What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That a good reason not to shop Walmart. Most of the people I see in those motorized shopping carts should be walking and losing a few pounds.

I've heard this before, but that isn't always the case. You don't know what their health issues are. You aren't in their shoes. Have you ever used a MartCart? I have, and thank you very much, I'm 5'11 and weigh 150 pounds and I had knee surgery and used one.

Knee surgury is a bugger. It wasn't a replacement; it was mending a torn ACL and meniscus.

Some people are overweight because of genetic issues or thyroid issues. They eat right, they exercise, they do all the right things but their bodies don't respond too well. It isn't their fault. And being overweight puts a lot of pressure on the back, hips, and knees. The pressure makes it painful and extremely tiring to walk around a huge store like a Walmart SuperCenter so they need the MartCarts.

This lady that hit me was angry at the cashier and backed up into me. She backed up because she threw her stuff back into the basket and backed waaay up to go around the customer in front of her who kept us waiting with several price checks.

I didn't antagonize anyone; I was just standing there. I never said a word, I did nothing. Those MartCarts are heavy and I didn't see or realize she was backing up because I reckon I was too close behind her and I was in her way when she backed up. By the time the MartCart beeped in reverse I started to step back but it was too late.

I don't mean to offend anyone but we just never know peoples' situations. I was too close, so she hit me. I know now to stand waaaaaaayyyyyyy back from those in a cashier line.

When I used one, I'd look behind me first before moving in reverse.

Again, I don't want to offend anyone. I just got some bruises and a LOT of swelling.

Please forgive me if I'm too outspoken; I apologize for any hurt my words have caused.

I've heard this before, but that isn't always the case. You don't know what their health issues are. You aren't in their shoes. Have you ever used a MartCart? I have, and thank you very much, I'm 5'11 and weigh 150 pounds and I had knee surgery and used one.

Knee surgury is a bugger. It wasn't a replacement; it was mending a torn ACL and meniscus.

Some people are overweight because of genetic issues or thyroid issues. They eat right, they exercise, they do all the right things but their bodies don't respond too well. It isn't their fault. And being overweight puts a lot of pressure on the back, hips, and knees. The pressure makes it painful and extremely tiring to walk around a huge store like a Walmart SuperCenter so they need the MartCarts.

This lady that hit me was angry at the cashier and backed up into me. She backed up because she threw her stuff back into the basket and backed waaay up to go around the customer in front of her who kept us waiting with several price checks.

I didn't antagonize anyone; I was just standing there. I never said a word, I did nothing. Those MartCarts are heavy and I didn't see or realize she was backing up because I reckon I was too close behind her and I was in her way when she backed up. By the time the MartCart beeped in reverse I started to step back but it was too late.

I don't mean to offend anyone but we just never know peoples' situations. I was too close, so she hit me. I know now to stand waaaaaaayyyyyyy back from those in a cashier line.

When I used one, I'd look behind me first before moving in reverse.

Again, I don't want to offend anyone. I just got some bruises and a LOT of swelling.

Please forgive me if I'm too outspoken; I apologize for any hurt my words have caused.

No apology is necessary from you. The apology should be coming from Mr. Bushrod. He is the one who posted the very offensive remark. :angel:

Well right now I am avoiding looking at the new King Arthur Flour catalog. I was finding all sorts of things I don't have.

You did not offend anyone. Though you might want to call Walmart and let them know to check the backup beepers on those carts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back from the farmers market. Got some cute little red potatoes, squash, garlic and limes. No, the limes aren't local but the market manager makes an exception for citrus since it goes so well with so many other fruits and vegetables from the farm.

Um...I should not be thinking of closing this thread, but I may have to if certain members continue in their bad manners. Time to show by example how we are supposed to behave, not become what we are upset with.

I'm trying to shake off an ear worm right now. I did a little bit of packing up my garage sale leftovers, but had to stop it when all I kept thinking of was this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VsROS5iK4g

I'm afraid it will take me longer to clean everything up and haul away the stuff going to Salvation Army than it took me to set up. After all, we can leave a car out until the snow flies. Himself's car. ;)

I'm trying to shake off an ear worm right now. I did a little bit of packing up my garage sale leftovers, but had to stop it when all I kept thinking of was this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VsROS5iK4g

I'm afraid it will take me longer to clean everything up and haul away the stuff going to Salvation Army than it took me to set up. After all, we can leave a car out until the snow flies. Himself's car. ;)

;) Except for a submarine. What goes down, must come up! :angel:

I used to tell folks that one of the nice things about living alone is that I don't have to watch sports. Well, that dream ended. Having Pirate here lets me get to watch the Patriots play every Sunday. And I get to watch every interview, talk show and anything else that has to do with the Pats.

Yeah, I know. It is my home and my TV. But wheat the heck. I secretly have to admit, I am a big Pats and Red Sox fan. Just don't tell Pirate. I like gripping about watching the game every Sunday.

The pundits are now talking about the Curse of the Patriots and Brady. :angel:

I am getting ready to pack a few more boxes as TB is taking another load to the storage locker. It is getting pretty full there; however, he is going to remove some items (but thankfully they aren't coming back home!). He is taking all his Halloween light show stuff to his brother's place so they can hook it up there. We are not supposed to have it here and if we are showing the place we really don't want "Thriller" or "Monster Mash" playing on the front lawn :LOL:.

Just curious Addie....does Pirate live with you in your senior building?

-----------

I'm multi tasking this morning. :LOL: On my second cup of coffee, reading the grocery store sale flyers, playing around online, watching the hummingbirds on the patio buzz around the feeders, and halfway listening to ATK on TV. Good deals at Albertsons this week - .99/lb for pork shoulder roast, .88/lb for chicken thighs. I have lots of chick thighs already, but won't hurt to get more. :)

Just curious Addie....does Pirate live with you in your senior building?

-----------

I'm multi tasking this morning. :LOL: On my second cup of coffee, reading the grocery store sale flyers, playing around online, watching the hummingbirds on the patio buzz around the feeders, and halfway listening to ATK on TV. Good deals at Albertsons this week - .99/lb for pork shoulder roast, .88/lb for chicken thighs. I have lots of chick thighs already, but won't hurt to get more. :)

Yeah. He is listed as my caregiver. And he is old enough to be eligible for senior housing also.

I have arthritis in my spine and hips. There are days when I consider it a good day if I can just get out of bed. He does most of my housework. And being as short as I am, he is handy for high up chores. Like getting a dish off the second shelf.

Sometimes I find it very painful to stand at the stove and cook. So he cooks a lot of my meals. And he is a dang good cook. He learned it all from his father. He learned the way around a kitchen from him, but he uses my recipes. :angel:

Good that he can be there for you, Addie.

LP and CG - you ladies are busy!! Bet you'll be so relieved to get those chores done. It always feels nice to downsize.

Last edited:
Removing a large chunk of lawn (weeds) to create a flower bed, Laundry and cooking a big pot of pork green chili.

Looking for my cell phone.I can't find it anywhere.:ermm::LOL:

Tried calling myself.My better half (phone) has the volume and everything else turned way down.Basically I'm being ignored.I shut the ringer off on it yesterday.We were on the road all day.

Hubby has been wanting me to upgrade it for a few weeks.He just bought a new one.I barely use mine,can't see what the point is to wasting money on a new one.

Taxy, did you get a good view of it? Of all nights to be cloudy....we can barely see it here. Looks very orange though, from what I can see.

Munky, I hope you've found your phone by now! I see no need to upgrade mine either...my Samsung 3 smartphone works just fine for me for what I need. My SIL gives me his 'old' ones when he upgrades, and I'm totally happy with that!

Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful here. We have a front row seat and the sky is littered with tons of sparkling stars. But the showstopper is the moon and the eclipse. If there's any way for you to view this lovely sight, go for it before it's all over.

Back
Top Bottom