What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, how nice Kay....and what a huge job! Do you expect them to be done painting the house and trim today? I hope the colors are everything you hope they'll be. :)

Realistically, I expect it will take most of the week Cheryl. The body of the house will be a dark grey with a tint of blue, the trim and porch rails will be pale grey. The front door with the pretty oval lead beveled glass window will be a beautiful high gloss deep red.

Last edited:
Realistically, I expect it will take most of the week Cheryl. The body of the house will be a dark grey with a tint of blue, the trim and porch rails will be pale grey. The front door with the pretty oval lead beveled glass window will be a beautiful high gloss deep red.

That sounds gorgeous! I love the symbolic 'welcoming energy' of a red front door.

My house color is similar to the grey/bluish you chose, except the trim is darker than the house - and my front door is white. :LOL:

I made from-scratch pierogies today! First time ever. It took me a while to figure out how to work with a dough that wasn't a pie crust, but once I got the hang of it, not so bad! The ones in the upper-left of the tray were the first (and look it), while the ones on the right side of the tray were my improved versions towards the end. Unlike when I used packaged won ton wrappers to make pot stickers, I'll definitely make pierogies again. Just not until after the holidays. :LOL: Here are the "before" and "after" pictures. BTW, I made 26 pieces - we have about 10 left. :pig:

Looks great, CG! Nice job.

Thanks a lot, Andy! I think the same thing every time you post pictures of your bagels. :yum: One of these days I'm going to attack those. Meanwhile, I had fun with the stretchy dough. Who knows, maybe I'll make my own pappardelle?

Kayelle, those sound like lovely color combinations. One big green wreath or spray on the front door and you will look very Christmas-y!

Decorating for Christmas here today too, and getting into the swing of things by listening to my Vince Guaraldi Charlie Brown Christmas CD. I'm surprised I haven't worn that CD out over the years! This one is my fave - the Charlie Brown Christmas Dance. :LOL:
I'll be getting my tree tomorrow - moving a few things around today to make a space for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1LUXQWzCno

If watching the Peanuts dance doesn't bring a smile to your face, I'm not sure what will! I was just talking to a co-worker the other day about it :ROFLMAO:

Schroeder gets the most recognition for his musical talent, but I'd say that Pigpen can really tear up the bass, not to mention drums! :D

I know, BC, the Peanuts gang is timeless joy! It's fun seeing my grandchildren enjoy them just as I did when I was a kid. (and still do) :wub:

I forgot where the SC was today when I got home. Duh.

The dark grey color I planned for the body of the house color is tinted more blue than I could see on the little paint chip, but it looks beautiful! I'm glad I chose a semi gloss, as it looks so clean,crisp and fresh. I can hardly wait to see the semi gloss light grey trim for the shutters and porch rail.
You're right CG..that deep red high gloss door will be begging for a swag of greens for Christmas.

Last edited:
I am getting ready to head for bed to see if I can get a few hours sleep. TB is taking me in the morning to the hospital where my orthopedic surgeon works out of to see if we can get him to see me quicker than a referral from my GP.

My leg is just as bad as it was in the months before my surgery (some of you will remember than, it was 7 years ago, just a year or so after I started here).

I am really not looking forward to going through the ER, but we have to rule out two major possibilities, both of which I have had before - a blood clot or the plastic plate from the replacement has slipped. Hopefully it will be neither of these but we need to be safe.

The good news though is that I will be able to get a lot of reading done sitting in the ER waiting! :)

Creative.Maybe.

Getting things set up to make a few candle gift sets.
The designing part is always the hardest.Everyone has his/her own tastes.

Then I'll be stressing out on how they will all need to be presented.Boxed?Wicker baskets,Gift bagged? Who knows.
All I know now are options are available.
Glad I bought new scents and cello wrapping.

Now to go out to that cold frigid garage and tackle a wall of 50# boxes of wax to get what I need.:ohmy:

Looks like were in for a good soaking.Which means we might not have electricity.Better pull out a few cases of votive holders and make a dozen or so votive's while I'm pouring wax anyways.

I am getting ready to head for bed to see if I can get a few hours sleep. TB is taking me in the morning to the hospital where my orthopedic surgeon works out of to see if we can get him to see me quicker than a referral from my GP.

My leg is just as bad as it was in the months before my surgery (some of you will remember than, it was 7 years ago, just a year or so after I started here).

I am really not looking forward to going through the ER, but we have to rule out two major possibilities, both of which I have had before - a blood clot or the plastic plate from the replacement has slipped. Hopefully it will be neither of these but we need to be safe.

The good news though is that I will be able to get a lot of reading done sitting in the ER waiting! :)

Sorry you aren't feeling well.The ER is a weird place, isn't it?
Think happy thoughts.

So, how has my kitty niece Monkey been doing?
Her job I hope.LOL!!! Running around getting into things.Creating chaos, hanging around... A true Munky cat!.:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Get better soon.

LPBeier - wishing you all the best for a diagnosis ruling out the 2 options you mention.

I was wondering if there is a way to save our land line phone. My DH dropped it in a bucket of water for just a few seconds. Does anyone have any ideas?

I was wondering if there is a way to save our land line phone. My DH dropped it in a bucket of water for just a few seconds. Does anyone have any ideas?

I've read that waterlogged cell phones can be salvaged when placed in a ziplock of dry rice. Also, if you have some of those anti- dessicant packets that come in shoe boxes, suitcases, and leather goods, that might help too. Take off any easily removable covers from the phone if you use the packets.

Take off the battery cover, remove the batteries and stick it in a bag or bowl and cove it with raw rice.

Back
Top Bottom