What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been up for a few hours. I made lunch, did some dishes, took care of the cat, got cleaned up a little (I'll take a shower later) and put a load of laundry in the dryer. That is my usual weekday morning routine.

I'm not crazy about needles coming at me, either...I like the other end much better. Only thing that stops me from setting up the IV.:rolleyes:

Then there's the question about what nurses do for bathroom breaks...I just say, "It Depends..."

I will agree, also. I remember when I was in the hospital a year ago, January. The nurse had trouble finding a vein and stabbed me about 4 times to find one. I think about that and I shudder.

When I was a kid, I had to get shots in both arms for my allergies. It's weird, because it didn't seem to bother me then.

Last edited:
PrincessFiona60 said:
I'm not crazy about needles coming at me, either...I like the other end much better. Only thing that stops me from setting up the IV.:rolleyes:

Then there's the question about what nurses do for bathroom breaks...I just say, "It Depends..."

"It depends ". LOL! Love it!

Just spent four hours on condo association business preparing for our annual meeting on Monday night. We had a good year.

I'm about to go deal with the registration of my new (used) Volvo. I will be driving there in a Saab, because they are still diagnosing the problem Swedish Auto, where I bought the car. I want my new car. Waaa

I go, but I hate the AGMs for my condo association. I am startled by how stupid some people can be.

Our annual meetings are poorly attended. Mostly by residents who have personal issues. We have to scramble every year to get enough attendees/proxies for a quorum.

I repotted several of my "babies" that were getting too big for their pots. It's a messy job, but necessary.

I also reworked my new shirt.

I buy men's shirts because the women's shirts are too short in length and sleeves, and rarely come in my size anyway. Men's shirts in XL are plentiful and attractive, and are usually much cheaper than women's. Same goes for shorts. Last summer I found men's XL plentiful with lots of pockets and on sale for $5 each. I even bought more than one pair of colors I liked.

I used stitch witch to shorten the sleeve length to my elbow, and removed extra buttons.

Thawed the catfish for tonight's dinner.

Good grief. I'm perusing the yard, and I'ma gonna be busy tomorrow! Much weeding and deadheading to be done. Anyone got a good recipe for chickweed? Will have to see if it's edible. I need weeding chickens.

I agree, Zhizara, men's clothes are much better made and lots cheaper. I buy men's knit shorts and sweats as I need the length and pockets. I also used to wear men's dress shirts, again for the sleeve length, but now women's talls are more available.

Last edited:
I started a document on my computer when I lost my grandmother (the Mother who raised me). It helped me to let go. I started simply by describing what she looked like - an identifying mark every beautiful wrinkle on her face how she smelled (favorite perfume), her soft hands though she worked like a lumberjack or as hard as one all of her life. Besides stories, I had a couple pages of all the quirky habits she had, pages of lessons she had for me and how she went about teaching them to me, pages of all the sacrifices I could remember & knew of that she made for me personally & the family and anything at all about her that I didn't want to forget. I still remember things about her that I didn't write about, & I'll take a minute & add to the document. It makes me feel a little more secure relieving some of my anxieties being that I don't trust my own memories & if I ever have children or grandchildren I will be able to share with them who played a big part in making me who I am today.
I used to never tell this stuff to strangers but I remember how hard that was for me and if my experience can help anyone in any way at all then it's worth my opening up & it helps my own heart to heal. I don't know you, but I wish you emotional healing LP.
That is such a good idea. My Dh has been so sad with the loss of his mother. I am sure this would be a fantastic idea to help him in his healing process. Thank you so much, it was very well written.:)

Good grief. I'm perusing the yard, and I'ma gonna be busy tomorrow! Much weeding and deadheading to be done. Anyone got a good recipe for chickweed? Will have to see if it's edible. I need weeding chickens.

I agree, Zhizara, men's clothes are much better made and lots cheaper. I buy men's knit shorts and sweats as I need the length and pockets. I also used to wear men's dress shirts, again for the sleeve length, but now women's talls are more available.

Last month a saw a very pretty, colorful T-shirt in Women's, it was 3X and was only $5. When I got home and tried it on, the sleeves were too short, showing my upper arm flab, and the length wasn't past my crotch where I prefer it. I'm hoping to find another colorful T-shirt so I can add on to the sleeves at least. As it is, I won't wear it. :(

Why is it that clothing manufacturers think women don't want pockets? I have been told that women don't want pockets, because they make lumps when you put stuff in them. Well, seems to me that the solution is simple: put pockets. If someone doesn't want lumps, they can leave their pockets empty.

You said it, TaxLady! That's another thing I like about the men's shirts, at least one pocket. I prefer to use it for my grocery list and pen when I'm shopping. They are also so well matched to the plaid/print that if you don't put anything in it, you really don't see it.

It's so aggravating to take my trash out to the trash chute and find I don't have even one pocket to put my keys in. I'm so afraid I'll toss the keys down the chute too.

Back
Top Bottom