"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #12151
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post

And then what else did you do?
I plugged it in and turned it to high. Hoping for pulled pork in a few hours. I put a sliced onion on the bottom.

I had a "real" coke left over from my trip, and just thought it sounded good.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #12152
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Yes, Addie, I do know that. As it had already been filled I decided to go get it and save her a trip. SO wiil have it transferred when she goes for a refill.
Thank you Andy. I always appreciate it when someone answers a question I ask. Personally, I think you made the right decision to just go and pick it up. But did you really think it would be that simple? Detour, getting lost! Ever heard of Murphy's Law? Murphy had his eye on you!

Old 07-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #12153
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I plugged it in and turned it to high. Hoping for pulled pork in a few hours. I put a sliced onion on the bottom.

Still unwinding? Good! Enjoy! Take time to process it all. {{{{HUGS}}}}!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #12154
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post

Still unwinding? Good! Enjoy! Take time to process it all. {{{{HUGS}}}}!
Thanks sweetie! I finally got the suitcases unpacked too!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #12155
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Thank you Andy. I always appreciate it when someone answers a question I ask. Personally, I think you made the right decision to just go and pick it up. But did you really think it would be that simple? Detour, getting lost! Ever heard of Murphy's Law? Murphy had his eye on you!
I'm willing to admit my sense of direction is world class awful. I almost called the cops once to report my car's being stolen from a mall parking lot because I couldn't find it. I eventually found it.

So any detour is a challenge. I even try to out guess myself and turn left if my first thought is to turn right, knowing I'm always wrong. Those are the times I was right.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #12156
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I'm willing to admit my sense of direction is world class awful. I almost called the cops once to report my car's being stolen from a mall parking lot because I couldn't find it. I eventually found it.

So any detour is a challenge. I even try to out guess myself and turn left if my first thought is to turn right, knowing I'm always wrong. Those are the times I was right.

Wow, I didn't think there was anybody out there as bad as me! I had to call the attendant one time when I simply could not find my car in a multi-storey car park. So embarrassing when he found it straight away! I had told him I was sure it had been stolen!

As for finding ANYWHERE - I am a disaster.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #12157
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post

My cousin's husband makes pulled pork in the crockpot with just a can of Orange Crush. I had it once and didn't think it was that great, but my dad loves it. I like spices in mine.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #12158
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Andy and Katy, glad I'm not the only one. GPS is my friend. I do OK outside, it's INside big buildings that I get lost! I refer to myself as "directionally disabled."
Old 07-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #12159
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm enjoying a nice clean house courtesy of a Groupon I bought a couple months ago, along with a glass of wine. DH wants to go look at trucks. His Ford Escape is 12 years old and starting to have expensive problems. He wants to get an F-150, since we're doing all this work on the yard. Then he wouldn't have to rent the truck at Lowe's anymore.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #12160
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post

My cousin's husband makes pulled pork in the crockpot with just a can of Orange Crush. I had it once and didn't think it was that great, but my dad loves it. I like spices in mine.
I've made CP meat with coke before, it's always pretty good. I clipped a recipe from a newspaper many moons ago that used it. Some say it was Pioneer Woman who started it, but my clipping predates her.