What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, we haven't gone yet. I called our nursing hotline and they told me to not take my evening dose of the antibiotic and monitor my symptoms. They have been getting a bit better though the pain is still intense - that I can live with. I phoned a doctor friend and she said to keep monitoring it over night and at least go to a clinic tomorrow if not the ER to get a new antibiotic. So that is what we will do. I am still not able to eat much but at least I am keeping down what is there.

Thank you for all the well wishes. TB has been home for awhile now and will take me kicking and screaming if he has to.

Creating my Minion costume for Halloween.

Minion-Wallpaper-1.jpg

An Ogre Minion? That is almost an oxymoron! LOL

Glad you are feeling a bit better LP!!! Continuing with the prayers and best withes.

Will have Shrek get a picture of the costume.

Dealing with our 16 year old daughter on waiting until Sunday night to get her homework done. ARGH!!!!!

I will be leaving at 8 AM tomorrow to fly a cancer patient and his fiance to UCLA for stem cell transplant evaluation. Fingers crossed for good weather

Wow, souschef, what an amazing thing you are doing. I will be praying for a good outcome.

PF, I look forward to the picture. And thanks for the prayers, they are helping me actually cook thanksgiving dinner today. I got a new antibiotic and seems to be working with little side-effects. I always get some.

I am also working on my online marketing bootcamp. Week 3 starts tomorrow and being sick I am way behind. But we have a private FB group and the other students are really encouraging and helping me!

Dealing with our 16 year old daughter on waiting until Sunday night to get her homework done. ARGH!!!!!
Simonbaker, if I left my homework to the last minute on weekends, my Mom would make me do all of it for the next weekend on Friday night. I couldn't go out, watch TV or even have the radio on until it was done. Having to miss a friend's birthday party one time helped me learn my lesson and I would do it when I got home Friday before any plans and finish it up the next day.

Simonbaker, if I left my homework to the last minute on weekends, my Mom would make me do all of it for the next weekend on Friday night. I couldn't go out, watch TV or even have the radio on until it was done. Having to miss a friend's birthday party one time helped me learn my lesson and I would do it when I got home Friday before any plans and finish it up the next day.

If it didn't involve math, I actually enjoyed homework back in high school. Loved my English writing classes.

Great tip, thank you!:angel::angel:

Oh my goodness! You speak Romanian, yes?

Thank you so very much! Oh, I don't have a Romanian keyboard here but I shall say you are as well!

Esti asa de amabil!:)

Love
~Cat
If you need special characters and you are using a Windows operating system, you can use "Character Map". It's how I get French diacritical marks and Danish letters.

Oh my goodness! You speak Romanian, yes?

Thank you so very much! Oh, I don't have a Romanian keyboard here but I shall say you are as well!

Esti asa de amabil!:)

Love
~Cat
Cat, I do not speak Romanian, but you are such an enchanting person, I snuck over to Google Translate lol.
I have been to Murfatlar and Constanta some years ago

Busy day

This morning we flew a cancer patient and his fiance to UCLA medical center for evaluation. In the afternoon I donated blood.

This morning we flew a cancer patient and his fiance to UCLA medical center for evaluation. In the afternoon I donated blood.

I wish I could donate blood. I have perfectly round red blood cells. That means they can't turn corners with ease and has the immediate means of creating a blood clot. A trait you do not want to pass on to another patient. Something I received from my father when I was just a few hours old. He gave me some of his blood. And then again when I was three months old. So instead I am the recipient of the kindness of folks like yourself. Thank you.

I am sitting here at 1:30 a.m. in total shock. My daughter took me clothes shopping last week. She bought me three pairs of warm slacks/pants for the winter along with tops. They are a 14 Petite. The waistband came up to my armpits. And the waistband is way too big. I am so glad I do not remove the tags. They are going back. The tops fit fine. The last time I was in a 14P, was right after my daughter was born. And that was 63 years ago. These pants are so big I think I am going to have to go down to a 12P or even a 10P. I have some undergarments that are a size 8. They are stretched out and also just too big. So I got some size 6. Perfect fit!

Oversize folks can not cross their legs with any comfort. I can now cross mine and even swing my leg while it is crossed. Everyone keeps telling me the same thing the scales tell me. I have lost a lot of weight and am now thin. But I don't feel thin. I am walking more and more without the aid of my scooter. I stand up much straighter. I have more energy. Food is no longer the center of my world. When I get bored, I get physically busy with a chore. I don't look to food to fill the time. But I still don't feel thin. I need new eyeglasses. I have been using and buying Sophia Loren frames for years. I love the way they fit on my face. But I decided to go wild this time and found a pair that are more in style of today. And I love them. I actually look younger with these frames. But the best part is that my face is thinner and looks it with these frames. They makes my cheek bones standout. Something I haven't seen since my teenage years.

I have to learn to accept the new me and enjoy being thin and feeling thin. I wouldn't mind losing another ten pounds though. Then I would really be back to my teen years. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom