What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Munky, a few years ago I put Stirling and my sister's birthdays on my calendar with reminders starting a week before the birthday. Those are birthdays I should be able to remember, but not taking any chances.

Our calendar is tacked to the wall still stuck on January.:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Welcome to my world, Munky! And you don't have to be old for that to happen. Your mind is busy with so much stuff it's impossible to remember everything. Like who you are! I was only 30 when our kids were 10 months old. For the life of me I could not remember if Himself's birthday was November 6 or 7. I called my oh-so-organized aunt...and never lived that call down. LOL!

It hit me this year on my 77th birthday. It came as quite a shock. :angel:

It hit me this year on my 77th birthday. It came as quite a shock. :angel:

You're lucky you can remember how old you are. I have to count from my birthdate, which I do know, but math is not my strong suit. I manage to get within a year or two.

You're lucky you can remember how old you are. I have to count from my birthdate, which I do know, but math is not my strong suit. I manage to get within a year or two.

I don't know how many of our members realize that if they are on statins, their memory is affected. That is a drug to help control cholesterol. I was going crazy because all of a sudden I found that I couldn't remember the simplest of words. I knew it wasn't me getting into Alzheimers, so what could be the problem. I went into a medical site and looked up all the side effects of all my medications. Only the statin I was on had "loss of memory" listed as a side affect. I also found out what the normal dose was. I was still on the dose for overweight folks. I stopped taking it all together. The next time I had blood work done, my cholesterol was below what was considered normal. I had lost a considerable amount of weight and cut way back on fats.

That was over a year ago. I still am not taking it, yet I am still on high dose for overweight. Maybe someday I will tell my doctor the truth. :angel:

I've gotten to the point where I only remember my exact age if the number ends in a 5 or zero. Otherwise, it's not so important to me. That means I can remember how old I'll be come this June. :whistling:

I can remember how old I am, but not of my kids. I do remember that there are 17 months between my first and second child. And that there are 10 years between the fourth and the fifth one. And I do remember their birth dates and years. What the total is of each, forget it. That is when I draw a blank. :angel:

National Arbor Day

Today is National Arbor. So everyone go outside and plant a tree. :flowers: If that is not possible for you, then go hug a tree and tell it "Thank you!"

I got a reminder today from Spike that shopping is this coming Monday. Not an activity I am looking forward to. I am going to be making my grocery list tonight. Right now I am so tired. And I have a lot I have to do tonight. :angel:

Looking forward to hearing about it, GG! Sounds like fun. :)

Beautiful day today, and I have lots of energy. OK, some of it is from the strong coffee. :ermm: :) I cleaned the sliding glass door to the patio this morning, then one window led to the next...I've been running around inside and out like a crazy woman with my bottle of Windex and roll of paper towels. Fixin' to take my coffee out to the patio and water the flowers, and check my tomato plants for hornworms. Hopefully there aren't any. Ick.

It started raining here yesterday after I got off work and will continue to rain until Tuesday when I go back to work. (good for business but not much good for fun on my days off)

I did the oven part of my baby back ribs yesterday. I'll finish them on the grill tomorrow, under the carport:ermm: Got a corned beef in the oven for tonight. It's smelling pretty good in here. I've been doing a mountain of laundry. It's always a mountain with me because I have 8 dogs and I do my best not to let my house stink of dogs any more than I'm sure it must since their are 8 of them. A little house tidying but not a big clean because it would be a waste of time with dogs tracking stuff in with wet paws.

I've also been reading through old posts on this forum and feeling thankful that I found this place

I'm going to buy this cook book. Anyone have it? http://www.amazon.com/Tacos-Tortas-...nt-20&linkId=0b211d23d35cf0694da5f38c91eecc8c If I'm going to make my own masa harina I'm going to have to learn how to make good stuff to put in the tortillas and tamales. My wish is to take something to take to the guys at my local Mexican restaurant which is better than they make. It shouldn't be too difficult. It's the only decent restaurant in town but it's far from authentic. I want to blow their socks off (evil grin)

Wow Liz....8 dogs - they must keep you very busy! :)

I looked a little through that cookbook you linked to, and saved it to look through more later. That looks like a book that I would love to have. I love Mexican food. It's got some great sounding recipes, and nice pics, which I really enjoy in a cookbook. Thanks for the link! :)

We are glad you found this forum, too!

Last edited:
The dogs aren't high maintenance. I have pet doors. I live in the sticks where they can run free, but they don't stray far from home. I was surprised to find out that my closest neighbor had only been visited by my Chow. Other dogs in the area sometimes come to visit my dogs which always surprises me because mine run out with aggressive barks. I guess it's a game. There's always a lot of sniffing but they always end up being friendly to one another. Only my Lhasa mix and the chow require grooming, and since I'm a groomer it's no big deal.

I'm looking at this cook boo, too. The reviews say that if you don't mind spending a lot of time in the kitchen it's a must have. I think I need both if I am to blow the socks off native Mexicans. The Art of Mexican Cooking: Diana Kennedy: 9780307383259: Amazon.com: Books

The dang nurse is coming tomorrow at 8 a.m. So I will have to wait until nine or so to go shopping. I hate shopping, but when I have a mindset to get it done, then something interrupts it, I don't take it very well. Gosh, I am getting very cranky as I age. This is not the me I like very much. I usually just roll with whatever comes along.

The nurse was supposed to come Friday at 10:30 a.m. By 11:15 she still wasn't here, so I went out with my daughter. She called fifteen minutes after I left and left a message that she was on her way. A call earlier would have been the thing to do. :angel:

Why do you need the dang nurse?

Two weeks ago I had a real freaky accident with the dust pan. I was walking by it and my foot caught it just right. It went flying up in the air and came down with the edge hitting my leg. It cut through the first two layers of the skin, and then got infected. So she comes by once a week to make sure it is healing without any new infection again. It keeps the folks who care for me as part of my health plan happy, so I try to cooperate. I can't complain as my medical team really looks after me and it doesn't cost me one single cent. Not even for my meds. And I have a couple that are in the hundreds. The wound is almost closed. Maybe another week or so. :angel:

I see. I had a freak accident once on the tractor. I had insurance back then but I still paid through the nose. It has been the only freak bad thing that has happened to me, touch wood. I hope your accident is the only freak bad thing that happens to you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom