What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember mama using one of those sprinkle bottles, then rolling the clothes up tight and putting them in the refrigerator till the next day. I don't know why though.

My mother did the same thing. The clothes seemed easier to get the wrinkles out if you did that.

Most of my clothes are wash and wear and come out fine from the dryer if I hang them up right away. I have some that are linen blends or whatever that I wear on special occasions and don't want to throw in the washer and dryer, and those go to the cleaners. :rolleyes: :)

I do own an iron though, and sometimes use it. :ermm::LOL:

Last edited:
I remember mama using one of those sprinkle bottles, then rolling the clothes up tight and putting them in the refrigerator till the next day. I don't know why though.

My mom did that too. Wetting and waiting allowed the sprinkled water to spread throughout the material so you could steam iron without a steam iron.

I rather like the attitude of the Irish towards bereavement i.e. to celebrate their life as well as mourn their loss. Grief has its place but so does focusing on how they enriched our lives and memories...nothing can take that away. ♥

Last edited:
Waking up, sipping a cup of coffee.Waiting for that Jolt to get me going.

Got a lot of things done this week.Took yesterday off and stayed in bed.I've been working til I drop.

The Head hunters want to see me today.Nothing special.No complaints.Just checking in to have my B/P checked.

Tonight were going out to dinner on the wharf.Crab cakes have been calling my name.:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

I miss my Mom and Dad every day, too. I guess that's a good thing, since it means I loved spending time with them and doing things together, and now that isn't possible. Although I do still have conversations with them. In my head. Mostly...:ermm:

I rather like the attitude of the Irish towards bereavement i.e. to celebrate their life as well as mourn their loss. Grief has its place but so does focusing on how they enriched our lives and memories...nothing can take that away. ♥
To me, "missing" and "grieving" are two completely distinct emotions. I miss my Mom a lot. I miss our kids a lot. I don't grieve for any of them, but I think I can still miss someone I love whether they are living or gone.

I miss my Mom and Dad every day, too. I guess that's a good thing, since it means I loved spending time with them and doing things together, and now that isn't possible. Although I do still have conversations with them. In my head. Mostly...:ermm:

To me, "missing" and "grieving" are two completely distinct emotions. I miss my Mom a lot. I miss our kids a lot. I don't grieve for any of them, but I think I can still miss someone I love whether they are living or gone.

I'd sure agree with that CG. I've had my share of "grieving". Grieving goes away after a time but the missing never does.

I'd sure agree with that CG. I've had my share of "grieving". Grieving goes away after a time but the missing never does.

I "third" that motion. I am no longer grieving; however there are moments where I miss my parents very much. For example, my Dad would be so happy that the Toronto Blue Jays are doing well and we would be watching every game together. I have trouble watching it just because I don't have him to share it with.

I take your point but, perhaps, missing and grieving are along the same spectrum but separated by degrees of intensity. After all, too miss someone a LOT becomes painful and is surely therefore closer to grieving?

I'm making spaghetti sauce and watching college football. :chef:

Yesterday was the anniversary of my brother passing away. I miss im a lot.

I take your point but, perhaps, missing and grieving are along the same spectrum but separated by degrees of intensity. After all, too miss someone a LOT becomes painful and is surely therefore closer to grieving?

Maybe a better explanation is grieving is painfully missing the departed every second of every day. When that finally subsides, the grieving is over but the scattered moments of missing are always there. Interesting subject. Both my SousChef and I spent many hours counseling fellow widows/widowers on line. It's how we met.

I see grieving as the pain of losing a loved one. The shock of the loss and its impact on you. Grief would occur at the time of the loss and immediately following.

Missing someone is more of an extended feeling of wanting their presence for interaction.

I see grieving as the pain of losing a loved one. The shock of the loss and its impact on you. Grief would occur at the time of the loss and immediately following.

Missing someone is more of an extended feeling of wanting their presence for interaction.

This!

Just woke up from a nice recliner nap a bit ago. Was supposed to go to Tyler's baseball game at 1, but the ball field is flooded so it was cancelled.

This is a free Cinemax and HBO weekend, so I'm browsing through the guide looking for movies to DVR.

Back
Top Bottom