"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #12071
Executive Chef

shoot, princess i thought you just said you went out drinking with one of the rapists....

Old 07-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #12072
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Went to a going away party for one of the Therapists. I had a Virgin Caesar(bloody mary), Crab stuffed avocado salad and, once Happy Hour was over, a Tanquaray and Tonic with lime.
So was it a virgin Caesar or a virgin Mary (also known as a bloody shame )

Old 07-17-2013, 03:49 AM   #12073
Master Chef

Quote:
...once Happy Hour was over, a Tanquaray and Tonic with lime.
So you started to drink AFTER "Happy Hour"? Besides, any hour I'm drinking IS "Happy Hour". But I'm afraid we can't be friends anymore...our liquor boxes don't have any gin in them. Practically everything else, but no gin. Then again, if I knew you were coming I would buy you a gin.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #12074
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
So was it a virgin Caesar or a virgin Mary (also known as a bloody shame )
I just said (bloody mary) so as not have to explain the Caesar,,,I see that didn't work.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #12075
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
So you started to drink AFTER "Happy Hour"? Besides, any hour I'm drinking IS "Happy Hour". But I'm afraid we can't be friends anymore...our liquor boxes don't have any gin in them. Practically everything else, but no gin. Then again, if I knew you were coming I would buy you a gin.
Yes, it allowed me to eat my dinner before a cocktail and only have ONE drink...first one I've had in about two years. So don't buy a bottle for me, it will just sit there. I'm not much of a drinker, reminds me...I need to walk over and get the car so I can get to work. Good thing it's only 8 blocks away.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #12076
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I just said (bloody mary) so as not have to explain the Caesar,,,I see that didn't work.
I love me a bloody Caesar, but don't usually drink them because Clamato has a log of MSG. I drink them when they are made with store brand tomato-clam juice that doesn't have MSG.

I thought I would check to see if Clamato still has lots of MSG and found this in a Wikipedia article:

"Clamato is used primarily as a mix for alcoholic beverages (an estimated 60% of sales in the US in 2008[4]), and it is popular for this in both Canada and Mexico, but curiously much less so in the United States (outside of Canadian-American and Mexican-American communities)."

Bloody Caesar is quite a common drink up here in Canada, so I didn't get that a lot of the Yanks wouldn't know what you meant.

Another one of those funny, little cultural differences.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #12077
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I love me a bloody Caesar, but don't usually drink them because Clamato has a log of MSG. I drink them when they are made with store brand tomato-clam juice that doesn't have MSG.

I thought I would check to see if Clamato still has lots of MSG and found this in a Wikipedia article:

"Clamato is used primarily as a mix for alcoholic beverages (an estimated 60% of sales in the US in 2008[4]), and it is popular for this in both Canada and Mexico, but curiously much less so in the United States (outside of Canadian-American and Mexican-American communities)."

Bloody Caesar is quite a common drink up here in Canada, so I didn't get that a lot of the Yanks wouldn't know what you meant.

Another one of those funny, little cultural differences.
Red Lobster used to make a Ship Wreck Mary with vodka, tomato juice, horseradish and shrimp buzzed in the blender, they were very nice in the summer!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #12078
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post

Red Lobster used to make a Ship Wreck Mary with vodka, tomato juice, horseradish and shrimp buzzed in the blender, they were very nice in the summer!
That sounds good!

Being Canadian-American, we drank our share of Caesars. Wish they made a low sodium version of Clamato, like they did with V8. Or maybe they did.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #12079
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
That does sound tasty. I tend to prefer bloody Marias to bloody Marys. It's the same thing, but with tequila instead of vodka. I like tasting the booze.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #12080
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
That sounds good!

Being Canadian-American, we drank our share of Caesars. Wish they made a low sodium version of Clamato, like they did with V8. Or maybe they did.
You won't get a low-sodium Clamato because it contains MSG (which V8 doesn't). That is why I could never drink Clamato as I am highly sensitive to MSG. I am not sure why it is used, but is in canned clam chowder as well.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote