What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:LOL: Thanks, Dawg! It'll be fun. Another plus, it's Police and Firefighter Recognition month so between all of us, we'll save literally hundreds of dollars on admission. It's normally $72 for adult admission, but my sons-in-law and one guest each will get in free, and it's discounted for additional guests (me :)) and the kids. More money to spend on goodies that way. :cool::)

Daughters and I (actually daughters) threw together a last minute trip tomorrow to go to Knott's Berry Farm. I just threw a few things in a bag, and set the alarm for 5:30AM to be on the road by 7. The grandsons are going to love Camp Snoopy! :LOL:

https://www.knotts.com/ knott-s-summer/camp-snoopy

They also have a fabulous marketplace with all kinds of jams, jellies, salsas, etc. for us big kids. It'll be a long day, but fun. :)
I remember Knot's Berry Farm from when I was a kid. We probably went every summer. Am I remembering right? Did they have a place that let you pan for gold?

I am trying to get up the energy to go out to the kitchen and start peeling potatoes. Plus there are some never ending glasses and cups in the sink that need attention. I would rather spend the day doing nothing. Maybe I should tell myself it is the Seventh Day and I need to rest. Sounds like a plan to me. :angel:

I remember Knot's Berry Farm from when I was a kid. We probably went every summer. Am I remembering right? Did they have a place that let you pan for gold?

Taxy, I think they still have the panning for gold there, but we didn't look it up. You wouldn't believe how much it has changed - it was nothing like I remember. We spent the majority of time at Camp Snoopy since we had 4 little guys 6 and under. They had a BLAST and it was so much fun seeing those bright happy little faces. :wub:

What great fun you will have Cheryl!! Please tell me you all plan on having theirbest in the whole world fried chicken dinner!!

Kay, my vote was for the fried chicken, but I was outnumbered and that's OK. :) The grandsons wanted burgers, so we ended up going to Johnny Rockets - which was a good place to go because it was a loud and crazy restaurant anyway, even if my grandsons hadn't have been there. :LOL: The burgers were just OK for how spendy it was. Just under $20 for a burger, fries, and a soft drink. :ohmy: Typical of theme park meals. The burgers were big and meaty though, so the grands shared a couple of meals which worked out well.

It was a great day. We got to Knott's when they opened at 10, rode a billion rides :LOL:, looked around the shops, and pulled into my driveway at 10:30 last night. I'm still recuperating. LOL

Last edited:
Back online.

My Hard drive took a dive a few days ago. It's a good thing I had suspected it was going and ordered another one. What a shame I forgot to back up things on a Thumb drive. Ah well, it happens. Live and learn.

Getting Windows reinstalled and everything back in shape has been some work. Some things are still not right. Weird even. Why can't I get my tool bar txt size larger to see? It's driving me nuts that I can barely see to read them.

I used my laptop to stop in and visit here, but it's not set up for emails and such.

Thankfully DC made it easy for me to reset my password.
I'm terrible with things like that.

It's good to be back.:)

Trying to kick my own backside. The bite I got from Teddy is very slow in healing. That is a problem and very normal with diabetics. So I had to go out and put on a pair of knee socks. When I went to take them off, the scab came with it. I should have taken them off as soon as I returned home. Next time I will put a bandage on it. I hate wearing socks.

I should be doing some house cleaning. I have the kitchen cleaned from top to bottom. Even the cabinet doors have been washed down. Next is the bathroom if I can get up some gumption to move. I would rather be taking a nice nap. :angel:

I was going to bake a couple of apple pies - a full-sized one for the new neighbors across the street, and two small ones. We'd eat one of the small ones, and I'd take the other to Himself's sis and BIL up the street. But I've had an attack of the sneezes all day. Guess I'll make one small pie - after all, we're already surrounded by any germs that are in OUR house! :LOL:

...I would rather be taking a nice nap. :angel:
So read your second "signature", then take a nap. ;) It's not like the governor is coming for supper tonight, is he?

Just finished making 8 nice-sized suet cakes for our outdoor birdies. Only had one left after I filled the two suet cages on Sunday. However, since it's 60+ degrees today, the birds won't need a refill right away. Up until today it's been very, very cold. We're getting a little break, but tomorrow we're supposed to be back in the deep freeze. I'm ready to take care of my lovely feathered friends.

Resting while the Instant Pot finishes cooking dinner. I really like this gadget. I prep everything and put the pot on my kitchen peninsula. Then I sit on my kitchen stool and brown, sauté and reduce while watching TV. With the neuropathy in my feet, it's much easier than standing at the stove!

Attachments

• 1453334486525.jpg
    1453334486525.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 211
Resting while the Instant Pot finishes cooking dinner. I really like this gadget. I prep everything and put the pot on my kitchen peninsula. Then I sit on my kitchen stool and brown, sauté and reduce while watching TV. With the neuropathy in my feet, it's much easier than standing at the stove!

You need to cut this out, GG. I do NOT need another kitchen gadget. Looks really cool though!

What a nice area to cook, prep, rest, and watch TV all at the same time! You even have your books handy, too. :)

That's terrific GG, a perfect place for it! I'm glad it's making it easier for you to do what you love doing!
If I had a place like that to put it, my son wouldn't have it now. He has a great place for it like you do.

Thanks, ladies! :) I love my kitchen :heart:

I've been working on clearing out old papers and binders in the bookshelf in my home office, so I can move some other binders (containing equipment and appliance manuals) out of the cabinet in the laundry area off the kitchen, so I can make room to store the Instant Pot and meat grinder/sausage stuffer there. I've been holding on to too much crap for too long. Feels good.

I was going to bake a couple of apple pies - a full-sized one for the new neighbors across the street, and two small ones. We'd eat one of the small ones, and I'd take the other to Himself's sis and BIL up the street. But I've had an attack of the sneezes all day. Guess I'll make one small pie - after all, we're already surrounded by any germs that are in OUR house! :LOL:

So read your second "signature", then take a nap. ;) It's not like the governor is coming for supper tonight, is he?

I would let that idiot into my bathroom.

I went shopping today with my daughter. I stocked up on household cleaning goods today. Bought two of everything. Two large pkgs. of toilet paper, paper towels, soap powder, oven cleaner, etc.

Then we went to lunch. At KFC. Not my favorite place to eat. But then I wasn't paying, so no complaints. I ate what I could and finished my soda. I got to thinking it has been more than a year since I had a soda to drink.

Tonight I am still putting the stuff away. Took one of the large bottles of bleach and filled up the small bottle I keep in the bathroom. Have been doing spot cleaning all evening. Wiping of windowsills, cleaning all the counter tops with bleach, etc. I took two Vicodin earlier and this happens every time. I really want to put a new roof on the building and then go out and put new tar down for the parking lot. Oh, it also is a great help for the pain. :angel:

Would you believe it was DH's idea to renovate it several years ago? We've been in this old house since 1992. It was not always this nice :)

There's a matching stool on the other side for visitors ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom