What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am recovering from my most recent procedure - the repair of an aneurysm in an artery to my spleen. It went well but now I have to lie here for two hours while the incision heals enough. On the bright side, DH is bringing me a sandwich from Panera and it's outpatient so I'll be home later. I pulled dinner from the freezer last night so it just needs to be warmed up.

Oh jeez, GG. Hopes for a speedy recovery!

I prefer the nurse's instructions too!

We got home about 3:30. DH told me to sit on the porch and read the paper, then scolded me for picking up the paper from the porch floor. He also got stuff I needed from upstairs and is now working off his stress on his bike. I :heart: him so much. He's da best! :)

We got home about 3:30. DH told me to sit on the porch and read the paper, then scolded me for picking up the paper from the porch floor. He also got stuff I needed from upstairs and is now working off his stress on his bike. I :heart: him so much. He's da best! :)

He sounds just like my Steve.

Ohmygosh, that's scary stuff GG! So glad they fixed it but sending you home so soon has me puzzled. Good grief, how is this even possible?
It went well but now I have to lie here for two hours while the incision heals enough.
Did they put you in some kind of a magic healing chamber? Geeze...

He sounds just like my Steve.

Ohmygosh, that's scary stuff GG! So glad they fixed it but sending you home so soon has me puzzled. Good grief, how is this even possible?
Did they put you in some kind of a magic healing chamber? Geeze...

It was done through the femoral artery, not an open surgery, so it's an outpatient procedure. I shouldn't have said healed - they wanted to make sure the incision clotted enough that it wouldn't open.

So two hours of bed rest, walking, and re-examining the area. All good - just very little activity for a couple of days.

(((Gentle hugs, GG))) I'm glad to hear they found the aneurysm and got it repaired before it 'sploded. Take care of yourself and get well soon.

Thanks, taxy. Me, too. Hearing that there could be a "catastrophic incident" was rather scary. Apparently it was pretty big. It was found incidentally when I had an ultrasound for something else.

Last edited:
Thanks, taxy. Me, too. Hearing that there could be a "catastrophic incident" was rather scary. Apparently it was pretty big. It was found incidentally when I had an ultrasound for something else.

My Aortic Aneurysm was also found by ultrasound when they were looking for something else. I'm due for another ultrasound next month to make sure it hasn't changed further, but it's always on my mind.
Sure glad you dodged that bullet ((GG)),

My Aortic Aneurysm was also found by ultrasound when they were looking for something else. I'm due for another ultrasound next month to make sure it hasn't changed further, but it's always on my mind.
Yikes, you too? (((Gentle hugs, Kayelle). I can understand how that would be always on your mind. Sending positive vibes.

One doesn't want to ignore an aneurysm of any kind. Day surgery is one of those kind of surgery that leaves you wondering with amazement.

I had part of a finger bone removed while I was able to watch and then go home. Now I need to have the same procedure done on another finger. Shoot the whole finger up with Novocain, open the finger, removed the piece of bone and sew her up.

The skill was swift and right spot on. Even more complicated procedures are now done in Day Surgery. In by eight, home in time for lunch.

So glad they found it GG. One less problem to worry about. And on the road to better health for you. Happy News. I love Happy News! :angel:

Just poking my head in to let y'all know that everything is OK!

Went on vacation, came home and a day later lost my grandmother, so off to Maine. Now that is all settled I shouldn't be so distracted. Work is a bear right now though.

Being home to say goodbye to my grandmother was bitter sweet, she's finally at rest and lived to a ripe old age of 93, but in the last couple years Alzheimers had taken hold and we hated to see her this way. She never got to the point where she forgot everyone. She still knew that they were a familiar face as soon as they entered the room, even though she would be at a loss for a name. I was able to see cousins that I hadn't seen in 20 years, we were so close as children and it's strange how life takes us in different directions, but we fell right back into place like not a day has passed. I guess that my grandmother's final gift was bringing us back together.

So sorry to hear of your loss, Bakechef. I agree, in my family, some of our best times were at the receptions following my grandparents', and later, my parents' funerals.

Us cousins all have wicked senses of humor.

Thanks, Kayelle. Gentle hugs for you, too {{{Kayelle}}}

Yikes, you too? (((Gentle hugs, Kayelle). I can understand how that would be always on your mind. Sending positive vibes.

Thanks Taxi and GG..

I don't like to talk about my health but actually kicking the bucket quick with a burst aneurysm, would be a blessing compared to the terrible deaths of all the people in my life I loved so much.

Last edited:
One doesn't want to ignore an aneurysm of any kind. Day surgery is one of those kind of surgery that leaves you wondering with amazement.

I had part of a finger bone removed while I was able to watch and then go home. Now I need to have the same procedure done on another finger. Shoot the whole finger up with Novocain, open the finger, removed the piece of bone and sew her up.

The skill was swift and right spot on. Even more complicated procedures are now done in Day Surgery. In by eight, home in time for lunch.

So glad they found it GG. One less problem to worry about. And on the road to better health for you. Happy News. I love Happy News! :angel:

Oh dear. Hope the next surgery goes well, Addie.

Back
Top Bottom