"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-23-2013, 01:40 AM   #12961
Chef Extraordinaire

Have just finished a stack of ironing YAY

Old 08-23-2013, 02:07 AM   #12962
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I have a lot of Fb friends I have never met, but I feel I know them because we were on an internet mailing list for web designers and developers since 1996 or so. You can learn a lot about people through online communications
True. Sort of like this place, huh GG?

Old 08-23-2013, 02:11 AM   #12963
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Have just finished a stack of ironing YAY
Why didn't you call me? You know I would have come right over to do it for you. Then you would have more time to play with your new Wii toy.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:12 AM   #12964
Master Chef

Update on Himself's job interview Thursday: went well. When they were discussing aspects of the office they kept saying "this is where you'll sit" and "you can use this room for ____". Then they finished a rather long (over an hour) interview with "we still have to talk to a few other people, but we'll be getting back to you next week". So what does THAT all mean?

It means if you are a prayin' sort of person I'd appreciate it if you'd lift one or two for Himself. If you aren't, a good thought to space works for me too (since he WAS an astronomy major in college for three years ). I'll be praying and crossing my fingers and stroking my very old lucky rabbit's foot...and still brace myself for "we've decided to go in another direction". You know, just in case.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:28 AM   #12965
Chef Extraordinaire

Here's hoping with all I have. If those folks are smart, he will have a job. Here's one for him. One for the person who makes the hiring decision. One for you. One can never have too many angels looking out for ones self.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:29 AM   #12966
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm sending some good vibes in your direction CG.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:41 AM   #12967
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Update on Himself's job interview Thursday: went well. When they were discussing aspects of the office they kept saying "this is where you'll sit" and "you can use this room for ____". Then they finished a rather long (over an hour) interview with "we still have to talk to a few other people, but we'll be getting back to you next week". So what does THAT all mean?

It means if you are a prayin' sort of person I'd appreciate it if you'd lift one or two for Himself. If you aren't, a good thought to space works for me too (since he WAS an astronomy major in college for three years ). I'll be praying and crossing my fingers and stroking my very old lucky rabbit's foot...and still brace myself for "we've decided to go in another direction". You know, just in case.
HEY goddess, sounds real promising! my best thoughts are all lined up and headed for an auspicious space mission on behalf of himself. though it doesn't seem he really needs much help reeling in this j-o-b. btw goddess, is himself aware of just how desperate you are to get him out of the house?
Old 08-23-2013, 02:48 AM   #12968
Master Chef

Thanks Addie, taxy, and vit! Even though we might have been as ready as we'd ever be financially for his lay-off, neither of us was ready emotionally. Being together for 24/7 for a week or two on vacation is fun, but this Every Stinkin' Day business came up a bit sooner than we though!

vit, I tell him every day! Trust me, the feeling is a little mutual. Like I said in a Thursday post, they say absence makes the heart grow fonder...he needs to go away for a few hours every day! I mean, how can I miss him if he's always here!
Old 08-23-2013, 03:04 AM   #12969
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Dang windows 8 ...I swear, I'm going to download Firefox to this computer. Taking a breakfast break...have prepped enough for 200 people. There are 8 inch long embers flying through the air and the the wind has finally shifted the fire back on itself for a bit.

Well, back to it...

Holy crap, PF! I hadn't heard about this on the news. What is the status now? Any better?
Old 08-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #12970
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Thanks Addie, taxy, and vit! Even though we might have been as ready as we'd ever be financially for his lay-off, neither of us was ready emotionally. Being together for 24/7 for a week or two on vacation is fun, but this Every Stinkin' Day business came up a bit sooner than we though!

vit, I tell him every day! Trust me, the feeling is a little mutual. Like I said in a Thursday post, they say absence makes the heart grow fonder...he needs to go away for a few hours every day! I mean, how can I miss him if he's always here!
uh-oh. i just had one of those epiphanies, i think--only it's one of the bad kind, right? after himself has gone back to work, goddess is planning for another hiatus from dc. have you been using us all summer to avoid all that togetherness with himself, goddess?