What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was sitting watching television and all of a sudden my heart started to race. Uh Oh! I know that feeling too well. I took a hit of my liquid nitrogen. Waited ten minutes, no change, took a second hit. Ten minutes later I really do not feel very good. Took an aspirin and told Pirate to call 911. They were at my door almost instantly. Fire Department arrived first. Gave me oxygen. Usually that helps. Not this time. Medics gave me another shot of the liquid nitrogen. That helped a little. I still had the pain in both arms and now in the middle of my chest. They get me bundled up on the litter, and into the ambulance. Of course all the lobby owls were there to see who was going out. (I hate that!)

I had four medics working on me. I was in the ER for six hours. It seems I wasn't having a heart attack. I was having a Heart Episode. Of course they kept me overnight. But the doctors told me I did everything right. That was good to hear.

In the bed next to me was a man. He had a lot of people really working on him. He was very young. It seems he was drunk and fell. In that fall, he hid his head real hard and had a very large gash. He also broke his neck. It took them quite a while to bring him too. I quietly asked my nurse how he was. They think he may not be paralyzed. The good thing is that when he hit his head, he knocked himself out and didn't try to move.

Now yesterday was July 1st. The day all the brand spanking new doctors get their long white coats and report to their assigned hospitals. Groups of them were going through the ER. And they all had to stop at the bed next door. It brought back memories of when Poo got his long jacket. He drove all the way up from Connecticut to show me. I can't stop thinking about the patient next to me. A young man who may be facing a life changing situation. Every time he crosses my mind, a small little prayer is sent up.

Me, I am fine. A lot better off then him. :angel:

Addie, sorry to hear about your episode and it's good you made it through okay, but it wasn't with the help of liquid NITROGEN because you'd probably be dead if you had taken 3 shots of that, and those medics would be in a world of trouble. There is quite a bit of difference in nitrogen and nitroglycerin.

Addie, sorry to hear about your episode and it's good you made it through okay, but it wasn't with the help of liquid NITROGEN because you'd probably be dead if you had taken 3 shots of that, and those medics would be in a world of trouble. There is quite a bit of difference in nitrogen and nitroglycerin.

Blame it on my lazy typing habits. I did meant the nitroglycerin. I assumed that everyone would know I meant nitroglycerin. I keep four bottles of it handy at all times. One right beside my bed, one right here at the computer, one with my scooter for when I make a quick run to the store, and one in my purse. I find that it works much quicker than the pills.

Thanks for the correction. :angel:

Busy day today. I went to our local farmers market this morning and picked up some peaches, plums, and a couple of baskets of strawberries. Saw some friends I hadn't seen in a while. Cleaned the house, paid bills online, got caught up on email, and started to relax with a movie when my brother called and wanted to come over, so had a nice afternoon visiting with him. Looking for a movie now. :)

Winding down after a busy day and night. Got all of the holiday food shopping done this afternoon, then headed out with Goober and his friend, Ms. Em. We wandered and trolley-ed around the Akron Art Walk, and spent some time at a poetry reading. Got to meet a few of Goober's friends that raved to us about the quality of his photographs (squeeee!) and then Ms. Em took us to a really cool speakeasy! Ended up stopping for a quick bite at a local pub - no drinking, as we were still trying to soak up the alcohol from the speakeasy!

Now it's a bit of wine, the laptop and relaxxxxxxxxxxxx

Winding down after a busy day and night. Got all of the holiday food shopping done this afternoon, then headed out with Goober and his friend, Ms. Em. We wandered and trolley-ed around the Akron Art Walk, and spent some time at a poetry reading. Got to meet a few of Goober's friends that raved to us about the quality of his photographs (squeeee!) and then Ms. Em took us to a really cool speakeasy! Ended up stopping for a quick bite at a local pub - no drinking, as we were still trying to soak up the alcohol from the speakeasy!

Now it's a bit of wine, the laptop and relaxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sounds like you are having a great time. I am jealous. I am nursing an earache. And I think I am going mad. I turned on DC, and the print looks so much bigger. :angel:

Last edited:
We are enjoying ourselves, Addie. Even though Loverly has neighbors on either side (she's the middle unit of a 3-unit condo building), we never have to listen to dogs barking for very long. Very polite dog owners, unlike our neighbor back in MA. Drivers are polite, roads are wide and well-marked. Sun is a little brighter, air is a little cleaner...OK, those last two are probably my perception since I'm back "home" and spending fun times with our kids. :LOL:

I have to say, though, that the greater Cleveland and Akron areas have been very good in announcing and promoting events before they occur. Always have been, but so much more now with the internet and social websites. I've spent years trying to find a reliable source of information so I can easily access what is going on before time. They might exist, but so far the best town we've found for self-promotion is Putnam, CT. Most of the time, though, the first time we find out about something is during the nighttime newscast when they tell you something wrapped up that day. Well that doesn't do US any good! :ermm:

The saying says that "you can't go home again." I think in your case, who ever said it was dead wrong. You always seem to find the magic in going home every time you make that trip. I think it is time for you and Himself to seriously get your home ready for the "sale!" Not only will the both of you be happier, but so will your children. It is time to bring the family back together.

Massachusetts has enjoyed your stay here, but you are much happier in Ohio. And I can understand that. I have left here five times and lived all over this country. But I keep coming home. I have lived in some of the most beautiful parts of our country. And yet I still kept coming back to a city full of shootings and drive by street murders.

But remember, you will always have your DC family, no matter where you are. And we do love having you here. As well as in Massachusetts. But as a native resident, I have to say ;) "get the heck out of my State!" Go home. Your babies are calling you!" And here are some angel wings :angel: :angel: for the both of you to help you on your way! :angel:

I just came inside to get a "hit" of air-conditioning and dry air. On Monday our pool pump died and, yesterday, there were horrible storms. To the extent my best friend and I were in a tornado yesterday afternoon. Not my first tornado, but apparently hers. She stayed shaken up for quite a while after it was over.

As a direct result of all of yesterday's weather activity, the pool is filled with leaves. Looked like a great big bowl of tossed salad. I just finished using the pool leaf rake to clean nearly all the leaves. By the time I was done, I was DONE. Today's temp has a feels like of 108F, with humidity in the 85+ percent range. Not pleasant. Those few minutes I was outside were more than enough for me...for a while.

Sadly, more serious weather is predicted for this afternoon. Guess I'd better fasten my seat belt.

Wow, Katie, what an exciting day - and NOT in a good way. :ohmy: I'm sure your friend was glad to have you by her as a calming force. Glad you both made it through the tornado safely.

I hope today's storms aren't as bad and that you're all safe.

I'm resting up in preparation to keep up with our son once again. Tonight we're off to a talk by a rock and roll photographer and one of the artist's she's done shots of - Chrissie Hynde of "The Pretenders", an Akron native. Goober figured that Himself would enjoy it for the photographic angle and that's I'd enjoy the musician part. I probably won't tell Goober that his Dad doesn't think much of celebrity photographers and I'm not so much of a Pretenders fan. We'll just (wait for it...) pretend. :ermm: :LOL: At least we'll be sitting down.

Trying to decide whether to laugh or be irritated. We have a black, smooth shiny finish fridge that in the mornings becomes a mirror because of the sun. Arwin, our pug, sees herself in the "mirror" and thinks there is another pug there. She doesn't bark, she just stands there and snuffles it and scratches at the "other pug" trying to get to it. So, of course, the bottom third of the fridge is covered with pug snuffles and footprints. At least Strider, the other pug, doesn't do that.

medtran, we call what's left behind "pupkiss" ;)

Just starting my day on the elliptical. BAH! I hate exercise that seems pointless, but my walking partner is off camping with her family. Guess I'll survive a week or so of going nowhere special on my "walk"

Beagle has managed to noseprint every window in the sun room for about 3 feet up, protecting us from the neighbors' cats. Apparently it is her mission. And washing windows has never been my forté.

We are headed out shortly to leap in the water.

Last edited:
Teddy thinks he is a Great Dane even though he is a Maltese. Let someone he doesn't know, get to close to any of us, and he gets right in the middle and starts barking.

I just got off the phone with Crazy Cat Lady. She is fine and working part time. It wasn't a long call as I am almost out of minutes. I had called her and got no answer. So when she saw my number, she called me back. It seems she has too many people leeching on her Wi Fi and it is causing problems. She is trying to get the problem corrected.

Just thought some of you would like an update. BTW, Cat, Carl and the baby are back home. But will be back at the end of August or in September. :angel:

Listening Mozart's Piano Concerto #21 on my brand new Beats headphones! A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned to my daughter that I had the opportunity to try Beats and thought they were amazing. Just a little while ago the doorbell rang and the USPS guy handed me a box. It had her name and our address so I thought it was a gift for her DH she wanted to keep as a surprise. I texted her and she said it was for me. What a surprise when I opened it!

Busy preparing things for another whacking from Mother Nature. We were caught a little off guard last night. Never anticipated the power being off for 6 hours...or at all the way the storm was shaping up. Changed real quickly.

In the end the power was off for 6 hours. Was restored about 1:30 a.m. but, by then, Glenn and I had gone to bed. I couldn't shower because our well pump is powered electrically. That didn't stop me. I stripped down to my birthday suit, grabbed two big buckets and availed myself of all that nice water in the pool to bathe out on the back porch. The dogs, Harley and Baxter, looked at me as if I'd lost my mind. The experience reminded me of my long ago camping days.

Not much damage out our way. Plenty of rain and some wind. Other areas were treated to straight-line winds and plenty of rain. We got off easy.

So the "what are you doing" for me is filling pitchers full of water, making sure the bathtub in the guest bathroom is full and checking around the yard and near the house for things that might be, um, flight risks.

More of the weather we've experienced since Wednesday is predicted for this afternoon and tonight. Better fasten our seat belts.

Katie, I'm sure you have all of your hatches battened down. :heart: Take care, stay safe, and let us know when you guys come out on the other side of this storm.

...I just got off the phone with Crazy Cat Lady....It seems she has too many people leeching on her Wi Fi and it is causing problems. She is trying to get the problem corrected...
IF that is CCL's problem, all she has to do is change the password for her WiFi. Ta-Dah! No more moochers.

Listening Mozart's Piano Concerto #21 on my brand new Beats headphones! A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned to my daughter that I had the opportunity to try Beats and thought they were amazing. Just a little while ago the doorbell rang and the USPS guy handed me a box. It had her name and our address so I thought it was a gift for her DH she wanted to keep as a surprise. I texted her and she said it was for me. What a surprise when I opened it!

That's way cool Andy! What a lovely thing for her to do for her Dad!!
:wub:

Back
Top Bottom