttville, a place for older dogs in the Bay Area. I will be meeting another pilot in Paso Robles to transfer the dogs so he can fly them the rest of the way to Muttville
I am hoping it will be cooler by then:cool:
That's awesome, Steve!

I just opened today's mail - I've been Jury summoned. I've never served before - either my number didn't come up, or I was excused back when I was a full time caregiver for my late mother. We'll see what happens this time. I kind of hope I'm called for this one.

Souschef to the rescue again! You certainly are one of the good guys, Steve.

After a long road trip through 12 States, we had very little food in the house, so...(five stores later...WHEW!...)
And yet you put dinner on the table. I would have called for take-out. You are a better woman than I, K-girl!

Contemplating a trip into Scottsbluff, NE...
Is that the closest "big town" to you now? More importantly, do they have a Costco? ;)

You either jinxed yourself and won't get called, or else you'll be put on some big, trial-of-the-century jury and we won't see you for months! :ermm:
If y'all don't see me after Sept. 21st, I've been sequestered! :ohmy: :LOL:

Seriously though, I'm in a small town - it'll probably be settled long before the court date. Either that or the judge will dismiss me during jury questioning, because I've got a close family member in law enforcement here in town.

We have Costco but I'd really be lost if we didn't have Trader Joe's. They are only 4 miles from here. Hoping they open another one closer. They are always busy. Even with the large parking lot, it's hard to find a parking space, sometimes you have to wait. They have the best selection of cheese at very reasonable prices.

We have Costco but I'd really be lost if we didn't have Trader Joe's. They are only 4 miles from here. Hoping they open another one closer. They are always busy. Even with the large parking lot, it's hard to find a parking space, sometimes you have to wait. They have the best selection of cheese at very reasonable prices.

I recently lived in Missoula, MT and they have a Costco...I grew very dependent on being able to shop whenever I wanted. Now I have to plan...:ermm:

Haven't been to a Trader Joe's.

We have Costco but I'd really be lost if we didn't have Trader Joe's. They are only 4 miles from here. Hoping they open another one closer...
Oh my, they are FOUR miles from you? You poor dear. How can you live knowing you have to drive that far? :LOL: Seriously, our nearest TJ's is 25 miles away. Whenif we move back to OH, we'll probably be at least 10 miles further from the nearest one. Just found out, however, that Costco is closer than I thought - 51 miles. Himself and I might have to do a scouting mission.

We live 45-60 minutes away from EVERYTHING!...
But I bet you have wonderful natural beauty right outside your door.

I'm having a pre-grocery shopping snack before I head out the door. One quick run into the near store (4 miles), then run up the highway to my main store (5.5 miles), then home again (8 miles). I'll probably spend more time in the car than in the stores! Where I'll once again probably waste time instead of doing important things. :glare:

Well, this was interesting. I preheated my little cast iron skillet, put in some avocado oil, and laid in my nice piece of s&ped ribeye.

Next thing I know, Fooommm! Flames shooting skyward! Wholy buckets, first time I've ever flambeed a ribeye! Thankfully I already had a bunch of potholders out, and was able to grab a lid to smother the flames. Then I noticed my potholder was on fire. That went into the sink.

Thankfully, DH, who spends his weekends napping and watching sports upstairs, missed the whole thing.

The ribeye was a perfect medium rare, with a REALLY nice crust.

Last edited:
Well, this was interesting. I preheated my little cast iron skillet, put in some avocado oil, and laid in my nice piece of s&ped ribeye.

Next thing I know, Fooommm! Flames shooting skyward! Wholy buckets, first time I've ever flambeed a ribeye! Thankfully I already had a bunch of potholders out, and was able to grab a lid to smother the flames. Then I noticed my potholder was on fire. That went into the sink.

Thankfully, DH, who spends his weekends napping and watching sports upstairs, missed the whole thing.

The ribeye was a perfect medium rare, with a REALLY nice crust.
I bet! :ohmy: I'm glad you ended up with a great rib eye, and only a potholder was harmed. Scary, though!

Yes, it was quite the surprise! I usually heat the CI pan on medium high, then cook the steaks.

Never thought my glass top range had it in her! I'm actually sort of proud of her!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom