What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
Had a fruitful day. Shrek decided he didn't care for the 3-wheel bike he bought last year and thought he would use it as a trade-in on a 2-wheeler. The bike shop gave him $259 off a new bicycle!!!! We were floored. I thought we were pushing it asking for $200...the guy told us that wasn't enough. Not only that, Shrek had picked out a bike that was $550, while he was testing it the salesman asked if we minded if he showed us another bike that looked like it would be more comfortable for Shrek. Of course we didn't mind. He brought the other bike out, adjusted the seat and sent Shrek off, he looked much more comfortable, sitting up straight, not all hunched over. We decided to take that bike instead and were thanking him for the suggestion. The next best part...the alternate bike was $130 cheaper than the bike Shrek had picked in the first place. The guy had OFFERED us a bike that was cheaper than the first pick...who does this sort of thing anymore? He asked me how my bike was doing and I told him it was fantastic, but I still hadn't got the fenders put on. He told me to bring in the fenders and the bike and they would put them on for me...for free!!!

Every time I go into this shop I end up even more impressed than the last time I was in...Love these Guys!

Big Sky Bikes on South Avenue...the best place ever!

Fantastic!

Had a fruitful day. Shrek decided he didn't care for the 3-wheel bike he bought last year and thought he would use it as a trade-in on a 2-wheeler. The bike shop gave him $259 off a new bicycle!!!! We were floored. I thought we were pushing it asking for $200...the guy told us that wasn't enough. Not only that, Shrek had picked out a bike that was $550, while he was testing it the salesman asked if we minded if he showed us another bike that looked like it would be more comfortable for Shrek. Of course we didn't mind. He brought the other bike out, adjusted the seat and sent Shrek off, he looked much more comfortable, sitting up straight, not all hunched over. We decided to take that bike instead and were thanking him for the suggestion. The next best part...the alternate bike was $130 cheaper than the bike Shrek had picked in the first place. The guy had OFFERED us a bike that was cheaper than the first pick...who does this sort of thing anymore? He asked me how my bike was doing and I told him it was fantastic, but I still hadn't got the fenders put on. He told me to bring in the fenders and the bike and they would put them on for me...for free!!!

Every time I go into this shop I end up even more impressed than the last time I was in...Love these Guys!

Big Sky Bikes on South Avenue...the best place ever!

I find it surprising that more stores don't figure out this one. They have made you a happy, loyal customer. Next time that guy says that the more expensive thing is worth buying, you will believe him.

I used to buy men's clothing for my ex DH at a store called Sunshine Garment. I wish they hadn't closed (the owners retired). They had it down. They didn't bug you while you were looking, but the instant you looked around for help, someone was there. They told us not to spend the extra for a name brand raincoat, that the less known Canadian made one was just as good. They could also explain why one pair of woollen dress pants was worth twice as much as a different brand. It had to do with the length of the fibres and less pilling. Heck, this was a store where people bargained on the prices. I'm not any good at that. So, they gave us free stuff to make up for the fact that we hadn't bargained down the prices. :)

I told all my friends to shop there.

I like them so much, I don't care if I'm spending that $ or 2 more for a similar item at Wal-mart. Nothing goes on our bikes but what we buy in their shop. I need to get Shrek a rear view mirror and he's going to want a basket of some sort.

I like them so much, I don't care if I'm spending that $ or 2 more for a similar item at Wal-mart. Nothing goes on our bikes but what we buy in their shop. I need to get Shrek a rear view mirror and he's going to want a basket of some sort.

When I was a kid, I loved my bike. It was a Columbia. All my babysitting money went on the bike. I had a big light, a basket on the front and saddle baskets over the rear fender, mirrors on each side. And I washed that bike like you would a new car every week. :cool:

When I was a kid, I loved my bike. It was a Columbia. All my babysitting money went on the bike. I had a big light, a basket on the front and saddle baskets over the rear fender, mirrors on each side. And I washed that bike like you would a new car every week. :cool:

I bought my bike seat a shower cap...:LOL:

I'm playing with our new sphygmomanometer. We went to the doctor today for our annual physicals. My blood pressure is normal, yay! The doctor had a hard time believing it had been up to 185/105. DH's blood pressure is a little high, but not nearly as bad as the reading he took at the pharmacy. Doc said that the machines at the pharmacy often give wrong readings for people with large arms, like DH. She wants him to take his BP every week for eight weeks and then come back. She wants to see if it is trending.

We could go to the CLSC (Centre Local de Services Communautaires, in English that's: local community service centre) and get it measured free of charge, but what a nuisance. Probably would have to wait an hour every time. DH would have to take the bus or I would have to drive him. Okay, half hour walk if the weather is nice.

The sphygmomanometer was $61 at Costco. It's electronic and automatic, so it's easy to use. Doesn't need a stethoscope. It "fits both standard & large arms". Man, that cuff is long.

I'm playing with our new sphygmomanometer. We went to the doctor today for our annual physicals. My blood pressure is normal, yay! The doctor had a hard time believing it had been up to 185/105. DH's blood pressure is a little high, but not nearly as bad as the reading he took at the pharmacy. Doc said that the machines at the pharmacy often give wrong readings for people with large arms, like DH. She wants him to take his BP every week for eight weeks and then come back. She wants to see if it is trending.

We could go to the CLSC (Centre Local de Services Communautaires, in English that's: local community service centre) and get it measured free of charge, but what a nuisance. Probably would have to wait an hour every time. DH would have to take the bus or I would have to drive him. Okay, half hour walk if the weather is nice.

The sphygmomanometer was $61 at Costco. It's electronic and automatic, so it's easy to use. Doesn't need a stethoscope. It "fits both standard & large arms". Man, that cuff is long.

I have several different cuffs, automatic to manual. I was able to teach Shrek how to check his own with the manual...then he found a digital and has never looked back. I like the automatic because I can check my own without trying to hold on to the stethoscope, too.

We each have our own, it was getting confusing trying to remember to change the one back and forth between us for accurate readings. Mine hooks to the computer and will give me any sort of graph I like to see my trends. My doc likes it because he can read it, too.

Between PF's nice story about the Honest John salesman and looking at several pages of "Today's Funny,"* I'm ready to start the day with a smile. Belly laughs are good medicine.
*especially the cat on the roomba

I've been awake since 0230, when Shrek kicked me in his sleep, I finally gave up at 0430 and crawled out of bed.

At least I THINK he was asleep...

Me, too! Good Luck!

Add me to the list as well! Do we get pictures?!

Thanks ladies. It hasn't done its trick for two days. It behaved on the way home.

I have to figure out a name for it. Stirling says it's a girl car. Most Volvos are boy cars because they have this on the grill:

volvo.png

This picture was taken at the place I bought it.

Attachments

• s60 5.jpg
    s60 5.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 128
Just call it "my car"

Cars have to have names. You have a different relationship with a car that has a name. You notice things going wrong sooner and get them fixed. All of my cars have had names. I'm sure cars with names last longer (if they aren't in a collision).

Thanks ladies. It hasn't done its trick for two days. It behaved on the way home.

I have to figure out a name for it. Stirling says it's a girl car. Most Volvos are boy cars because they have this on the grill:

volvo.png

This picture was taken at the place I bought it.

Sylvia \s(y)-lvia, syl-via\ as a girl's name is pronounced SIL-vee-ah. It is of Latin origin, and the meaning of Sylvia is "woods, forest". The Latin form Silvia was more popular for centuries until recently. Rhea Silvia was an ancient nature goddess, mother to the twin founders of Rome, Romulus and Remus. Shakespeare used the name Silvia for the love interest in his play "Two Gentlemen of Verona", probably intending to give the impression of a typical Italian girl though the name has come to be regarded as an English name.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom