What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope you two feel better very soon, GG and princess.

7:45 here, just have to get my sandals on, stop at the ATM, then headed for the farmers market.

I love farmer's markets! However, we have tons of farms within 10 minutes of us, so I tend to pick up produce directly from them.

This is my favorite time of year with all the fall vegetables especially squash. Delicato is the best, but I never pass up Acorn or Spaghetti squash either.

Going out that way today to run other errands and may have to stop by a few of them.

Enjoy the day, everyone!

FF

I took a long walk this morning and may do it again this afternoon. After the walk I hit a donut shop so there went the calories I may have lost. :pig:

Acorn are my favorite squash, especially loaded with butter and brown sugar. Hubbard and turban are a close second. I prefer the texture of the older heirloom type squash. They make a better pie than pumpkin, as well.

That's all I know.

Thanks, PF and Cheryl. PF, feel better!

I got myself together enough to get to the farmers market before they closed and got the corn and cucumbers I wanted. I also got a couple large yellow onions, a red onion and a little zucchini. Now I'm resting with a glass of G2 (doctor's orders, to keep hydrated) and DH is watching the Michigan football game.

Attachments

• 1442081167178.jpg
    1442081167178.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Thanks, PF and Cheryl. PF, feel better!

I got myself together enough to get to the farmers market before they closed and got the corn and cucumbers I wanted. I also got a couple large yellow onions, a red onion and a little zucchini. Now I'm resting with a glass of G2 (doctor's orders, to keep hydrated) and DH is watching the Michigan football game.

Love the picture! I walked over to Mom & Dad's. Borrowed Dad's edger, now I have to go outside and use it...darn me for looking for something to do today!:wacko:

I came home with a pretty good haul from the farmers market this morning! I'll be eating fresh fruits and veggies for days - hope I didn't overbuy. :ermm: :LOL: Fixin' to cut up the watermelon and cantaloupe and chop up the onion to freeze. I might quickly blanch, cube, and vacuum seal 2 of the squash. Kind of thinking a version of ratatouille, too.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 146
Just rolled out of bed for the second time today.
Was up early ready to do the usual things.My back told me not a chance, get back to bed.Took a Tylenol and went back to sleep.

I was so tense and stressed out last night.We never made it to the wharf.Got close but didn't have time to.Really wasn't in the mood to anyways.To avoid a major head on collision my husband jerked the wheel hard, slammed on the brakes to avoid it.I didn't see it coming sitting in the back seat.Thankfully I was wearing a seat belt.My body jerked forward my shoulder slammed into the front seat my back got wrenched pretty good.
Whiplash?

It was just a fun day all around.Stopped on the way home to get something to eat.Since when do restaurants ask you to leave tips for the cook? What is that a new policy?They didn't even get the order right.I didn't eat it either.Mizzz Crabby here:glare:

I came home and went straight to bed.
Going to take it easy today.I do envy you veggie marathon runners.:LOL:

May I join you, K-girl? Our subdivision pool is not looking so good. Hopefully we can get it back next week, it's supposed to be in the high 80's.

Come on in Dawg, the water's great, well at least today it is...
yesterday we went up to the pool and there was nobody there :huh:
then I saw the water, um, you couldn't see the bottom it was so murky :( it looked really scary...
so I went and found 'the man' to inquire as to the condition of the pool and should it be closed?
Nope, he said, it's fine but somehow the filter got shut off,
it'll be okay in a coupla hours... we left! :ohmy:

If they want me to leave a tip for the chef, the chef should come out to the table and ask how the food was. I'll give an honest answer. I thought the servers were suppose to divide the tips and give part to the chefs.

The servers didn't make the food, they brought it to the table. This is why I like going to Japanese restaurants where the food is made at the table. I give the person preparing the food a tip. The server also gets a gratuity, but I make sure the person making the food gets the generous reward for the delicious food.

We've given gratuity to chefs. They are the main reason we go to a particular place, for the food. We also handsomely give to the server(at least 25%) if they are good, which they most always are . Good service IMO should be rewarded. I also give tips to gas station attendants who pump my gas. Yes, they still do that here AND will wash your windshield. No self serve gas stations at all, illegal to pump your own. We're spoiled ,

Last edited:
Thanks Cheryl. The cousin's friend is from northern California, Rut something.

The most gorgeous sunset we ever saw was through the back window on our way to IL from IA.

IL, OH, and NE are pretty flat and rural. I love the drive through MN and MI though!

ND also has the Northern Lights, and probably the best sunsets ever, other than Iowa and IL!

As they head north through New England, the leaves will be just starting to change. NE has two mountain ranges. The Green Mountains in Vermont and the White Mountains that extend into Maine. Vermont and Maine are the most rural once you get away from the coast. Vermont has the smallest capital city of all 50 states. Even though it is a college town, the definitive word there is "town". :angel:

I am burning the midnight oil trying to work on a cake for my Mother-in-law's Birthday party. The design is getting simpler by the minute! LOL

Back
Top Bottom