What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm busy trying to get my gaping mouth to stay closed. Our across-the-street neighbors are moving to Williamsburg VA, and she and I had a nice visit before things get hectic when the movers show up in three weeks. Some of you might remember our next-door neighbors from Hades, the one who had four police vehicles in front of their house a few weeks back. Well, Mrs. Across-the-Street was telling me things about Ms. Next-Door that I never knew. :huh: Things I never even suspected! :ermm: Things that you figure are restricted to racy TV shows but don't happen in YOUR neighborhood! :ohmy: I've lived next to these people for TWELVE YEARS and my biggest take-away? That they do not know how to control their dogs. Wow, do I live in a bubble.

One good thing to note: it made it very clear to me today that there is no way anyone could ever accuse me of being a nosy neighbor. :LOL: My across-the-street neighbor isn't nosy either, but she has friends who are police officers...

I'm busy trying to get my gaping mouth to stay closed. Our across-the-street neighbors are moving to Williamsburg VA, and she and I had a nice visit before things get hectic when the movers show up in three weeks. Some of you might remember our next-door neighbors from Hades, the one who had four police vehicles in front of their house a few weeks back. Well, Mrs. Across-the-Street was telling me things about Ms. Next-Door that I never knew. :huh: Things I never even suspected! :ermm: Things that you figure are restricted to racy TV shows but don't happen in YOUR neighborhood! :ohmy: I've lived next to these people for TWELVE YEARS and my biggest take-away? That they do not know how to control their dogs. Wow, do I live in a bubble.

One good thing to note: it made it very clear to me today that there is no way anyone could ever accuse me of being a nosy neighbor. :LOL: My across-the-street neighbor isn't nosy either, but she has friends who are police officers...

When I encounter someone like your Mrs. Across-the-Street I always wonder what they have collected in my dossier! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
:LOL: That's exactly what I said to her! :ROFLMAO: She said she hasn't snooped on any of the rest of her neighbors, and I actually believe her. I mean, if YOU were neighbors with my wild one neighbor and YOU had friends who were cops, YOU would want to know all the dirt too. When your police officer friend tells you they would buy your house but they don't want to live across from THOSE people, you want to know every niggling detail, I guess.

Himself's parting words to her were "I don't ever want to get on your bad side". :LOL:

Holy cow, CG!

When I was a teen, I worked in a little restaurant where our last customers of the night were cops. We'd make them a fresh pot of coffee, and they'd tell us all sorts of stuff about the crimes and criminals in the area. Unlike mental health workers, etc., cops don't have any rules to keep them from sharing stuff.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:
Well I'm still here, but you've given me an idea, Munky. I'm still in my jammies and plan to stay that way, and don't have a furry cleaning genie.... but I think I'll wait until wine thirty (which may be soon :LOL:), and let that and some Christmas music help me with the clean up. ;):LOL:

Oh yes. Christmas music always puts you in a cleaning mood. Start with the happy songs like Santa's Coming to Town. Then as you are almost done, you can go over to Silent Night and the hymn like ones. By then you will feel like a nice glass of wine and relaxing in your favorite chair. :angel:

(((Hugs Addie))) Get well soon.

I think the hugs and well wishes worked. I am feeling so much better today. Finally! It seems after a quick trip to the health clinic, my cold turned into pneumonia. Pneumicocal (?) pneumonia. The kind that is very dangerous for the elderly. They gave me an antibiotic shot. I had the shot more than eight years ago. I guess it has worn off.

The good news is that through it all I was continuously able to bring up all the phlegm. So every cough was very productive. Feeling so much better today. But very weak. :angel:

My closet cleaning continues. How can one person amass so many clothes? So far I have piles of sweaters, shirts, and jackets and coats, all in great condition.

Next I have to start on my business wear closet.

I am starting to research my Sàmi ancestry. I have joined a few Sàmi groups. One of them is specifically for people researching their Sàmi ancestry using DNA and using other methods.

I'm learning all kinds of neat stuff. I even found out that there is a group of Sàmis who walked from Kiruna, the furthest north city in Sweden, to Paris to participate in the Climate Conference. That's over 3,000 km, that's about 1,865 miles. The walk was called "Run for your Life".

Going to move furniture and set up our Christmas tree.
Decorate the house with bells of holly today.You know all that happy stuff.

I do it to irritate my Atheist neighbor next door. LOL!!!!:LOL:
We always laugh when she makes the comments to us "WHY!?"
Our answer is the standard."Because WE can!"

My little dog won't be think it's funny.Poor thing is blind.She'll be walking and bumping into things for a few days until she gets used to it. Walk bump.Walk bump...I'll make it up to her tonight.Have a Ham bone defrosting in the fridge for her.

Last edited:
Decorating for Christmas here today too, and getting into the swing of things by listening to my Vince Guaraldi Charlie Brown Christmas CD. I'm surprised I haven't worn that CD out over the years! This one is my fave - the Charlie Brown Christmas Dance. :LOL:
I'll be getting my tree tomorrow - moving a few things around today to make a space for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1LUXQWzCno

Last edited:
I have not gotten as far as putting out my few Christmas decorations yet.

Today was spent burrowing around in the closets, sorting through Christmas decorations and holiday dishes that I no longer use. The good news is that I have three large boxes ready for the local charity shop. The bad news is that I have two large boxes of things I no longer use and am unable to part with. I'll make another run at it next year!!! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

setting up my new cell phone.
The last one was just fine but hubby thought I needed one just like his.

Where is the OFF button?
This one is a little too picky.Oh great, it's just like me.:ohmy::LOL:

Have just been posting the song "Another Day In Paradise" by Phil Collins on some forums....because as Christmas draws near I am particularly reminded on those that are street homeless. My heart goes out to them.

I was one of them (in the last century) and through the winter....so I know first hand what it was like.
I have enormous compassion for them and hope they survive the cold....whether they be mentally ill, unfortunate, a junkie or a drunk - none deserve to die for lack of shelter.

Last edited:
Singing along with the Frank Sinatra special. My mother despised FS, she was an Elvis girl. I don't care, DH and I are singing anyway.

I'm shocked that DH knows FS lyrics that I've never heard! (He is a bit older, that may explain it.)

Last edited:
I'm recording it Dawg, and we'll watch it without commercials tomorrow. I wasn't a fan at the time, but his music sure speaks to me now. "Come Fly With Me" especially since SousChef and I found each other. Sigh.

Not so much "doing", as "did"

I made from-scratch pierogies today! First time ever. It took me a while to figure out how to work with a dough that wasn't a pie crust, but once I got the hang of it, not so bad! The ones in the upper-left of the tray were the first (and look it), while the ones on the right side of the tray were my improved versions towards the end. Unlike when I used packaged won ton wrappers to make pot stickers, I'll definitely make pierogies again. Just not until after the holidays. :LOL: Here are the "before" and "after" pictures. BTW, I made 26 pieces - we have about 10 left. :pig:

Attachments

• 2015-12-06 21.22.23.jpg
    2015-12-06 21.22.23.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 2015-12-06 21.42.35.jpg
    2015-12-06 21.42.35.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 165
Those look great, CG. I can definitely tell where you started to get the hang of it - although I'm sure they were ALL very tasty!

I'm sitting at the dining room table, sipping on my second cuppa and watching my kitty frolicking in the leaves on the back lawn. He's having so much fun attacking the pile of leaves and leaping up in mid air catching them as they fall. :LOL: Not bad for a 16 year old kitty! :LOL:

Entertaining as he is, I need to start getting a move on and getting things done around here....

Woo Hoo, the painter arrived and he's washing the outside of the house right now. I hope the new color scheme will be as pretty as I expect. I'm fussy about the right shades of color and the SC is tint blind, so he's no help.:rolleyes: He claims to have passed all FAA color blindness tests, but flying and paint tints are two different things. Personally, every man I've known is tint blind.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom