"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #12141
Certified Pretend Chef

SO had a Dr. appt. and he called in a Rx to the wrong pharmacy. I thought the easiest way to go would be to just hop in the car and pick it up as it was nearby and I was going out anyway. Looked up directions and took off. Road closed - detour. I got really lost. Finally found the place and got the Rx. Then to the market to pick up some stuff for tonight's ceviche for dinner. Then across town to get an Italian sub from the Centre Deli and home to AC and lunch.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #12142
Head Chef

I am just settling down to do the Daily Telegraph crossword puzzles and sudokus. "Nigel Slater's Dish of the Day" is on TV and he is making a rather lovely looking roasted pork joint at the moment. (He roasted it with blackberries - which sounds quite unusual!)

Old 07-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #12143
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
SO had a Dr. appt. and he called in a Rx to the wrong pharmacy. I thought the easiest way to go would be to just hop in the car and pick it up as it was nearby and I was going out anyway. Looked up directions and took off. Road closed - detour. I got really lost. Finally found the place and got the Rx. Then to the market to pick up some stuff for tonight's ceviche for dinner. Then across town to get an Italian sub from the Centre Deli and home to AC and lunch.
Andy, you do know you can have your regular pharmacy contact the wrong one and have the 'script transferred to them if it is a refillable one. Will save a lot of aggravation later on.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #12144
Chef Extraordinaire

Now where I live is a peninsular and the temps are always a couple of degrees lower than further inland. Our weather reports come from Logan Airport which is really out there on the ocean.

So I got curious. I haven't been outside in more than a week due to the high temps. I went to the official weather site out at the airport. I went into shock! It is 99F. out there! So then I looked at the rest of the State. The farther inland you go, the higher the temps. And there is no breeze coming in off the ocean. Am I never going to be able to get out of this apartment again?

My apartment is nice and cool. I really need to go down and check on my mail before the mailman begins to wonder why I am not picking it up. Am I dead? Am I sick? In this kind of heat the hallways are brutal. It is not so bad on the first floor. There is an AC in the laundry room and they leave the door open so the air goes out into the hall. And there are two heavy duty ACs in the Community Room. They leave them running continuously. Bless their hearts. But the second floor (my floor) and the third floor are too hot to go out into. Since heat rises, the third floor hall knocks the breath out of you.

So since I can't leave my apartment I am going to go on a cleaning spree.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #12145
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
I am just settling down to do the Daily Telegraph crossword puzzles and sudokus. "Nigel Slater's Dish of the Day" is on TV and he is making a rather lovely looking roasted pork joint at the moment. (He roasted it with blackberries - which sounds quite unusual!)
Aha! Another Sudoku lover! I keep a small clipboard with puzzles on my desk in front of me at all times and totally enjoy the jigsaw puzzles. Have you tried them yet?

I also keep another clipboard in the bathroom just in case I'm detained in there.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #12146
Chef Extraordinaire

I went to the eye doctor today. First time in a few years they have not raised the prescription on my contact. I'm not sure if reaching my plateau is a good thing or a bad thing...
Old 07-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #12147
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Well, I WAS going to go to the pool, checked it out, and every car in our subdivision is there, along with a lot of noise. Scratch that. So I put a pork roast in the CP and doused it with Coca Cola and bbq sauce.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #12148
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Aha! Another Sudoku lover! I keep a small clipboard with puzzles on my desk in front of me at all times and totally enjoy the jigsaw puzzles. Have you tried them yet?

I also keep another clipboard in the bathroom just in case I'm detained in there.
I haven't reached the stage where I keep Sudoku puzzles in the bathroom yet!

But yes, I do actually have Sudoku and Crossword puzzles available all the time otherwise! Haven't done a jigsaw puzzle in many years though.

Just started a Codeword, then on to the "quick" crossword. I'll probably leave the Cryptic crossword til tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #12149
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Well, I WAS going to go to the pool, checked it out, and every car in our subdivision is there, along with a lot of noise. Scratch that. So I put a pork roast in the CP and doused it with Coca Cola and bbq sauce.
Roast sounds really good. But, then what else did you do?

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #12150
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Andy, you do know you can have your regular pharmacy contact the wrong one and have the 'script transferred to them if it is a refillable one. Will save a lot of aggravation later on.
Yes, Addie, I do know that. As it had already been filled I decided to go get it and save her a trip. SO wiil have it transferred when she goes for a refill.