What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here we have a mystery fork bender.Somebody keeps bending them.
My house is just weird! So I've decided how I get them is how they will get them back.Just like the laundry.If you're too lazy to unroll a sock.A sock ball is what you'll get back.:ROFLMAO::LOL: Hey, new game!:LOL:

Ah well, need to pack going to S.F.If need be we'll stay for the weekend.
Hubby isn't doing well.

See you guys when I get back.
Don't be good.I'd be disappointed in ya's.:ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL:

My sister had the same problem. She found lovely dinner size PLASTIC forks, knives, spoons all in shiny silver. A wee bit heavier than standard plastic. They were a slightly more in cost than the standard plastic cutlery you would normally buy. He will think he is dining at the Estate Dinner. :angel:

I have some of those, actually, for when we BBQ. This may well become a new rule for work lunches. :)

I just went out and bought new flatware (there was a good sale going on at Bowring). This set, though, will be kept in the chest, and will not be for everyday use.

Here we have a mystery fork bender.Somebody keeps bending them.
My house is just weird! So I've decided how I get them is how they will get them back.Just like the laundry.If you're too lazy to unroll a sock.A sock ball is what you'll get back.:ROFLMAO::LOL: Hey, new game!:LOL:

Ah well, need to pack going to S.F.If need be we'll stay for the weekend.
Hubby isn't doing well.

See you guys when I get back.
Don't be good.I'd be disappointed in ya's.:ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Sounds like something the male gender would indulge in for simple minded amusement. I have met a few of them when waitressing. Same college kids doing the dastardly deed. We kept the folks and when they came in the next time, like you, they got their forks back with their food. Apology and a nice tip followed. :angel:

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. :mrgreen: After spending last week setting up for the garage sale, I spent parts of this week boxing up the leftovers. Everything is in boxes, all lined up around parts of the perimeter of the room, just waiting for Salvation Army to pick it up. The best part is that both of our cars are all tucked into the garage again, safe and sound and staying dry. I swear I can see their grills smiling...

Ahh yes, the missing flatware! I bought a very good quality stainless steel service for 8 more than twenty years ago, and thru the years, just got used to having to wash the remaining pieces more often. It's strange that I still had 8 table knives.
The Onieda pattern had been discontinued and I didn't even remember the name of it. SousChef, the guy who can track down anything I want, found the forks and spoons for sale on Ebay. He ordered 8 more of the forks and spoons, and now we don't run out before the dishwasher is full.

Kay, glad you got your replacement pieces. SousChef probably got a better deal than on Replacements, Ltd. - they're kind of spendy - but good to know it's there in a bind.

CG, glad you're relaxing! Munky, have a great weekend in SF.

I'm not doing a thing - had a leisurely 2 hour brunch out with a good friend today, and came home to ants on the kitchen counter. :glare: UGH. Just sprayed, so now I need to clean up their little carcasses. Looks like they were after the one fork and dinner dish from last night. :rolleyes:

It's good to be home.
The trip was rough on my husband.I'm glad he's decided to sleep in today.

Our dogs we bad while we were gone.Those two got busted.BIG TIME!:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Not really.The look alone was enough.;)

My son had given them each a treat.He then walked out of the room for a few minutes.While he was gone our Golden Retriever Trub went to the treat box and stole another one. My son came back into the room and heard crunching noises.He looked to see what they were chewing on.Trub had brought it over to our dog that's blind and they were both sitting face to face sharing it.:wub:
They didn't miss me.They got away with a crime.My little criminals.:LOL:

I bought 2 sets of Phalzgraf flatware when someone was having a close-out. I thought I would give the second set as a gift, but instead I use them when I have more than 8 people here for dinner so the flatware all matches. No pieces are missing yet. I also have my mother's set of Oneida flatware that I scarfed up when she passed away. They are old, but I liked the pattern. One fork was missing, but I found one at Goodwill so now I have a full set, in case I ever get nostalgic and decide to use them. I could furnish another kitchen with all the extra stuff I have accumulated.

I had a complete set of Blue Willow for eight people. Including a lot of the serving pieces. Platters, bowls, etc. When I downsized, I kept two dinner plates, two soup bowls, two mugs and four salad plates. I use the salad plates for myself. If I were to use a dinner plate, I would probably pile more food on it. This way I limit what I have for a serving. And I very rarely have seconds.

My cutlery consists of the remnants from all the sets I have bought over the years. I also have some pieces from my mother, that were her mother's. I hate polishing them, so they stay wrapped up. I should give them to my daughter to take care of and keep. :angel:

I am recovering from my most recent procedure - the repair of an aneurysm in an artery to my spleen. It went well but now I have to lie here for two hours while the incision heals enough. On the bright side, DH is bringing me a sandwich from Panera and it's outpatient so I'll be home later. I pulled dinner from the freezer last night so it just needs to be warmed up.

I am recovering from my most recent procedure - the repair of an aneurysm in an artery to my spleen. It went well but now I have to lie here for two hours while the incision heals enough. On the bright side, DH is bringing me a sandwich from Panera and it's outpatient so I'll be home later. I pulled dinner from the freezer last night so it just needs to be warmed up.

If being still for two hours is the worst of it, you're in good shape. I hope you have a quick and easy recovery.

If being still for two hours is the worst of it, you're in good shape. I hope you have a quick and easy recovery.

Thanks, Andy. The nurse said according to the discharge orders, no cooking or cleaning for two months. Unfortunately, DH had already read them and insists it's only two days, although the nurse said that's a typo. I like her :LOL:

DH appreciates your cooking skills, as he should. Maybe you can compromise between the two days and two months. 30 days is about half way.

Tell DH, I and a host of all of us will come down there if he doesn't cater to your every whim and want. Do take care of yourself. It sounds like you have not had your best year. Aneurysms are some serious stuff.

I just got back from having X-rays of both hands. The doctor gave me a good laugh though when I read the orders. A bilateral (bi meaning two) set of trilateral (three) views. The X-ray tech asked me if I knew what she meant. I explained that she kept getting interrupted with phone calls when she was typing it and said she was going to get three views. To be on the safe side, he agreed with the three views. I was sitting in a very low chair and even though the X-ray table was at it lowest setting, it was still too high. So trying to position my hand the way he wanted it and not create pain in my shoulder while twisting my hand...... A nightmare in the making. I had to take two pain pills when I got home. And I don't take even aspirin if I can help it.

Why do the techs like to torture patients when doing the X-rays? :angel:

I am recovering from my most recent procedure - the repair of an aneurysm in an artery to my spleen...
Oh Honey, it's been patch-patch-patch all year for you, hasn't it. :( Glad they caught it before you had serious problems, hope you heal quick, and ditto on what Addie said about making sure your DH gives you as much time as you need to feel better.

I bought 2 sets of Phalzgraf flatware when someone was having a close-out...I could furnish another kitchen with all the extra stuff I have accumulated.
I could furnish a good-sized restaurant with all of my stuff! :ermm: I'm a real addict when it comes to dishes. Flatware, not so much, even though I have two missing-pieces sets and two complete sets. The two complete sets are rarely used, which might explain the reason they are all still there. :huh:

As far as dishes? 1) A service for 8 set of Pfaltzgraff "Folk Art" dishes, including every single item. Who needs 8 cups & saucers AND 8 pedestal mugs? :huh: (Mom went wacky at the outlet stores when she found out she was going to be a grandma of twins.) 2) Service for 8 of my MILs Franciscan "Desert Rose" dishes, serving pieces too. 3) Eight more settings (4-piece) of a Pfaltzgraff Christmas pattern, and various four-count sets of dinner plates (3 sets), sandwich/salad plates (2 sets), and dessert plates (3 sets). Also, two each of white square sandwich and rectangular dinner plates. We won't even get into bowls, since I tend to collect pottery ones when on vacation and vintage ones from yard sales.

I need an intervention, don't I...:ermm:

Are you home yet? Are you home yet? Hoping for a speedy recovery, take it easy!

Back
Top Bottom