"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #12141
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,343
SO had a Dr. appt. and he called in a Rx to the wrong pharmacy. I thought the easiest way to go would be to just hop in the car and pick it up as it was nearby and I was going out anyway. Looked up directions and took off. Road closed - detour. I got really lost. Finally found the place and got the Rx. Then to the market to pick up some stuff for tonight's ceviche for dinner. Then across town to get an Italian sub from the Centre Deli and home to AC and lunch.
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #12142
Head Chef
 
KatyCooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,135
I am just settling down to do the Daily Telegraph crossword puzzles and sudokus. "Nigel Slater's Dish of the Day" is on TV and he is making a rather lovely looking roasted pork joint at the moment. (He roasted it with blackberries - which sounds quite unusual!)
__________________

__________________
KatyCooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #12143
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
SO had a Dr. appt. and he called in a Rx to the wrong pharmacy. I thought the easiest way to go would be to just hop in the car and pick it up as it was nearby and I was going out anyway. Looked up directions and took off. Road closed - detour. I got really lost. Finally found the place and got the Rx. Then to the market to pick up some stuff for tonight's ceviche for dinner. Then across town to get an Italian sub from the Centre Deli and home to AC and lunch.
Andy, you do know you can have your regular pharmacy contact the wrong one and have the 'script transferred to them if it is a refillable one. Will save a lot of aggravation later on.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #12144
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,017
Now where I live is a peninsular and the temps are always a couple of degrees lower than further inland. Our weather reports come from Logan Airport which is really out there on the ocean.

So I got curious. I haven't been outside in more than a week due to the high temps. I went to the official weather site out at the airport. I went into shock! It is 99F. out there! So then I looked at the rest of the State. The farther inland you go, the higher the temps. And there is no breeze coming in off the ocean. Am I never going to be able to get out of this apartment again?

My apartment is nice and cool. I really need to go down and check on my mail before the mailman begins to wonder why I am not picking it up. Am I dead? Am I sick? In this kind of heat the hallways are brutal. It is not so bad on the first floor. There is an AC in the laundry room and they leave the door open so the air goes out into the hall. And there are two heavy duty ACs in the Community Room. They leave them running continuously. Bless their hearts. But the second floor (my floor) and the third floor are too hot to go out into. Since heat rises, the third floor hall knocks the breath out of you.

So since I can't leave my apartment I am going to go on a cleaning spree.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #12145
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
I am just settling down to do the Daily Telegraph crossword puzzles and sudokus. "Nigel Slater's Dish of the Day" is on TV and he is making a rather lovely looking roasted pork joint at the moment. (He roasted it with blackberries - which sounds quite unusual!)
Aha! Another Sudoku lover! I keep a small clipboard with puzzles on my desk in front of me at all times and totally enjoy the jigsaw puzzles. Have you tried them yet?

I also keep another clipboard in the bathroom just in case I'm detained in there.
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #12146
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
I went to the eye doctor today. First time in a few years they have not raised the prescription on my contact. I'm not sure if reaching my plateau is a good thing or a bad thing...
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #12147
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,092
Well, I WAS going to go to the pool, checked it out, and every car in our subdivision is there, along with a lot of noise. Scratch that. So I put a pork roast in the CP and doused it with Coca Cola and bbq sauce.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #12148
Head Chef
 
KatyCooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Aha! Another Sudoku lover! I keep a small clipboard with puzzles on my desk in front of me at all times and totally enjoy the jigsaw puzzles. Have you tried them yet?

I also keep another clipboard in the bathroom just in case I'm detained in there.
I haven't reached the stage where I keep Sudoku puzzles in the bathroom yet!

But yes, I do actually have Sudoku and Crossword puzzles available all the time otherwise! Haven't done a jigsaw puzzle in many years though.

Just started a Codeword, then on to the "quick" crossword. I'll probably leave the Cryptic crossword til tomorrow.
__________________
KatyCooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #12149
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Well, I WAS going to go to the pool, checked it out, and every car in our subdivision is there, along with a lot of noise. Scratch that. So I put a pork roast in the CP and doused it with Coca Cola and bbq sauce.
Roast sounds really good. But, then what else did you do?
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #12150
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Andy, you do know you can have your regular pharmacy contact the wrong one and have the 'script transferred to them if it is a refillable one. Will save a lot of aggravation later on.
Yes, Addie, I do know that. As it had already been filled I decided to go get it and save her a trip. SO wiil have it transferred when she goes for a refill.
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.