"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-23-2013, 03:57 AM   #12971
Master Chef

Nope vit, I'll still be here. BUT if I don't take the time to get the stuff together for our garage sale (Yay! I made serious progress today!) I'll have to make myself go cold turkey from DC until I get the sale items together. But as long as I'm good I'll stick around.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:23 AM   #12972
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm going to bed. I put up 7 liters of bread and butter pickles and six of dills. Had to clean the kitchen before I could go to bed. I so hate being on TOU power rates.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:16 AM   #12973
Chef Extraordinaire

Today I got my results back from my MRI

Okay...I have 2 things happening and one suspicious one

I have arthritis in the kneecap, it is under the patella and some of the cartilage has gone already...if it gets worse down the track, I can get some cartilage replaced possibly

I also have something called IBS, Iliotibial Band Syndrome...it is what is causing the pain on the outer side of my knee. At this point there is not much they can do about it, but if it gets worse or continues causing pain the surgeon suggested an arthoscopy to see what is going on inside as scans, mri's etc cant see everything

The suspicious one is on the inner side of my knee, there "may" be a small tear in the ligament..that is probably why it is extremely painful to touch...but he said at this point to leave it....if it starts to cause pain whilst walking etc then that may mean it definitely was a tear and that it is getting bigger, which will need surgery

So at this point, I definitely have arthritis of the kneecap and this IBS...I just have to keep an eye on things...I am not to use the exercise bike and when I walk I need to walk different tracks each time as walking the same block for example puts more pressure on the lateral band. I can take anti inflammatory tablets and use ice as he said the knee is very inflamed on the side
Old 08-23-2013, 05:46 AM   #12974
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Update on Himself's job interview Thursday: went well. When they were discussing aspects of the office they kept saying "this is where you'll sit" and "you can use this room for ____". Then they finished a rather long (over an hour) interview with "we still have to talk to a few other people, but we'll be getting back to you next week". So what does THAT all mean?
That sounds better than, "this is where you cook the fries. And this is where you cook the McNuggets".

Good luck to him (and you).
Old 08-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #12975
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I'm going to bed. I put up 7 liters of bread and butter pickles and six of dills. Had to clean the kitchen before I could go to bed. I so hate being on TOU power rates.
Have a great sleep CWS, you deserve it
Old 08-23-2013, 05:51 AM   #12976
Chef Extraordinaire

Time to head into the loungeroom now and get on that recliner, it's Masterchef time
Old 08-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #12977
Chef Extraordinaire

I took my pork bellies out of the (crappy) Ziploc bags 30 minutes ago and they are now resting in the fridge. They are supposed to dry in the refrigerated air overnight, but I think I will still smoke them today. They took a while to brine properly. Probably because I was doing two at one time and had one stacked on top of the other (in its own bag). I think that because the top one was not sitting on a flat surface, that it did not sit in the brine juices as well. I rotated and flipped them, but they just didn't cure as fast as before. So we shall see...

I should be getting my new camera in today, too. I'll have to read up on that and get the new software loaded. I hope it's as intuitive as my other point and shoot. It has a wide angle lens setting, better zoom and a better video.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:06 AM   #12978
Chef Extraordinaire

Fingers crossed CG

Quote:
Update on Himself's job interview Thursday: went well. When they were discussing aspects of the office they kept saying "this is where you'll sit" and "you can use this room for ____". Then they finished a rather long (over an hour) interview with "we still have to talk to a few other people, but we'll be getting back to you next week". So what does THAT all mean?

It means if you are a prayin' sort of person I'd appreciate it if you'd lift one or two for Himself. If you aren't, a good thought to space works for me too (since he WAS an astronomy major in college for three years ). I'll be praying and crossing my fingers and stroking my very old lucky rabbit's foot...and still brace myself for "we've decided to go in another direction". You know, just in case.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #12979
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

vit, I tell him every day! Trust me, the feeling is a little mutual. Like I said in a Thursday post, they say absence makes the heart grow fonder...he needs to go away for a few hours every day! I mean, how can I miss him if he's always here!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #12980
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Get up from the computer and get to class. Move it now!!!
Ads, you are a great motivator