"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #11961
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I may as well call it a day! lol
Or...you could come and work on my yard. It's only five acres. What do you think?
__________________

__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #11962
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Or...you could come and work on my yard. It's only five acres. What do you think?
Five aces? Going by my latest time of 20 min/acre that should take about 1-1/2 hours plus 20 minutes for not having a pattern down yet
If I leave now I can be there by November
__________________

__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #11963
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Five aces? Going by my latest time of 20 min/acre that should take about 1-1/2 hours plus 20 minutes for not having a pattern down yet
If I leave now I can be there by November
won't need any mowing done in November, but if you have a plow......
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #11964
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I'm so happy your ordeal is done, and you're finally home, Dawg. Relax and take it easy for awhile. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Z you said it beautifully. +1

I am waiting for TB to come back from walking Violet as he is taking me to the store to get my asthma medication and a few groceries and I won't be able to drive for a few days.

I forgot a pot on the stove yesterday and it boiled dry. There was a little smoke but it was enough to set off my asthma full speed. I am having trouble breathing and cough even just walking.

So the rest of the day I will be resting, taking my medications and keeping as calm as I can. I was supposed to be baking and order for next week - a variety of loaves, muffins and squares for a tea but thankfully my neighbour is willing to step in. She has catering experience as well.
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #11965
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post

Z you said it beautifully. +1

I am waiting for TB to come back from walking Violet as he is taking me to the store to get my asthma medication and a few groceries and I won't be able to drive for a few days.

I forgot a pot on the stove yesterday and it boiled dry. There was a little smoke but it was enough to set off my asthma full speed. I am having trouble breathing and cough even just walking.

So the rest of the day I will be resting, taking my medications and keeping as calm as I can. I was supposed to be baking and order for next week - a variety of loaves, muffins and squares for a tea but thankfully my neighbour is willing to step in. She has catering experience as well.
Thanks LP!

Sounds like things have been hellacious for you, {{{{LP}}}}
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #11966
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 5,171
I had some birthday money left so I treated myself and bought the "Ball American Heritage Collection" of blue canning jars. I love the color, so pretty. A local store had them on sale, so I lucked out on the price.
__________________
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
Rogers
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #11967
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
I had some birthday money left so I treated myself and bought the "Ball American Heritage Collection" of blue canning jars. I love the color, so pretty. A local store had them on sale, so I lucked out on the price.
That sounds wonderful. What are you going to can in them?
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #11968
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 5,171
I have some rhubarb I have to use up so I will be putting some jam in the jars. I think I will take one of the jars and use it as a flower vase and put some daisy's in it. Should look pretty on the kitchen table.
__________________
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
Rogers
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #11969
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
I have some rhubarb I have to use up so I will be putting some jam in the jars. I think I will take one of the jars and use it as a flower vase and put some daisy's in it. Should look pretty on the kitchen table.
Mmmmmmmmm...rhubarb!

Oh, I think it would look lovely as a flower vase. I'd love to see a picture when you get some flowers.
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #11970
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,119
I love blue jars. And rhubarb. Yes, please post a pic!
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.