What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Much like you, Aunt Bea. Simple meals like mushroom soup, bean soups and grilled cheese. Today will be our last big meal, we are going to the city and eating at a fantastic Mexican Restaurant.

I know what I'm doing right now.....reclaiming my work surfaces in the kitchen. The island is a 'catch all' and most times I only have half the 3' X 6' surface area to work on......:(

Re-organizing the cabinets is also underway.......

Shop Til You Drop Baby!

Up wayyy too early.This isn't normal.Noon has become my new normal.

Going shopping to spoil my sister rotten.:wub:

Hope she likes what I've picked out.All I have to do is pick it all up,have it wrapped and sent off.

She's having difficulties adjusting to life without Mom.So I think a little pampering is in order, things that are just for her and her alone is a nice way of showing her how to get the ball rolling.

@Addie,
Please don't give me ANY advice or comments on how YOU would handle things.Thank you in advance!

Thinking about getting up to tidy up the house. Work has been so crazy, I've been working long hours that the house looks more "lived in" than I would like. Since mom is coming tuesday and I'll have a house full of guests, there is no better time than the present!

Hope she likes what I've picked out.All I have to do is pick it all up,have it wrapped and sent off.

She's having difficulties adjusting to life without Mom.So I think a little pampering is in order, things that are just for her and her alone is a nice way of showing her how to get the ball rolling.

@Addie,
Please don't give me ANY advice or comments on how YOU would handle things.Thank you in advance!

Condolences again on the loss of your dear mother, Munky. While you're pampering your sweet sister, don't forget to do something nice for yourself as well. :wub:

The snow knocked out our Directv satellite dish. DH wanted to watch "the game", but neither one of us do much with ladders anymore, and the dish is on the roof. I convinced him to use the apple picker pole which I wrapped in a rag, to knock the snow off. It worked!

Last edited:
Just finished cutting up 4 pounds of boneless chuck for chili. I'll probably cook it tomorrow for dinner. Now I'm finishing up the last of the pulled from the freezer in a sandwich for lunch.

Good idea, Dawg!

--------------
Grilling rib eyes with my brother tomorrow around noon, and just now thought I better make sure I have enough lump charcoal. Glad I checked - headed out to the big box store for more.

DH and I are in a cooking marathon for his dad. I'm sitting down for a few minutes of rest while he makes meat and veggie sauce for stuffed bell peppers.

Here area a few other meals we've made for him.

Attachments

• 1448136862883.jpg
    1448136862883.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 150

@Addie,

I know she will appreciate all your effort on her behalf. :angel:

I cleaned out the fridge and rearranged the freezer. I now have enough room between the two for at least three turkeys. It is amazing how much space you can gain when you toss out all those half empty bottles you know you will never finish. No turkey for me though. I don't like it. Only the thigh meat. :angel:

I'm resting. Busy cleaning again today (who's idea was it that dust isn't an attractive decoration) and I've earned a sit-down. We have an antique barrister's cabinet in the living room - it has a base and top, plus four storage sections. I took every little thing off of and out of the entire piece, disassembling the unit and polishing up all the wood and glass. Once clean, I reversed the process. Whew, am I glad that the inside is cleaned for another couple of years! Had to take our collection of various beer-drinking vessels off of a smaller, open cabinet. That wasn't quite as bad since there isn't any glass to break and it's a lot smaller. One room down, six more plus a staircase and hallway and 2 1/2 bathrooms to go :ermm: :wacko:

Up wayyy too early.This isn't normal.Noon has become my new normal...
My best buddy back home always says the best sleep in between the hours of 10:00 and noon. She's right. :LOL: I just figure my body is in the eastern time zone but my body clock is in Hawaii. ;) ~~ BTW Munky, you are a gem of a sister. If I had a sister, I would want her to be sweet like you. :flowers:

Admiring the wonderful bench Daddy made for my dining room. Now I can seat three more people without resorting to steel folding chairs.

Attachments

• Bench 012.JPG
    Bench 012.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Bench 013.JPG
    Bench 013.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Bench 014.JPG
    Bench 014.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Bench 018.JPG
    Bench 018.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Bench 017.JPG
    Bench 017.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 52
Wow, that's beautiful, Princess. Your dad is very talented! And the kitty is a nice touch. Glad it passes his inspection. :wub:

Back
Top Bottom