What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Munky, I am so sorry to hear that you are getting the runaround from the Cardiologist. I am so used to getting that with my doctors but the heart is serious and I don't like his attitude. But I do agree with Addie that you need to speak up. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. I will keep checking in to see how things are going.

On my end, I fell trying to get out of bed again. My legs just slid on the floor beneath me and I couldn't pull myself up. So TB came to the rescue once again. I am looking into the lifeline program sponsored by our health care system. Dad had one both on his own and when he lived here. It is the button you keep on you in the house and push when you need help. With our neighbours next door gone and Kay isn't here very much lately (she doesn't drive and is 45 minutes away by bus), I may have a challenge trying to mind someone to be my first contact. They are the ones notified when the button is pushed and I give no response. They have to have a key to come in and check on me.

My pride doesn't want to go this route, but I think it is clear that my body does.

I didn't speak up at the time because my husband had asked me not to. I was just respecting his wishes. Plain and simple as that.

Next time CM speak up. There are such rules as "Patients Rights." You and your hubby have the right to know what tests show. So what if you take up the doctor's time. That too is your right.

I recently had my six month physical. I asked for comparisons on all my tests between this six months and last. And my doctor took the time to answer every one of my questions. I learned something new about my thyroid this time. A problem I have had my whole life and got an answer to because I spoke up.

The next time you are ever in a hospital, you should see signs all over the place regarding 'Patients Rights.' Read them.

If you were to be able to get a look at a doctor's appointment book, you would see that so many minutes are allotted to each patient. If the doctor can shave off a few minutes with each patients, then he can leave early that day. :angel:
Of course they allow an allotted amount of time per patient - just like any professional who takes appointments. I highly doubt that the majority of doctors 'shave' minutes off of each patient's appointment just to go home early. :rolleyes: I think it's unfair to make such a blanket statement about health care professionals.

I'm pretty sure Munky and the rest of us are aware of the "Patient's Rights and Responsibilities" that are posted in nearly every room of doctors offices and hospitals.

Last edited:
Sitting out on my gorgeous meager balcony, in my second favorite room, watching the sun set, over the ocean, listening to the street noises, and DH went off to watch a sports event somewhere. Life cannot get any better.

Last edited:
Sounds fabulous, Dawg! Looking forward to more pics. :)

LP...I'm sorry to hear about your fall. :( Sometimes the things that seem the easiest to do.....aren't that easy. Take care and check back in when you can.

Of course they allow an allotted amount of time per patient - just like any professional who takes appointments. I highly doubt that the majority of doctors 'shave' minutes off of each patient's appointment just to go home early. :rolleyes: I think it's unfair to make such a blanket statement about health care professionals.

I'm pretty sure Munky and the rest of us are aware of the "Patient's Rights and Responsibilities" that are posted in nearly every room of doctors offices and hospitals.

+1. Even if doctors do finish appointments early, that doesn't mean they go home early. My doctors have called me after 5 pm, and as late as 7 pm, to talk about test results, etc.

I didn't speak up at the time because my husband had asked me not to. I was just respecting his wishes. Plain and simple as that.

I understand wanting to respect his wishes, but imo, it's time to argue with him ;) You're paying for the doctor's time and opinion and you are entitled to both.

I'm thinking hubby might be nervous about hearing details from the doctor. Maybe you could call the doctor and make a phone appointment to get more information and then talk to your husband.

Thinking of you both. Take care.

This morning I've been attacking those little "rats nests" or "Command Centers" that develop around my apartment.

I just finished the area around the computer and am amazed at the mini makeover. One down, three to go! Next is the area around my chair. Then the area in the kitchen where I keep the odds and ends. I'm saving the worst for last, the drawer where I keep the papers that seem important when I put them in and worthless when I take them out! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I need to work on eliminating the need to keep things just in case. Why keep the paid bills just in case they lose my check, I'm sure they will send me another! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

This morning I've been attacking those little "rats nests" or "Command Centers" that develop around my apartment.

I just finished the area around the computer and am amazed at the mini makeover. One down, three to go! Next is the area around my chair. Then the area in the kitchen where I keep the odds and ends. I'm saving the worst for last, the drawer where I keep the papers that seem important when I put them in and worthless when I take them out! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I need to work on eliminating the need to keep things just in case. Why keep the paid bills just in case they lose my check, I'm sure they will send me another! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

If they lose your check, you can get a copy, front and back from your bank, just to show that the bill was paid. Only keep paid bills if they are tax deductible. And then for three years. If you get your refund with no questions asked, toss it.

I have a drawer full of small kitchen gadgets that I thought I must have or I could never cook again. Some are still in the package. My daughter asked me what I wanted for 1.my birthday, 2.Christmas, 3 etc. An Oxo Mandoline. Still in the box five years later. Unused. I use the small hand one all the time. I am very suspicious of any home that does not have a "junk" drawer. :angel:

If they lose your check, you can get a copy, front and back from your bank, just to show that the bill was paid. Only keep paid bills if they are tax deductible. And then for three years. If you get your refund with no questions asked, toss it.

I have a drawer full of small kitchen gadgets that I thought I must have or I could never cook again. Some are still in the package. My daughter asked me what I wanted for 1.my birthday, 2.Christmas, 3 etc. An Oxo Mandoline. Still in the box five years later. Unused. I use the small hand one all the time. I am very suspicious of any home that does not have a "junk" drawer. :angel:

Refund???? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I hope to get down to a "junk" coffee mug with a couple of rubber bands, a book of matches, a bobby pin, single edged razor blade, and a couple of expired coupons!!!

Refund???? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I hope to get down to a "junk" coffee mug with a couple of rubber bands, a book of matches, a bobby pin, single edged razor blade, and a couple of expired coupons!!!

I just reread my response to you. It sounds like I am telling you to toss a refund.

I do love that dream you have of a "junk coffee mug." :angel:

I need to run errands. About 10-12 stops, if I go to every one on my list. I'm not in the mood to shop, so I'm trying to get going. At this rate, I'll have time for only half of my stops before I need to call it quits. A number of the places close by 6. I think my subconscious has a plan...

Here I go. This is it. No stopping me now....

Wow, that's a lot of stops to make, CG. On my busiest of errand days, I might have 5 or so. Got most of everything done yesterday so today is a stay at home day. :)

I'm taking a break from playing outside all morning. The patio is a mess -flower pots, potting soil, gardening gloves, seedlings to transplant, houseplant clippings that have been rooting in water to plant, etc. ETC. :ermm::ohmy: I had to stake my tomato plants, they're already a foot tall and I lost one due to the wind a couple of days ago, so not taking any chances on any more breaking.

Well, another cup of coffee and back to work! :D

You already have tomato plants, Cheryl, wow! We don't dare get ours in till May.

I'm procrastinating. We just got back from our favorite place in Mexico, very late last night. I figure I can take a day to decompress before I tackle the laundry.

The pushkins, squills, forsythia, and a few daffodils are already blooming, and are reminding me that I need to clean up the debris in the gardens. But it's supposed to rain later, so I'll probably wait for awhile...

You already have tomato plants, Cheryl, wow! We don't dare get ours in till May.

I'm procrastinating. We just got back from our favorite place in Mexico, very late last night. I figure I can take a day to decompress before I tackle the laundry.

The pushkins, squills, forsythia, and a few daffodils are already blooming, and are reminding me that I need to clean up the debris in the gardens. But it's supposed to rain later, so I'll probably wait for awhile...

:wacko: In this part of the country, we don't even think of planting until after Memorial Day. :angel:

:wacko: In this part of the country, we don't even think of planting until after Memorial Day. :angel:

The garden centers here have got a good business. They chuckle when folks buy their plants early, plant them, the late frost kills them, then they have to go back and buy more plants to replace them.

I plant after Mothers Day, usually it's safe by then.

I hope you feel better soon, Taxy.

Dawg, I bought the patio tomato plants as little seedlings, and they're growing so fast. They have teeny little baby tomatoes on them already. :) btw, I haven't ever heard of pushkins so I did a quick search and it took me to a bakery in Sacramento, and a Russian poet. :ermm: Will look a little more later. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom