What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lucky you Addie.

I only have to renew my license. It's been 4 years. Getting it done before it expires.I've already renewed it the last time online.Now they want to see me. Isn't that nice?
My driving record is above and beyond good. It's excellent. No accidents or tickets.The long wait is due to the new laws in this state. We now have to accommodate everybody. Really give me another reason to move out.

I think the lawmakers of this great state should also make it mandatory to have Scooter riders have licenses. They technically are driving a motor vehicle aren't they?:angel:

Munky, Make sure you take a copy of your marriage license...they must have proof of any name changes. I had to take in two marriage licenses, the first and the second to match me to my birth certificate. I just went through this last year for my Wyoming license.

Kay, so glad to hear little Cheyenne is doing well...even though she looks worse than she probably feels. Kids are so resilient, thank goodness! :wub:

Munky, I had to go in to the DMV office to renew my license last time (November 2014) rather than renew online, too. They said they I needed to do the eye test. I was in and out of there in 20 minutes though, there were only 2 people in front of me. Small town. :ermm::LOL:

Sitting here listening to a silly weather reporter telling us that we have a snow storm coming this weekend. Four to eight inches. Yeah, sure. Like I believe him. But on the most remote chance that he is right, I am not worried. My freezer is packed and my cabinet has no more room for groceries. But if the storm turns into a Nor'easter, I am screwed. I will be eating raw half thawed meat and raw veggies. Our stoves are electric.

We have had a good winter so far this year. So no complaints from me. Let it snow!!! :angel:

Sitting here listening to a silly weather reporter telling us that we have a snow storm coming this weekend. Four to eight inches. Yeah, sure. Like I believe him. But on the most remote chance that he is right, I am not worried. My freezer is packed and my cabinet has no more room for groceries. But if the storm turns into a Nor'easter, I am screwed. I will be eating raw half thawed meat and raw veggies. Our stoves are electric.

We have had a good winter so far this year. So no complaints from me. Let it snow!!! :angel:

If I were you, I'd thaw some stuff tonight and cook tomorrow so you'll have something to eat. You're getting a nor'easter Sunday.

You should try an experiment. Write down the weather forecast three days out and then write down what the weather actually is on those days. Do this for a month. They're more accurate than you think.

I am exhausted after doing absolutely nothing all day. We have a lovely ocean view room, and a very loud musician at the restaurant right next door. Great guitar skills, vocals not so much. Thank goodness he quits at 11. I hope.

Ha! He's packing up and leaving!

Last edited:
Getting the house in order. Have a lot to do today.

Tomorrow hubby goes in for all those tests.It's been a fight to find him a Cardiologist. Needless to say we've both been stressed out. At least he will be going to the best hospital around here.

Not sure if they will keep him overnight.But just in case I'm packing my bag to stay with him.
Wish them luck trying to get me to go home:ermm:

Getting the house in order. Have a lot to do today.

Tomorrow hubby goes in for all those tests.It's been a fight to find him a Cardiologist. Needless to say we've both been stressed out. At least he will be going to the best hospital around here.

Not sure if they will keep him overnight.But just in case I'm packing my bag to stay with him.
Wish them luck trying to get me to go home:ermm:

If it's a good hospital, you shouldn't have any problems staying with Hubby, you can even ask them for a cot to sleep on. Hospitals are very different these days, they encourage family to stay.

Good thoughts and vibes being sent your way.

Sending positive vibes Munky.

I'm trying to deal with the logistics of that reindeer meat. It would be a little complicated, but I have a horrible headache and it doesn't make it easier.

Munky, sending up prayers and best wishes to you and the Mr. for a speedy and comfortable hospital stay. Let us know how he's doing when you can. :wub:

Ditto, Munky - best wishes and all good thoughts to you and Mr. Munky.

When I had my surgery last year, I was in the brand-new wing of the hospital. The rooms have couches that fold out into beds so family can stay. DH didn't use it, but he made good use of the recliner ;) Take care.

Munky, I am sending prayers and thoughts to you and your hubby! Keep us posted.

I am starting the process (all over again) of getting the townhouse ready for sale. We are doing it for real this time, no turning back. We have found a way to not move out so far by not being picky about getting an actual house. We are looking at strata properties (as opposed to the leasehold we have) and there are some good ones in areas we are interested in.

So, I am packing up stuff that we won't need, cleaning all the nooks and crannies and hanging curtains that were taken down when our cat Monkey was a kitten and loved to climb them.

As I am also still in a major pain flare, I am taking it slow and steady!

In MA we can renew online (every 5 years) but not twice in a row. They want you to come in after ten years and have your eyes checked. Then you can renew online once again. Then, after you reach a certain age, no more online renewals.

In MA we can renew online (every 5 years) but not twice in a row. They want you to come in after ten years and have your eyes checked. Then you can renew online once again. Then, after you reach a certain age, no more online renewals.

Thanks Andy. I knew that there had been some more recent changes. My daughter worked for the Registry for more than 30 years. So I would get an earful every time they made a change.

I am glad that they make the elderly come in for retesting each time. There seems to be an epidemic of folks running into homes lately. We have a few here that need to be tested on a daily basis.

I have a State ID and there is no expiration date on it. A month after I got it, they started to put the dates on. The only problem is that now every time I show it, I am always asked why there is no date on it. The folks in the voting station downstairs always ask me why.

I also have a handicap plaque. The first one I got it had a two year life. But my daughter was working at the Registry and I got the new one automatically. Now I have one that is good for ten years. And they send me the new one automatically. The one for The Ride is a joke. I can only use it during snow or rain. :angel:

Taking the day off.
Plan on sitting here with you guys all day. How about that, Jack!?:LOL:
We need a break.

Hubby is still in the same boat we started in at. This Cardiologist only did an EKG on him. Barely looked at it. Never did tell him anything about it. Or tell us anything that we didn't already know. I flat out didn't like that Cardiologist.I really bit my cheek to keep myself from saying anything.
We just came home after that.

The tests that he was supposed to have done, he has to wait some more to get.
Still keeping a close eye on him. Waking up in the middle of the night just to make sure he's still with me. This whole thing is becoming ridiculous.

Ouch lynnkath...hope you're feeling better by now!

Munky...we were posting at the same time so I just edited my post....aaargh, how frustrating! Sending good thoughts to both of you, and glad you're taking a day off.

-------------
I've been planting and re-potting plants all morning...just pretty much digging in dirt this beautiful spring day. The patio is a disaster - potting soil and dirt everywhere. I'm taking a coffee and lunch break now, but determined to get another couple of hours of work done while everything is still out.

I also managed to get Tyler's favorite ball that he batted about 25 feet up in a tree and it got stuck. :LOL: I kept throwing a larger ball at it and finally knocked it down. :LOL:

Last edited:
Taking the day off.
Plan on sitting here with you guys all day. How about that, Jack!?:LOL:
We need a break.

Hubby is still in the same boat we started in at. This Cardiologist only did an EKG on him. Barely looked at it. Never did tell him anything about it. Or tell us anything that we didn't already know. I flat out didn't like that Cardiologist.I really bit my cheek to keep myself from saying anything.
We just came home after that.

The tests that he was supposed to have done, he has to wait some more to get.
Still keeping a close eye on him. Waking up in the middle of the night just to make sure he's still with me. This whole thing is becoming ridiculous.

Next time CM speak up. There are such rules as "Patients Rights." You and your hubby have the right to know what tests show. So what if you take up the doctor's time. That too is your right.

I recently had my six month physical. I asked for comparisons on all my tests between this six months and last. And my doctor took the time to answer every one of my questions. I learned something new about my thyroid this time. A problem I have had my whole life and got an answer to because I spoke up.

The next time you are ever in a hospital, you should see signs all over the place regarding 'Patients Rights.' Read them.

If you were to be able to get a look at a doctor's appointment book, you would see that so many minutes are allotted to each patient. If the doctor can shave off a few minutes with each patients, then he can leave early that day. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom