What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last time I had surplus coats, I gave them to the Salvation Army along with the donations to their Thanksgiving Dinner food drive, with hopes that they actually went to those who needed them.

Yes, I think Salvation Army doesn't make a profit for sales.

My qualm with SA is that they are not gay-friendly, and oppose same-sex marriage.

Oh well, these coats are really nice, and they're taking up a lot of space on my dining room table!

Last edited:
Yes, I think Salvation Army doesn't make a profit for sales.

My qualm with SA is that they are not gay-friendly, and oppose same-sex marriage.

Oh well, these coats are really nice, and they're taking up a lot of space on my dining room table!

The SA is the only charity I will donate to. I too heard about their stance on not being gay friendly, but I had to keep in mind that it is a religious organization. And I don't feel comfortable judging them for their religious beliefs and practices.

Other than that I have never heard of any scandal regarding the SA for as long as I have lived. Therefore I make it a point to make a donation to their Red Kettles every year. And in addition I just mailed in my yearly donation to their Thanksgiving Dinner Fund. :angel:

Sorry I haven't been here in a while, my mom has had a rough year and it has ended up with her having a hip replacement and going to an inpatient rehab facility. But she seems to be doing good now and she will be coming home soon.

Very nice bench, PF......looks great. Your dad did a nice job with what he had on hand.

I have a rack in my garage for lumber that I've salvaged or bought over the years. I retired from carpentry a few years ago.....commercial and residential. I still have many tools that I rarely use.......last thing I built was a 12' balance beam for my grand-daughter for Christmas in 2012.

I was just browsing Facebook and my friends that adopted the baby, had some pics from a professional shoot. He's 15 months and I have no idea where that time went! This kid melts my heart, when I visit he's pretty much at my hip all the time. We play, he gets his blanket and a book and we read, we have snacks. He's just such a well adjusted happy-go-lucky kid. We babysat him a week ago and he was totally cool waving goodbye to mom and dad, not a tear shed. They are coming for Thanksgiving, so that should be fun!

I was just browsing Facebook and my friends that adopted the baby, had some pics from a professional shoot. He's 15 months and I have no idea where that time went! This kid melts my heart, when I visit he's pretty much at my hip all the time. We play, he gets his blanket and a book and we read, we have snacks. He's just such a well adjusted happy-go-lucky kid. We babysat him a week ago and he was totally cool waving goodbye to mom and dad, not a tear shed. They are coming for Thanksgiving, so that should be fun!

Sounds like the perfect age to get started with this Thanksgiving tradition, don't forget to send him home with a can! :LOL:

10805785_1537985706446761_3403136452440436987_n.jpg

Babies do have a way of melting your heart. And they grow up a lot faster than we want them to. :angel:

Sorry I haven't been here in a while, my mom has had a rough year and it has ended up with her having a hip replacement and going to an inpatient rehab facility. But she seems to be doing good now and she will be coming home soon.

Good to see you back cjmmytunes, and best wishes for a speedy recovery for your dear mama. Jump right back in here when you're ready. :flowers:

Just got done making a large batch of cranberry relish. I will be taking it to three meals. We are invited to one of our sons tomorrow noon for turkey and again on Friday night for (ham) with whole family and on Saturday we are going to our daughters at noon for another turkey. Thats a lot of eating in 3 days. :)

I'm curious to know what you're making for the low carb crowd PF??

Tomorrow only I'm with the eat anything crowd. I haven't eaten one thing high carb in three months now. I'll prolly make myself sick.

I just don't have the stamina I once had. I'm pooped out after a day in the kitchen cooking and to think I used to do this kind of holiday cooking without any help at all!
Without my sweet and ever so helpful SousChef, I'd have to hang up my marathon cooking apron for sure! Everything is ready to transport to the oldest son's house tomorrow. Phew!

I just don't have the stamina I once had. I'm pooped out after a day in the kitchen cooking and to think I used to do this kind of holiday cooking without any help at all!
Without my sweet and ever so helpful SousChef, I'd have to hang up my marathon cooking apron for sure! Everything is ready to transport to the oldest son's house tomorrow. Phew!

Time for a glass of wine!!!

I have a similar problem, I only have energy when I first wake up. These days I find myself cooking at 3 or 4 am and eating leftovers for dinner!

All we can do is adapt and soldier on!!! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I have the same problem Kayelle. I was just telling Stirling that I really want to do my traditional Winter Solstice dinner, but I will have to modify my m.o. I am planning on two smaller parties (six people each, instead of 11 or 12 all at once). Also, I want to have a lot of the stuff done ahead of time and frozen. For example, I usually do a pork roulade. I think I can cut and roll them up and then put them in the freezer, ready to roast on the day of the party. I can make the mashed potatoes ahead and freeze them. I can make a large batch of rødkål (Danish red cabbage) and just keep it in the fridge. I'm trying to think of other do-ahead stuff.

I have decided that I won't even have the parties unless I have lots of stuff done by two or three weeks before the party. Hmm, that gives me an idea. Later on, I will post a thread here asking for suggestions and tips.

Time for a glass of wine!!!

I have a similar problem, I only have energy when I first wake up. These days I find myself cooking at 3 or 4 am and eating leftovers for dinner!

All we can do is adapt and soldier on!!! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Yep, it's wine time to be sure Bea!

I just hung up from talking to son who will be doing his fabulous Webber turkey, and he said he would be injecting it with bacon fat!! :LOL:
I laughed out loud proclaiming...."atsa my boy". :ROFLMAO:

I'm curious to know what you're making for the low carb crowd PF??

Tomorrow only I'm with the eat anything crowd. I haven't eaten one thing high carb in three months now. I'll prolly make myself sick.

I made a pumpkin pie without the sugar and made a butter pecan crust for it. As a dressing sub, I pulverized mushrooms, celery and onion, sauteed in butter, added turkey broth and poultry seasoning and diced green and red pepper. Looks weird, but tastes good. Cauliflower Leek soup is on the way tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom