What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll have to look for Blue Bunny ice cream tomorrow when I go grocery shopping. Not sure if I've seen it in our (2) supermarkets here in town.
It's not a real rich ice cream, Cheryl, just in case you prefer that kind. Himself said he thought it was "icy". I didn't notice that. Still, it was good and flavorful, I thought it was smooth. 150 calories for a 1/2 cup serving of vanilla. I plan on trying some of the other flavors over the summer.

BTW, the kids' friend is off the hook. She actually raves about Blue BELL ice cream, from TX. She spent some of her formative years there and likes it best. No Blue Bell around here, but I'm happy with the Bunny.

I was reading some news clips and came across the following. It is a site that sends you daily emails for those who like to use their tablet or other device for reading books. These are free downloads, or some are.

bookbub.com

Take a looksee. It looks interesting. :angel:

I was reading some news clips and came across the following. It is a site that sends you daily emails for those who like to use their tablet or other device for reading books. These are free downloads, or some are.

bookbub.com

Take a looksee. It looks interesting. :angel:
There is also Freebooksy.com and BookGorilla.com

Results are in.

We were surprised at how quick my husbands MRI results got back to his Dr.

It's not great news. The MRI showed that he's had a heart attack, lower part of his heart.

The Dr wants him in to get an Angioplasty to see what's going on. Great more tests. He's looking forward to an over night stay at the hospital.
He's fine with that as long as I'm his nurse.:LOL:

It's ok for now that he carry my Nytro on him until he gets his own. Strict orders NO exercise. Walking is ok, as long as it's not too much to wind him.

That's been our morning and afternoon. Making phone calls. Get the ball rolling.

If nobody see's me here for a few days. You'll know why. I'll be with him.
Have a feeling he will be going in real soon.

Munky, I'm so sorry to hear of the not-so-great test results. :( It sounds like he has the best of nurses with you though, to make sure he follows Drs. orders. Sending best of healing thoughts and prayers to you both. Try to check in here when you can. :wub:

We were surprised at how quick my husbands MRI results got back to his Dr.

It's not great news. The MRI showed that he's had a heart attack, lower part of his heart.

The Dr wants him in to get an Angioplasty to see what's going on. Great more tests. He's looking forward to an over night stay at the hospital.
He's fine with that as long as I'm his nurse.:LOL:

It's ok for now that he carry my Nytro on him until he gets his own. Strict orders NO exercise. Walking is ok, as long as it's not too much to wind him.

That's been our morning and afternoon. Making phone calls. Get the ball rolling.

If nobody see's me here for a few days. You'll know why. I'll be with him.
Have a feeling he will be going in real soon.

Munky, sorry about the news. Just one suggestion. Have the doctor give him a 'script for the spray Nitro. It acts so much faster. It is what the Paramedics use in the ambulance. One quick spray under the tongue is all it takes and acts almost instantly. I keep a bottle on my computer desk, nightstand and in my satchel on my scooter. I always have it within my reach.

Take good care of him, as I know you will. I have reached my quota for angioplasties. Five in all. Slept like a baby through every one of them. :angel:

Munky, I'm sorry to hear of the test results. At least they've identified the issue before something worse happened. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure you'll take good care of him better than any nurse.

Huh?

I am sitting in a state of semi-shock Last February I ordered three small wastebaskets from Lowes to replace my old ones that were beaten up very badly. I got an email saying that they had been delivered. I went downstairs and no package. I called the 800 number and told them I never got the package. They immediately contacted the Lowes nearest to where I live and had a replacement package delivered within an hour. And at no additional charge. I was very happy with the service and sent them an email telling them so.

Today I had a mid-day appointment. It took a lot out of me. I get home and was in a deep sleep nap, when a hard knock woke me right up. My neighbor with a large package at her feet. It was for me. I open it and there are three wastebaskets from Lowes. I look at the invoice. The date says "Date of order 2/12/2016." Better late than never? Now what do I do? Keep them? Send them back letting them know their error? The whole order was for $25.00. Will the $25.00 cause them a bookkeeping problem if I keep them? Will someone lose their job over this error on their part? This last one is what is causing me the most grief. I don't ever want to be responsible for that event.

They were shipped from NC. They included a return shipping label. Deep down inside of me I really have a very strong sense of doing the right thing, even if at a cost to myself. :angel:

At 4:30 this afternoon I will be heading down to the Community Room. Management is tossing us a BBQ party. The guy that does all the cooking marinates everything in Italian dressing. Oh joy! :wacko: Not my favorite way to do BBQ. I will make a short appearance and come right back upstairs.

The rule "Residents Only." It should be interesting to see how many make up a big dish for some friend that doesn't live here. The Manager flipped out the last time this was tried. Can't say that I blame them. These parties are thrown for the residents. Not the whole neighborhood. It is always the same people.

Oh well, time to get dressed and head downstairs. :angel:

At 4:30 this afternoon I will be heading down to the Community Room. Management is tossing us a BBQ party. The guy that does all the cooking marinates everything in Italian dressing. Oh joy! :wacko: Not my favorite way to do BBQ. I will make a short appearance and come right back upstairs.

The rule "Residents Only." It should be interesting to see how many make up a big dish for some friend that doesn't live here. The Manager flipped out the last time this was tried. Can't say that I blame them. These parties are thrown for the residents. Not the whole neighborhood. It is always the same people.

Oh well, time to get dressed and head downstairs. :angel:

Addie....if you're not happy with the way management hosts a FREE BBQ party with good intentions, why bother to complain about it here? Just don't go.

Last edited:
Addie....if you're not happy with the way management hosts a FREE BBQ party with good intentions, why bother to complain about it here? Just don't go.

I have chosen a couple of times to skip the parties. But then they send someone up to my apartment to check on me and ask why I am not downstairs. The inquisition continues for the following week. It is just easier to go down, stay for about 45 minutes and then leave. That way my privacy stays in tact. :angel:

I am sitting here blowing my nose like crazy. It is 73ºF. outside and almost 80ºF inside. I don't feel cold. So I put on a sweater. Hope that helps. :angel:

I was sitting watching television and all of a sudden my heart started to race. Uh Oh! I know that feeling too well. I took a hit of my liquid nitrogen. Waited ten minutes, no change, took a second hit. Ten minutes later I really do not feel very good. Took an aspirin and told Pirate to call 911. They were at my door almost instantly. Fire Department arrived first. Gave me oxygen. Usually that helps. Not this time. Medics gave me another shot of the liquid nitrogen. That helped a little. I still had the pain in both arms and now in the middle of my chest. They get me bundled up on the litter, and into the ambulance. Of course all the lobby owls were there to see who was going out. (I hate that!)

I had four medics working on me. I was in the ER for six hours. It seems I wasn't having a heart attack. I was having a Heart Episode. Of course they kept me overnight. But the doctors told me I did everything right. That was good to hear.

In the bed next to me was a man. He had a lot of people really working on him. He was very young. It seems he was drunk and fell. In that fall, he hid his head real hard and had a very large gash. He also broke his neck. It took them quite a while to bring him too. I quietly asked my nurse how he was. They think he may not be paralyzed. The good thing is that when he hit his head, he knocked himself out and didn't try to move.

Now yesterday was July 1st. The day all the brand spanking new doctors get their long white coats and report to their assigned hospitals. Groups of them were going through the ER. And they all had to stop at the bed next door. It brought back memories of when Poo got his long jacket. He drove all the way up from Connecticut to show me. I can't stop thinking about the patient next to me. A young man who may be facing a life changing situation. Every time he crosses my mind, a small little prayer is sent up.

Me, I am fine. A lot better off then him. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom