"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #12851
Chef Extraordinaire

I have trouble sleeping when I have had a nap in the arvo too SB...have a nice sleep

Old 08-18-2013, 02:31 AM   #12852
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you. Very soon.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:43 AM   #12853
Chef Extraordinaire

That was fun playing the games, as there is not normally anyone here at this time, thanks for being here SB
Old 08-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #12854
Chef Extraordinaire

Have just got up, lovely sleep

Our Indian dinner out last night was delicious! We had chicken tikka masala and chicken madras, which we shared and also some cheese naan bread

Today I have a few things to get at the shops and then I am going over to mums for a coffee and chat
Old 08-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #12855
Chef Extraordinaire

I haven't been feeling my best again. The culprit is my low blood pressure. I started this morning cleaning the kitchen from top to bottom. Cabinet faces, stove, sink, and finally the floor. Washed and waxed it. I kept having to lay down due to not feeling well. I would stay down long enough to begin to feel a little better and then get up and do some more work. The kitchen though is shining.

So off to the bathroom. Scrubbed everything down. That left just the floor. I couldn't even finish washing it. Had to lay down this time for more than an hour. Fell asleep. Woke up to finish the bathroom floor. All washed, but had to stop. Am feeling a little better as my blood pressure is climbing up. So in a little while I will wax the floor and that room will be done. That is all for today. I am not going to take my BP meds tonight. I am going to go to bed early and go to sleep.

I know the culprit is one of my meds. It is a long action med and stays in my system for at least twelve hours. I want off that one. Or at least the other two and I can stay on that one. I am getting very tired of this foolishness. ESP practices conservative medicine. And I am just the opposite. I have a problem, solve it right now. So we are at odds all the time.

Time to lay down again. Enjoyed talking to all of you.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #12856
Head Chef

That's a lot of cleaning Addie. It is about time you took a bit of a break! I had low BP for a long time and I don't think it is particularly high even now, but I know when to stop!

Enjoy your nap.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #12857
Chef Extraordinaire

Have just got back from the shops...been to the bakery and the supermarket

Need to go out again to a couple of department stores to get a couple of things and then off to mums
Old 08-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #12858
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I haven't been feeling my best again. The culprit is my low blood pressure. I started this morning cleaning the kitchen from top to bottom. Cabinet faces, stove, sink, and finally the floor. Washed and waxed it. I kept having to lay down due to not feeling well. I would stay down long enough to begin to feel a little better and then get up and do some more work. The kitchen though is shining.

So off to the bathroom. Scrubbed everything down. That left just the floor. I couldn't even finish washing it. Had to lay down this time for more than an hour. Fell asleep. Woke up to finish the bathroom floor. All washed, but had to stop. Am feeling a little better as my blood pressure is climbing up. So in a little while I will wax the floor and that room will be done. That is all for today. I am not going to take my BP meds tonight. I am going to go to bed early and go to sleep.

I know the culprit is one of my meds. It is a long action med and stays in my system for at least twelve hours. I want off that one. Or at least the other two and I can stay on that one. I am getting very tired of this foolishness. ESP practices conservative medicine. And I am just the opposite. I have a problem, solve it right now. So we are at odds all the time.

Time to lay down again. Enjoyed talking to all of you.
Slow down Addie! Your work ethic is exremely admirable but you have to take care of yourself! the cleaning can wait. You are so much more important than those floors & cleaning. At least wait until you see your doctor & he can get your meds figured out. Take it easy!!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #12859
Chef Extraordinaire

Have been out at a couple of department stores, got Steve a body warmer at a great price as they are selling off all the Winter stuff....it was $69.95 down to $20.00

I have also been over at mums, always nice to catch up
Old 08-19-2013, 01:09 AM   #12860
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Have been out at a couple of department stores, got Steve a body warmer at a great price as they are selling off all the Winter stuff....it was $69.95 down to $20.00

I have also been over at mums, always nice to catch up
Okay, I'll bite. What's a "body warmer"? One piece long underwear with a flap?