What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't use coupons since I rarely buy name brands and the few coupons I find for those I do buy I always forget at checkout!

I'm so glad my monthly shopping is over. I'm having fun figuring out what to make that will allow me to make the most room in fridge and freezer.

Right now, I'm skinning some large lima bean while watching a marathon on HGTV on building tiny houses. So clever!

The large lima beans are butterbeans. The resulting soup will be smooth and buttery. No lumps.

Skinning them is a long and painstaking process, but does't require much hands on time except for the actual skinning, which is easily accomplishes with some good TV to enjoy during the process.

It takes at least a full 24 hours of soaking for all of the skins to loosen, but worth it in the end so that the finished dish doesn't have those tough skins.

Back to my tiny houses marathon and the second half of the lima beans.

Here I thought I was the only one who thinks those tiny houses are awesome cool.People have been extremely creative in how they design and live in them.When we retire I want one built like a Hobbits den.But I'm a Gullum fan.Lurking in places nobody wants to be in.:D:ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Here I thought I was the only one who thinks those tiny houses are awesome cool.People have been extremely creative in how they design and live in them.When we retire I want one built like a Hobbits den.But I'm a Gullum fan.Lurking in places nobody wants to be in.:D:ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I have a crawlspace you can lurk in...:eek:

Just the word "crawlspace" makes me think :eek: too! Wasn't there a Steven King book named that?

We were expecting one of DH's cousins and a friend to stop by late tonight. Just got a call, they're still in Nebraska, so late would mean 2:30 am. We agreed that's a bit too late. Thankfully, they'll stay at their hotel tonight and pop by tomorrow instead.

DH's IPhone went wonky while we were on our road trip, not that I care, I don't use it, but it annoyed him.
So when we got home, I researched online as to the problem, I even called the local "Genius Bar" and got the response, "Um, you should just buy a new phone." :furious: WHAT?! NOPE! That #@&%$*{ is not quite 2 years old, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! :glare:
Further digging uncovered that it was a simple fix, replace the battery.
Yeah right!
So I ordered a DIY kit for $20USD which included the battery and all the tools necessary. The box arrived this afternoon, and I just finished the job.
Can I tell you how nerve racking that was!? :wacko:
But I am proud to state that DH's dang phone works just peach swell now.

Getting ready to go to the wharf and buy some freshly caught Salmon for dinner tonight.

Our son and daughter in law will be coming home tonight and staying for the weekend.I'm going to make them surf and turf for dinner.

If only I could do something, ANYTHING with my hair I'd be ready to go.:blink:

I am having a bit of a lazy morning as it has been a hectic week.

I have been checking my email while sipping my decaf and munching on an English Muffin (away from the keyboard of course!).

Next I will start TB's breakfast and his sandwiches for work. I am treating him and our friend Kay, who has been staying with us, to lunch out so I want to have everything ready for him to just leave from the restaurant!

Getting ready to go to the wharf and buy some freshly caught Salmon for dinner tonight.

Our son and daughter in law will be coming home tonight and staying for the weekend.I'm going to make them surf and turf for dinner.

Yum!

I miss the days when I lived on the waterfront and just had to walk the equivalent of a block or two to get fresh caught salmon! Now I have a whole 45 minute drive! :LOL:

Oh, YUM! I'd love to have some of that - we're too far inland. Have a good weekend with family!

About the hair...that's when baseball caps come in handy. :D

Relaxing now, it's been a productive morning. Had my car smogged and an oil change, went to my grandson's Kindergarten for Grandparents Day - hung around with him for a couple of hours for the festivities and a catered lunch provided by the school, then stopped by the DMV to renew my registration. All that and home by 11:45. :)

Made a fast run to the store to pick up something Pirate forgot at the supermarket. Have been trying to get hold of my daughter. She is helping her daughter move into her new apartment in the basement. I would like to see the final product. :angel:

Which wharf are you near? Lived in SF for a while and always went to the wharf before it became so commercial. Those were the days. The big crab pots, loved it!

A little bit of this and a little bit of that, in and outside the house. Tomorrow I will be moving bricks and seeing if Dad has an edger I can borrow. Round Up for the weeds in the back.

Enjoy, PF! And it will be so nice to not have to chain up your grill and still have it stolen!

We had a lovely visit with DH's cousin and his friend. They're driving cross country and still have many hours to go to get out east. Another one of those visits where you just pick up where you left off, wish they could have stayed longer. Sadly, their daylight driving hours will be spent going through IL, OH, and NE. The more scenic states will be driven through when it's dark.

I don't know that I could drive that long any more. Used to do it all the time. They didn't pull into their hotel until 5:30 this morning, got a few hours sleep, then popped in to see us.

Princess, I'm so happy for you and Shrek having your own home, able to do what you want to fix it up how you two like it, a reasonable drive to work, being near family, and snow country. Can't get much better than that! :wub:

Dawg, glad you had such a nice visit with family. I would imagine IL, OH and NE are plenty scenic, but I've never been to those states. :) I couldn't drive hours and hours at a time anymore these days, either. I'm hoping to get up to my aunt and uncle's home up in Sacramento (NoCal) for a visit soon, but that's an 8 hour drive and my daughter will have to drive me. She doesn't know that yet, though. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom