What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am trying to go to sleep; however, if I go to bed I start to cough uncontrollably and if I try to sleep in my recliner chair my back and leg are not comfortable. So, I am playing around on the computer trying to get myself really tired so it doesn't matter where I sleep!

Feel better soon, LP!

I had to use some creativity and puzzle-solving skills as DH picked up the massive frozen turkey that his work gives him every year, and that the grocery store so nicely held for us until we got back from our trip. Several bags of frozen veggies along with containers of frozen turkey stock were relocated from the already packed deep freeze in order to accommodate the massive bird, and I foresee vegetable soup with turkey stock in our near future.

Last edited:
Feel better soon, LP!

I had to use some creativity and puzzle-solving skills as DH picked up the massive frozen turkey that his work gives him every year, and that the grocery store so nicely held for us until we got back from our trip. Several bags of frozen veggies along with containers of frozen turkey stock were relocated from the already packed deep freeze in order to accommodate the massive bird, and I foresee vegetable soup with turkey stock in our near future.

I know what you mean Dawg, I play Freezer Tetris all the time. :LOL:

How nice that DH's work gives him a nice turkey every year, and the store held it for you while you were on vacation! :yum:

Last edited:
I know what you mean, Dawg, I play Freezer Tetris all the time. :LOL:

How nice that DH's work gives him a nice turkey every year, and the store held it for you while you were on vacation! :yum:

Freezer Tetris :LOL: Thanks Cheryl! We really need to get a bigger freezer, but then again, I'd just fill it up, and still wouldn't be able to find anything!

CG and Himself, glad you made it home safe and sound!

Last edited:
Love your "Freezer Tetris" comment, taxy! :LOL:

I've spent part of the day wondering how I could have ended up with all my laundry baskets overflowing with dirty clothes. I did laundry while we were at our daughter's. I can only assume that the pair of jeans, shirt, and underwear that Himself left in his hamper divided and multiplied while we were gone. Kind of like amoeba.

Meanwhile, I'm once again being serenaded by owls outside. :heart: Instead of hiding in our backyard woods, it sounds like they moved to the acreage downhill from us. Loud again! I think they might be using bullhorns. ;) I don't care, I really like listening to them "hoo-hoo-hoo".

We hoot to our owls here, CG, and they answer back! They think we have a strange accent though.

I hear ya about the laundry. I got most of it done today. DH and I discuss how we plan to cut back on clothes after every trip, but it hasn't helped yet.

Oops, you're right, taxy. Danged all-day headache is making me more fuzzy-brained than usual. *sigh* ~~~ Hey Cheryl, I love your Freezer Tetris line!

I swear, Dawg, one of these nights I'll be hooting to the owls and one of them will fly up and land on the sun room window right in front of my face! :ohmy: :LOL: ~ At least with your laundry, you were in a tropical area. Shorts, T-shirts, and swimwear don't take up that much space. During the summer I can easily wash 18 T-shirts at once. During the winter I'm lucky to stuff just half as many sweatshirts. Oh, well, three loads down, three to go. And then I'll probably have to start all over again! :wacko: There IS a nudist camp not too far from us, but for the sake of the other members we will not be joining. :ROFLMAO:

:LOL: I ended up doing 6, count 'em, 6 loads of laundry! This will be fixed for the next trip. My house is now decorated with clean laundry, as neither of us has the energy to put it away. DH still has the sleeping sickness, and other than shambling to the store, was basically worthless and slept most of the day again. Still not much better myself yet, but at least I can remain upright long enough to do laundry.

Hope you get rid of that headache, CG!

Last edited:
Thanks, Dawg. I'm pretty sure it's one of those that doesn't go away until you sleep and wake up again.

Six loads beats me by double. I got three done, and no shopping. I'll shop tomorrow, and probably a load or two of clothes, but none of it is pressing enough to not take a break now and then. I'm good at taking breaks.

Oh how I would love to hear owls here! They have always fascinated me. I had a wonderful experience with an Eagle owl named Merlin on the Isle of Wight in the UK in 2011.
I'll never forget it. He had a wing span of 6 feet before he flew to me, and weighed only 6 lbs.

img_1450213_0_b8c4853f6680fa80c27fb6412fad04e0.jpg

Last edited:
I thought you owl enthusiasts would like to see this. Gorgeous snowy owl photobombs Montreal traffic camera:
Snowy owl spotted soaring by Montreal traffic camera - Montreal - CBC News

For years we had a beautiful snowy owl that used to return every winter and set up a nest in the same place right next to a runway at Logan Airport. The Audubon Society checked on her every year. Then one year she was very sick and died. Too bad she never brought another one with her and showed them a safe place to winter each year. I miss seeing the reports on her each year. :angel:

Well, I finally had to admit that I am definitely a senior citizen. I had an ironing board from the early 1940's. It had a wood top with iron legs. I had found it about 40 years ago in a thrift shop in Tacoma and paid the grand sum of $.69. That board traveled everywhere with me. I loved it. It came with about 15 or so covers on it along with the pads. One by one over the years each one wore out. Then I got down to the last one. I had some surplus material and mended it over and over. I finally gave up the ghost. It became just too heavy for me to lift to take it out of the closet.

I also had to put my EuroPro iron into storage. When filled with water, the tank and iron together just became too heavy also. So I bought a Proctor Silex cheap one. Yesterday I took every pair of slacks and pants out of the closet and washed and ironed them. I still love a nice crease in the legs. Pirate wants my old iron. That thing gives off steam that can give you a very serious burn if you are not careful. Now I have to find a light weight ironing board that I can handle.

I know. Who irons today. I only buy clothes that are 100% cotton due to a skin condition. So my blouses and pants get ironed. :angel:

That's so cute of you and Merlin, Kay! I've been enjoying the snowy owl video too, it's been on the news.

Back
Top Bottom