"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #12911
Master Chef

Be careful PF. And thanks for being such an angel to those who need your help. You a sweetie.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #12912
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I installed a programmable thermostat so it automatically does all the setting changes on a preset schedule. It can be overridden to deal with exceptions.
In our home the exception IS the schedule! Since we have a forced-air furnace with A/C we have one zone. I'm the "automatic" part of our thermostat. In our previous home it wasn't an issue: roll out of bed, wind my way around the frame of the door, and practically bump into the thermostat just beyond the door opening. Now I run down the hall, down the steps, through the living room, turn it up, run back up that path, and hop back into bed until the house warms up. Good exercise, and no gym fee.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:28 AM   #12913
Chef Extraordinaire

We have just had dinner, we made some pork mince pasta and had some sourdough loaf with it, very nice

Now going to watch some TV
Old 08-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #12914
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Dang windows 8 ...I swear, I'm going to download Firefox to this computer. Taking a breakfast break...have prepped enough for 200 people. There are 8 inch long embers flying through the air and the the wind has finally shifted the fire back on itself for a bit.

Well, back to it...

Old 08-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #12915
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Dang windows 8 ...I swear, I'm going to download Firefox to this computer. Taking a breakfast break...have prepped enough for 200 people. There are 8 inch long embers flying through the air and the the wind has finally shifted the fire back on itself for a bit.

Well, back to it...

Yikes!

Take care of yourself. I'm so proud to know someone like you, who takes time out of a busy life to help other people.

When I got my Win 8 machine, I ran lots of stuff, including FireFox from a USB key, using PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives. I didn't need to use IE to download FireFox. Extremely handy, and free. I used it on my sister's computer when I was visiting.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #12916
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm about to go to Réno-Dépôt, a local big box hardware store. I need a new toilet flapper. I also need some other stuff, but the toilet flapper is the reason I'm getting up off my bum to do this shopping.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #12917
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

Well, back to it...

Idaho is going up in flames also. This in not a good year for the western part of our country. Stay safe.

So glad I live in the city.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #12918
Chef Extraordinaire

I just cut back the suckers growing at the bottom of my bay tree and weeded the herb garden a bit. Then I came in and turned on the a/c. It's not too hot, but it's freaking humid out there. Cooling down a bit now before I go back out.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #12919
Chef Extraordinaire

I decided that I needed to stop at the pharmacy on the way home from the hardware store. My wrist is getting sore, so I wanted a brace. Since I was going to the pharmacy anyways, I put in an order for Stirling's 'scripts. Got to the pharmacy and the pharmacist recommended Votaren anti-inflammatory cream, since the only anti-inflammatory that has ever worked on me is Voltaren, and, in pill form it's only by prescription. I also bought 4 litres of milk.

When I got home, all I had from the pharmacy was the milk. I checked the car. I checked my purse. I phoned the pharmacy and sure 'nuff, it was at the counter. She apologized and offered to have it delivered. It just arrived. Phew.

Time to try out the anti-inflammatory cream and the new brace.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #12920
Master Chef

Quote:
Holy Crapoli! You brave lady - that is too close for comfort for me. Not like we need to tell you, but stay safe! Hope quenching rains come soon.