"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #12531
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
We bought the new propane grill. The box was too big to fit in the car. It will be delivered and assembled on Wednesday.

This is it:

Master Chef® E500 Propane BBQ | Canadian Tire

If it asks for a postal code, type in: H9G 1W7

We got a propane tank and cover. We are considering getting the motorized rotisserie kit for ~$50. I wonder if it is worth it. When I was a dad we had rotisserie chicken on the charcoal grill almost every Sunday during the summer. My dad built the rotisserie. I think he even made the motor. He was a mechanical engineer and had been a machinist.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #12532
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Making vanilla ice cream, a gallon of it, LOL.

I love homemade vanilla ice cream. I'm using my old fashioned ice cream maker with salt and ice, it isn't too old fashioned though, it has a motor! It's a bit loud and annoying though.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #12533
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
We bought the new propane grill. The box was too big to fit in the car. It will be delivered and assembled on Wednesday.

This is it:

Master Chef® E500 Propane BBQ | Canadian Tire

If it asks for a postal code, type in: H9G 1W7

We got a propane tank and cover. We are considering getting the motorized rotisserie kit for ~$50. I wonder if it is worth it. When I was a dad we had rotisserie chicken on the charcoal grill almost every Sunday during the summer. My dad built the rotisserie. I think he even made the motor. He was a mechanical engineer and had been a machinist.
Nice one
What is the left hand side? Like a warming oven? I'm assuming the right is a regular burner...

IMO, if all you are going to use the rotisserie for is chicken, you don't need it. You can accomplish the same thing with the chicken standing up (as in beer can chicken).
You eat lamb though, don't you? It might be nice for doing a leg of lamb on.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #12534
Chef Extraordinaire

Wow, a whole gallon. Nice!
Old 08-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #12535
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Shrek sounds like my husband. A glimps is good enough for him. Then it's "Can we go home now?" Not a chance. I hit every isle.

Sounds like you found some great buys. Don't ya just love those poofs..
Too bad they don't make me magically disappear. Defect-- return the manufacturer pronto!
First thing I saw when I walked in...the old Goodwill never had new things like this one does. I like the poofs to exfoliate, I get ingrown hair on my legs because of the compression socks I wear for work. At 50 cents each, I got a few of them.

Shrek was the one who wanted to go...he was fine while he was looking for what he wanted at Staples, too...but worn out and hurting as soon as I started looking around. We hit Hastings and I gave him a cart to push around and took off to wander the store, they've moved everything around. Bought one or 8 books...
Old 08-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #12536
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

my ice cream maker makes a gallon, and if I'm going to the trouble of making ice cream, I might as well make a bunch!

we have people coming over tomorrow, they'll get to eat wedding cake prototype and ice cream!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #12537
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Nice one
What is the left hand side? Like a warming oven? I'm assuming the right is a regular burner...

IMO, if all you are going to use the rotisserie for is chicken, you don't need it. You can accomplish the same thing with the chicken standing up (as in beer can chicken).
You eat lamb though, don't you? It might be nice for doing a leg of lamb on.
The one on the left is an infrared burner. There is no burner on the right. I think the knob on the right is for the rotisserie burner. That's one of the reasons I was thinking of getting the rotisserie. I won't likely be doing a leg of lamb and I was thinking that the beer can chicken (they actually sell a thing for that) would probably be adequate.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:42 AM   #12538
Master Chef

Congrats on your grill taxy. May you have a long and tasty affair with your new love. Have fun!
Old 08-04-2013, 02:45 AM   #12539
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
..Shrek was upset, because there was nowhere for him to stand out-of-the-way while I shopped. Once he is done shopping, he starts moaning and groaning...
Harrumph, he moans and groans when he's had enough. Himself moans and groans when I tell him we have to go somewhere to shop. At least you get Shrek out of the house!
Old 08-04-2013, 05:24 AM   #12540
Chef Extraordinaire

Last night we had mum over for dinner, it was a wonderful night with great food, great wine and great company

Today, a relaxing day in, watched a couple of movies, went out for a fish and chips lunch and for dinner we had a Red Chicken Curry with basmati rice and some crusty italian bread

Relaxing now, soon to be heading in to watch some Kitchen Nightmares