What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awww...sounds nice, Holy. :)

It's 9:30AM here, just finished my second cup of coffee, and thinking I'll get my pillow and a blanket and head for the recliner to watch "The Martian" on PPV. I see a lazy day ahead. :)

Thinking about heading out to do a little grocery shopping. Don't need much, so it's hard to get motivated. I'd better go soon, though, before all the Panic People show up and clean out all the milk. "Snowflake! Yikes! Panic!" :ermm: Yeah, they get like that up here. :LOL:

We are having what the weather service likes to call a "weather event." Been snowing since just before sunrise (well it didn't rise, but you get the idea) and isn't showing any slow down yet. Windy, too, so we have light drifting. My best estimation is that we've gotten at least 8 inches.

I just came inside from filling the front bird feeder and replenishing the suet cage. Glad I made a recipe of suet yesterday. It won't be long before I have to make more.

Here are a couple of pictures. The first one is our view from our front living room windows. Obviously I took this one before I filled everything up. If you look closely, you can count 7 cardinals, mostly males but there are a few hens, too.

The second photo is of our driveway. I guess it's there somewhere.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 118
  • 016 - Copy.jpg
    016 - Copy.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 106
We're getting that winter storm, too, Katie - at least, as much as we're going to ;) We probably got an inch or so, but it didn't stick to the street or sidewalks. Then it's supposed to rain tomorrow and snow again tomorrow night. I took these pix about two and three hours ago.

Hey, that's a significant amount for us! :LOL:

Attachments

• 1453503007589.jpg
    1453503007589.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 1453503023289.jpg
    1453503023289.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 113
We are having what the weather service likes to call a "weather event." Been snowing since just before sunrise (well it didn't rise, but you get the idea) and isn't showing any slow down yet. Windy, too, so we have light drifting. My best estimation is that we've gotten at least 8 inches.

I just came inside from filling the front bird feeder and replenishing the suet cage. Glad I made a recipe of suet yesterday. It won't be long before I have to make more.

Here are a couple of pictures. The first one is our view from our front living room windows. Obviously I took this one before I filled everything up. If you look closely, you can count 7 cardinals, mostly males but there are a few hens, too.

The second photo is of our driveway. I guess it's there somewhere.

When I see a cardinal I think of this. :angel:

"A cardinal is a representative of a loved one who has passed. When you see one, it means they are visiting you. They usually show up when you most need them or miss them. They also make an appearance during times of celebration as well as despair to let you know they will always be with you. Look for them, they'll appear."

Pretty snow pics, Katie and GG.
AB, what a beautiful sentiment about the cardinals!

I just got back from a quick trip to the mini mart for milk and eggs. On a whim, I bought a $5 lottery scratcher and won $100. :w00t: :LOL:

Pretty snow pics, Katie and GG.
AB, what a beautiful sentiment about the cardinals!

I just got back from a quick trip to the mini mart for milk and eggs. On a whim, I bought a $5 lottery scratcher and won $100. :w00t: :LOL:

Congrats, Cheryl! The only thing I've ever won in my life was a 2 liter bottle of Mountain Dew, and that was 25 years ago!

I was wondering if anyone out there knows what store sells the brand of flatbread called "Specially Selected Stone Baked Garlic Cheese Flatbread"? I saved the name at the end of the carton but forgot what store I bought it at in the freezer section. I have gone to the stores in my area but can't find it anywhere. Oh, it was so good.

Thanks, ladies! :LOL: I'm not much of a gambler, but have gotten lucky a couple of times.

Munky, text your sons and hubby back and tell them to buy you a Classic Poker scratcher - it was lucky for me so maybe it will be for you, too! LOL :cool::LOL:

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone out there knows what store sells the brand of flatbread called "Specially Selected Stone Baked Garlic Cheese Flatbread"? I saved the name at the end of the carton but forgot what store I bought it at in the freezer section. I have gone to the stores in my area but can't find it anywhere. Oh, it was so good.

I did a Google search - two of the results that came up were for Aldi's. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I did a Google search - two of the results that came up were for Aldi's. Hope this helps.

I went there today and didn't see any but they may have been out of it. I am going back tomorrow and ask someone. I am going to take that carton end with me, they may remember it. I really appreciate your help.

I had been watching the birds fly backwards. Poor things, their usual approach to the bird feeders has been to fly north. But we have some rather brisk winds from that direction right now. Most of them have decided to ground feed and hope the brave and sturdy birds that make it to the feeders knock down enough seed.

Meanwhile, I heard all kinds of shouting coming from the front of the house. When I looked outside I saw the new neighbor with their three children. He was shoveling some snow off of the driveway and adding it to the part of the yard that has a small hill. He's been building up the snow pack, then pushing the kids one by one down the hill on their little sleds and snow disks. So cute!

You're welcome. Good luck :)

Well, I went there and talked to one of the managers and she said that they did have it there over Christmas and that she didn't know when or if they will get it in again. That they never know what they will be shipped on Wednesdays for their specials. She said that if it would sell well they may carry it on a permanent basis. I will have to check the specials case each week and hope for the best.:yum:

Spike just left with Teddy. I have been watching the U.S. Ice Skating on TV. Tonight will be the finals for the gold. Three more hours of ice skating!! :angel:

I had been watching the birds fly backwards. Poor things, their usual approach to the bird feeders has been to fly north. But we have some rather brisk winds from that direction right now. Most of them have decided to ground feed and hope the brave and sturdy birds that make it to the feeders knock down enough seed.

Meanwhile, I heard all kinds of shouting coming from the front of the house. When I looked outside I saw the new neighbor with their three children. He was shoveling some snow off of the driveway and adding it to the part of the yard that has a small hill. He's been building up the snow pack, then pushing the kids one by one down the hill on their little sleds and snow disks. So cute!

Yep CG, I've seen the birds flying backwards here, too - or suspended in mid air. :huh: We get some gnarly winds here. Which reminds me, I need to restock the bird seed - they go through soo much.

How fun to watch the new neighbor giving his kids a fun snow day! :)

Back
Top Bottom