What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried out a natural alternative to setting lotion and it worked! It's just 1 tsp. of eggwhite mixed into 4 tbsp. of warm water. Apply!

I have thin, fine hair and didn't use rollers since I wanted a looser, wild kind of look. It gave my hair a lot more body, i.e. acted like a hair gel but without the constraining look of hair gel (with congealed hair strands) - just a fuller looking head of hair!

I'm going to sit at my messy desk and start my tax filing this evening. I'm using Turbo Tax.

I use TaxAct. It's free, and I only have to pay to file state tax. I also like that they save my info year to year, and intuitively know what I need to fill in.

Glad you found an alternative to hair gel, creative!

Last edited:
Funny how similar our lives are!

I made sauce this morning along with stuffed peppers and I'm waiting for a call from my accountant to discuss the dreaded income tax.

Wishful thinking on the call from the accountant, that will probably come next Sunday, it always seems to be a last minute nail biter and the end result is always about the same.

Another ho-hum day in paradise! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Well the most exciting thing I did today was to return a piece of lost mail to the woman across the street. My granddaughter found it on the sidewalk when she was here yesterday. It was a summons to appear in court as a witness. If she decided to go she will need it to get in and also to collect her fee for testifying. I don't know what they pay today, but the last time I had to testify it was the grand sum of $5.00. :angel:

Took another load of laundry out of the dryer, and dumped it on the couch. Guess who is enjoying being smack in the middle of DH's boxers, tennis socks, and tshirts? The same one I just took out for her final foray of the evening.

Not my problem.

Andy, Himself uses Turbo Tax every year. This year it told him of a new deduction for state taxes. Got us $1000. refund we didn't expect.

I'm trying to settle into our hotel room in PA. We came to attend Himself's cousin's funeral. It's getting to be a regular way for almost the entire family to get together. Not his sis, though. She has a good reason this time - she was dog sitting her grand dogs, and she's sticking around for the grand opening of her daughter's mosaic supply and instruction store. Very exciting! Usually she just doesn't go because she has a terrible fear of dead people and funerals. She'll skip her own, if she can figure out how.

I'm about to place an online grocery order. Too bad there is only one local place that does that. Too bad I can't see the ingredients on the stuff, so I can only buy stuff that I already know the ingredients.

It takes me a couple of hours. Start to finish. I love turbo tax.

Spike does taxes every year for several friends. He is a huge fan of Turbo Tax. Federal tax return is free. State you pay for. He downloads to a zip drive and can go back next year if necessary. Another lover of Turbo Tax. Sure beats H&R Block. :angel:

Blowing bubbles in my garden...it doesn't give an age limit on the container!

Never too old to have some lighter, fun moments ....
color.gif

Last edited:
Whew. Got our taxes done. Actually did them on the iPad instead of the agonizingly slow PC, and without DH screeching from behind me that he could do them much better by hand (he can't, his writing is worse than mine. I always worried about an audit as you can't read it.)

Last edited:
Perhaps there should be a thread - what do you treat yourself to after doing the taxes! Or is it just me that likes to consume something special after having undergone an ordeal?

I had a glass of wine the first thing when I got home from getting my taxes done Saturday and a great big "whew" because I almost broke even, and it was only 2PM. :ermm::LOL:

Does anyone know if TurboTax is user friendly when it comes to stocks, bonds, capital gains/losses and all that stuff? I'd like to do my own taxes and save the $230 to have it done but to be honest going through those pages makes my head hurt. Taxy, Andy....anyone?

Well, after helping prep my daughter with her tax returns (business and personal) last night, I got too lazy to do my own taxes. So instead, I filed an extension for the my 1040, just in case.... That buys me 6 more months to file. I'll treat myself to a drink this evening. :)))

I had a glass of wine the first thing when I got home from getting my taxes done Saturday and a great big "whew" because I almost broke even, and it was only 2PM. :ermm::LOL:

Does anyone know if TurboTax is user friendly when it comes to stocks, bonds, capital gains/losses and all that stuff? I'd like to do my own taxes and save the $230 to have it done but to be honest going through those pages makes my head hurt. Taxy, Andy....anyone?
I have no idea if it is easy. I use professional tax software. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom