"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #12371
Chef Extraordinaire

Just come back from a walk, the weather is amazing today, sunny, warm and blue as skies

Having some lunch now, a bit late for us, but better late than never

Old 07-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #12372
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Just about to start picking apart those lobsters. Hope I win the arm-wrestling contest.
Once I twist the tail and claws off, I use scissors to cut the shell. Saves a lot of aggravation.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:09 AM   #12373
Certified Cake Maniac

I'm doing my last nebulizer of the day for my asthma. This new one seems to be working much better. I was in the ER Tuesday and almost admitted until the doctor figured out that the more ventilin they were giving me the worse my symptoms were getting - rapid heart rate, high bp, vertigo, etc. He ordered the new one stat and I started to feel better as soon as the treatment was done.

I have to stay away from major triggers until things settle down. I am hoping for rain!

I also am really happy I finally got connected with DC again. I have been having problems with my new computer and our network, but I am back. I haven't got the voice software going yet but the touch pad and the keyboard are easy for me to use.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:24 AM   #12374
Chef Extraordinaire

PF I don't know if you felt the vibes, but I sent you 1001 blessings a short while ago. I was getting all my laundry together. My hip started to hurt, but as usual I ignored it. I figured I would sit down very shortly. I went to the bathroom to get the dirty towels, and by the time I got near the kitchen, I could feel myself going down. That beautiful red stool was right there for me to reach out to and it kept me from banging my head on the counter corner. I slid out the steps and pulled myself up and sat on that fantastic stool until the pain subsided. All is well, Angel of Mercy! And a few for you!

I have noticed this past month that the pain in my left hip used to travel only over to my spine. I would sit when it got to there. Now the pain starts in both hips and heads right for the spine. So I am going to have to make some adjustments as to when I recognize when it is time for me to sit instead of pushing through. Unfortunately there is nothing they can do. I have stents in both groins. This is a circulation problem. And it cannot be corrected. Many years ago I had an MRA done on my circulation. The vascular doctor showed the results to both me and the Poo. Even I was able to see how bad I was. My aorta was almost completely blocked. There was no blood flowing in either leg. And those were the good spots. Why I was still alive was a mystery.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:39 AM   #12375
Chef Extraordinaire

Have recently finished our pork belly for tea, gee it was delicious!

It turned out perfectly, the crackling was crispy, crunchy and golden brown and the pork was moist and tender...loved it!

Now going to go and watch some Kitchen Nightmares
Old 07-28-2013, 05:54 AM   #12376
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm watching the tube. It's drizzling here, so I'll mess with the hive tomorrow morning instead.
I'll have to see what size ladder I'll need.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #12377
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I'm doing my last nebulizer of the day for my asthma. This new one seems to be working much better. I was in the ER Tuesday and almost admitted until the doctor figured out that the more ventilin they were giving me the worse my symptoms were getting - rapid heart rate, high bp, vertigo, etc. He ordered the new one stat and I started to feel better as soon as the treatment was done.

I have to stay away from major triggers until things settle down. I am hoping for rain!

I also am really happy I finally got connected with DC again. I have been having problems with my new computer and our network, but I am back. I haven't got the voice software going yet but the touch pad and the keyboard are easy for me to use.
I'm glad they figured out about your nebulizer. I hate having to go to ER.

Is your new computer running Win 8? If so, I sympathize. I have been having problems with it and getting on our home network. (Okay, some of that was getting used to our new anti-virus and internet security software, Kaspersky.)
Old 07-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #12378
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Addie, you take care of yourself, please.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #12379
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
PF I don't know if you felt the vibes, but I sent you 1001 blessings a short while ago. I was getting all my laundry together. My hip started to hurt, but as usual I ignored it. I figured I would sit down very shortly. I went to the bathroom to get the dirty towels, and by the time I got near the kitchen, I could feel myself going down. That beautiful red stool was right there for me to reach out to and it kept me from banging my head on the counter corner. I slid out the steps and pulled myself up and sat on that fantastic stool until the pain subsided. All is well, Angel of Mercy! And a few for you!

I have noticed this past month that the pain in my left hip used to travel only over to my spine. I would sit when it got to there. Now the pain starts in both hips and heads right for the spine. So I am going to have to make some adjustments as to when I recognize when it is time for me to sit instead of pushing through. Unfortunately there is nothing they can do. I have stents in both groins. This is a circulation problem. And it cannot be corrected. Many years ago I had an MRA done on my circulation. The vascular doctor showed the results to both me and the Poo. Even I was able to see how bad I was. My aorta was almost completely blocked. There was no blood flowing in either leg. And those were the good spots. Why I was still alive was a mystery.
Must be why I woke up smiling instead of frowning. I'm glad that stool is working for you.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #12380
Certified Cake Maniac

Wow, Addie and PF, I go away for a short bit and you fall to pieces! You have my love, thoughts and prayers.

Taxy, I am running Windows 8. The one saving grace on this new machine is that it is a full notebook AND a tablet in one. So there are times when the touch pad works easier and if not, I just have to open the top and I have a notebook with good sized keyboard. As for the connections, it is really our house and not the computer. Because of the layout, the wireless doesn't work from front to back so we have two networks in the house. I didn't quite realize this (and they are both similarly named) and wasn't changing back and forth.

This is my computer ASUS TAICHI

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote