What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't want to disappoint my Father. That is strong motivation. The problem now is Shrek has taken up smoking again...makes it quite difficult AND second hand smoke is just as bad as smoking...Every cigarette he has, so do I. Makes me angry.

Any chance of asking his to smoke outside? I didn't think so. :angel:

It wasn't long ago that I had to see a new Dr.He was such a jerk about my being a smoker.Did he think talking to my husband over my head to "Make her stop smoking would work?" My husband isn't my parent.I gave my husband (that look) he knows so well."She's going to get him"

After a while of listening to all that b/s.He went on to say how stressful/stressed out he was.Awwww what a shame.I saw the opportunity, the door was opened.Mr Bright was going to get his.

I asked him in a laughing tone "So, you want a smoke?"He about died.
My husband couldn't help but to laugh at the guy.He told me I was gutsy.
Classic Munky move.LOL!

Here where we live it is expensive to smoke.Lot of rules about where you can and can't smoke.But what a lot of people don't know is that you can buy tobacco and roll your own at a cheaper price.

I'm going to paint a sign that says Non Smokers can stay outside.See how they like the other side for a change.

Munky, my doctors do not even mention my stop smoking. When I and a lot of other residents moved into this building, it was a smoking building. When they opened the Barnes School after total renovations, the non smoking folks were offered an apartment there. They chose to stay here. Now they have designated this as a "Smoke Free Building." There are those of us who have found a way around it. According to rules, we are not allowed to smoke on any property that is adjacent to the "property." That means the sidewalk. So I go outside and while sitting on my scooter, go out into the middle of the street, right in front of the driveway. No cars can pull in or out. Management is not happy with me at all. Oh well, I am just following your rules. Once a month the Advisory Board meets in the Community Room. It is always on a Sunday. They will be my next ones to impress with their own stupidity.

The reason we can't use the sidewalk that is next to the property? Because one of the residents might be walking to or from the corner store or bus stop and they shouldn't have to walk through a haze of smoke. We have one resident that is on medical marijuana for cancer. They told him he would have to follow the same rules as everyone else. Well they got slapped with a legal suit. They lost. Now if you go up to the third floor, you know when he is having a bad time. You can smell it all over the third floor.

This battle is not over. I am not the only one in the building fighting this new rule. I have been smoking since I was ten years old. I am now 76.5 and they think I am going to quit just like that? I don't want to quit. It is still legal to buy the product and use as intended. :angel:

I smoked for a good long time, then I quit. Never said anything to Shrek, then one day he says, "I think I will quit" and he did for about 8 months. Then he started again...I'm not looking to kick him out of the house, but at the very least he could be a bit more conscientious about where I am before lighting up. I don't smoke and I don't want to smoke his cigarettes, too. I don't want to smell like smoke...this house had absolutely NO smell of smoke about it when we moved in...

So, I'm the bad guy??? Give me a break.

I smoked for a good long time, then I quit. Never said anything to Shrek, then one day he says, "I think I will quit" and he did for about 8 months. Then he started again...I'm not looking to kick him out of the house, but at the very least he could be a bit more conscientious about where I am before lighting up. I don't smoke and I don't want to smoke his cigarettes, too. I don't want to smell like smoke...this house had absolutely NO smell of smoke about it when we moved in...

So, I'm the bad guy??? Give me a break.
I think you should ask him to think about going outside to smoke. I decided to do that, with no prompting from Stirling. It helped me cut back painlessly. I think it's easier to just go outside than to remember to pay attention to where someone else is.

Munky, my doctors do not even mention my stop smoking. When I and a lot of other residents moved into this building, it was a smoking building. When they opened the Barnes School after total renovations, the non smoking folks were offered an apartment there. They chose to stay here. Now they have designated this as a "Smoke Free Building." There are those of us who have found a way around it. According to rules, we are not allowed to smoke on any property that is adjacent to the "property." That means the sidewalk. So I go outside and while sitting on my scooter, go out into the middle of the street, right in front of the driveway. No cars can pull in or out. Management is not happy with me at all. Oh well, I am just following your rules. Once a month the Advisory Board meets in the Community Room. It is always on a Sunday. They will be my next ones to impress with their own stupidity...............

Addie....are you serious??! That seems like a very thoughtless and dangerous thing to do. I'm surprised you haven't been evicted, had the police called on you, or been run over. Holy cow... :rolleyes:

Addie....are you serious??! That seems like a very thoughtless and dangerous thing to do. I'm surprised you haven't been evicted, had the police called on you, or been run over. Holy cow... :rolleyes:

I live on a very, very quiet street. I am in the middle of the block. If I see a car turn the corner I have plenty of time to get out of the way. They can't evict me for following rules. You can't smoke anywhere in the building. Or outside on the property, or on any area adjacent to the property.

One day the smokers got together and had a smoke fest in the middle of the street. When a car came along, we didn't move. They called the police, the police took our side and suggested to the driver that he back up and enter the street at the other end since that is where he want to go. As the officer explained to the driver, he had another option, we didn't. The driver complied and the Board is reviewing the rules. :angel:

I live on a very, very quiet street. I am in the middle of the block. If I see a car turn the corner I have plenty of time to get out of the way. They can't evict me for following rules. You can't smoke anywhere in the building. Or outside on the property, or on any area adjacent to the property.

One day the smokers got together and had a smoke fest in the middle of the street. When a car came along, we didn't move. They called the police, the police took our side and suggested to the driver that he back up and enter the street at the other end since that is where he want to go. As the officer explained to the driver, he had another option, we didn't. The driver complied and the Board is reviewing the rules. :angel:

You have no option but to block the driveway and the street? None whatsoever? Like going down the street in front of another building, or across the street on the opposite sidewalk?

I'm thrilled with my monarch caterpillar on my milkweed plant, and have to constantly go out and look at it. Which probably annoys it.

SO and I went out and bought a couple of iPhones today. A 5S for her and a 6 for me. With the introduction of the 6S, prices dropped by $100 each so we grabbed them. Now waiting for sim cards to come from the carrier so we can hook up. In the mean time, we're getting familiar with the ins and outs.

It's a big step to switch from flip phones to smart phones. The thought of having the entire world of information at my fingertips wherever I am is amazing considering how far technology has come in my lifetime.

Love OurGroceries. I've finally trained DH to use it on his phone instead of rewriting the lists on his dratted scraps of paper.

I'm going to bed soon after dinner out, and several glasses of wine here at home.

I went to the Dr. this morning about my sprained gimpy knee and we spent the rest of the day in the ER because he was worried about a blood clot. The good news is after several tests, is there's no clot to be found, but the knee needs several weeks of healing before further options are considered. The thought of a DVT had my attention big time, so life is good...always.
Night Night...

Getting ready to go to the Big City and buy a couple more bookcases. Where the heck did all these books come from.

I know, they seem to multiply! I just donated a bunch of them to the Cancer Center resale store. I just didn't have the room for them and had read them more than once. It's hard giving them up but I know others could enjoy them.

Back
Top Bottom