What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's tough news about your friend. So nice of you to give up what could have been tomorrow's leftovers. ;) (I didn't mean that mean-spirited, just how you end up with days worth of leftovers, just like I do)

Thanks, CG, when I cook, I cook for eight. I can't help myself, it's a sickness. We both get tired of leftovers, then I freeze them.

The United Way dinners are made for four people with really big appetites. Made by nice farm ladies who know how to cook. I was pleased to be able to share half!

Last edited:
Munky.... thinking of your hubby, and you, with good thoughts and prayers. Hopefully the results will be good ones and these seemingly endless tests will be done and over with. :)

Dawg...I'm SO sorry to hear of your dear friend. :( Also hoping your Kindle recovers. My daughter dropped her phone in water a year or so ago, and it took several days in rice, but it lived.
--------------------
I've had a busy afternoon - a little after 8:30 now and ready to relax. The kitchen and bathroom floors have been mopped, laundry done, fridge cleaned, shopping list made out, patio and porch swept, and online bills paid. Whew. Wish I had some ice cream on this hot summer evening but a chocolate chip cookie or two will have to do. :)

Thanks Cheryl. It's rough to see a big strong German who climbs trees while we hand him a running chainsaw on a rope be in so much pain.

Hard to climb a tree with a running chain saw and a catheter. :(

It makes me very sad. He's a very strong and sweet man, and DH's best friend.

I did offer to bring him one of his chain saws, he was really interested. This man could put a whole railroad tie on his shoulder, carry it, and position a bunch of them for us.

Last edited:
I placed my Jet order late Thursday night. The first box arrived the next day and was left by the mailboxes. Six people today just had to ask me if I got my package yet. Then early this morning there was another package for me. The woman next door brought it up to me. Two people knocked on my door tonight and asked if I had gotten my package that was downstairs. Now you may think they were just being kind and showing concern. No, not at all. What they really wanted to know was what was in those boxes and where did I get the money for them. Every time I or anyone else gets packages there is a group that are just plain nosey. I go through this every time I have a delivery.

I am not the least upset. In fact I am amused with them and love to play games with them. I now have them thinking I have some anonymous donor who sends me stuff each month. This is the third very large box I have received since March. Actually what I have been ordering is very large sizes of things I need and are taxed in my state. Mainly household items such as a six month supply box of SOS pads. Some new kitchen sponges, etc. My next order will be in August. This game is a lot of fun. :angel:

I just got off FB, looking at the newest list of donations needed for the evacuees of the fire up at Lake Isabella. :( Will hit the store tomorrow morning before Tyler's baseball game and pick up some bags of pet food, water, and toiletries to take to the donation centers.

The townspeople here are really coming together to provide whatever they can for those poor families who have lost EVERYTHING in the fire. Dozens of families have their horse trailers hooked up to their trucks, ready to go up there and bring horses down here. They can't get there yet until the highway opens back up and it's safe to go up there. The fairgrounds here set up corrals and shelter for the displaced horses.

This fire is the most devastating thing to happen near here in a long time, if ever. Heartbreaking. :( 30,000 acres and counting are on fire, several communities and neighborhoods are gone, 2 people have died and countless animals have perished.

2 Dead, About 30,000 Acres Burned in Erskine Fire in Lake Isabella; Gov. Brown Issues State of Emergency | KTLA

Last edited:
Cheryl, my thoughts and sympathies go out to all of your fellow Californians. I can't even wrap my head around the devastation and trauma of going through that kind of event. You and your area are such wonderful neighbors, helping out like you are. Bless the firefolk that are working their darnedest to get those blazes under control.

Thanks Cheryl, it's important for us to do all we can during Fire Season. We had a tornado touch down south of town tonight, lots of downed branches and some power lines but no people, animal or structure damages.

Thank you, ladies. Ugh - the fire is now up to 37,000 acres and 0% containment. Princess, glad to hear no one was hurt in the tornado!
----------------------
I watched Tyler this afternoon so my daughter and SIL could have a movie date, and just got home a little bit ago. Wow, is that boy ever an active one. :shock: :LOL: His last baseball game of the season is tomorrow morning at 8, so will be going to that. Pretty much been doing little things around the house, fixin' to get some comfies on, find a movie, and have a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream. :yum:

Last edited:
Waiting for the guy who turns on his call light to just see how long it takes me to get there to go to sleep so I can turn off his call light. Once he's asleep he doesn't ring for the rest of the night. If I answer while he is still awake...in ten minutes he'll turn it on again.

He just wants to make sure you get plenty of exercise while you're on shift. ;)

I am trying to decide if I'm happy or annoyed with a friend of our kids. Every time we're back home in Ohio we listen to her sing the praises of Blue Bunny ice cream. I'm not against a carton of store-bought ice cream in our freezer. In fact, I'm very glad that a local store has been "importing" Graeter's ice cream from Ohio. However, I noticed that they are now carrying Blue Bunny. Well, we needed some vanilla for the berry crisp I had made, so I decided to grab a tub to try. We were impressed! Nowhere near as rich as Graeter's, but not much more than half the calories either. And it's one of those ice creams that "clean" eaters would be happy with: Nothing but stuff you'd have in your fridge and pantry. Still can't decide if I'm happy or annoyed...

He just wants to make sure you get plenty of exercise while you're on shift. ;)

I am trying to decide if I'm happy or annoyed with a friend of our kids. Every time we're back home in Ohio we listen to her sing the praises of Blue Bunny ice cream. I'm not against a carton of store-bought ice cream in our freezer. In fact, I'm very glad that a local store has been "importing" Graeter's ice cream from Ohio. However, I noticed that they are now carrying Blue Bunny. Well, we needed some vanilla for the berry crisp I had made, so I decided to grab a tub to try. We were impressed! Nowhere near as rich as Graeter's, but not much more than half the calories either. And it's one of those ice creams that "clean" eaters would be happy with: Nothing but stuff you'd have in your fridge and pantry. Still can't decide if I'm happy or annoyed...

Gee Princess, I can so identify. I worked in a nursing home when my husband had been hurt on his job. I worked the 11-77 shift. I had one patient that would ring on every hour just to ask if it was time to get up. Then during the day shifts, he would ring if he was still in his bed to ask if it was snack time, is it lunch time, etc. They finally shut his bell off and turned it back on at night. All I could do was smile and tell him No every hour. :angel:

I'm bought a 12 pack of Blue Bunny ice cream bars on a stick recently, first time. Never heard of them before. I like how they're smaller sized. I have 2 of them for dessert, sometimes 3. Was it Blue Bunny ice cream that was in the news months ago, not sure.

I'll have to look for Blue Bunny ice cream tomorrow when I go grocery shopping. Not sure if I've seen it in our (2) supermarkets here in town.

I'll have to look for Blue Bunny ice cream tomorrow when I go grocery shopping. Not sure if I've seen it in our (2) supermarkets here in town.

Noticing that your from California, I got them at either Vons or Ralphs, or Albertsons. I forget which. I have all 3 stores here.
Sometimes there are items I go to one store for...that the other doesn't have and vice versa.

I like how these ice cream bars on a stick are small slender sized.

Last edited:
Thanks, Caslon. We only have 2 supermarkets here and one of them is Albertsons. I'll check it out tomorrow. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom