What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We never wanted to pick up horned toads, because we thought it hurt the horned toad to squirt the blood. I still don't know if it does or doesn't.

We never wanted to pick up horned toads, because we thought it hurt the horned toad to squirt the blood. I still don't know if it does or doesn't.

Hi taxy....in decades of desert dwelling, I've never seen or heard of them using that defense mechanism with a human. Maybe they don't see humans as predators that want to eat them. Dunno...:)

I seem to recall reading many eons ago, that it's actually not blood they squirt, but some other red colored fluid. Still a cool super-power though.

Hi taxy....in decades of desert dwelling, I've never seen or heard of them using that defense mechanism with a human. Maybe they don't see humans as predators that want to eat them. Dunno...:)
Well, we were kids. What did we know. It was probably some squeamish adult who didn't want us touching them and knew the way to convince us. I'm pretty sure that I or one of the other kids would have replied that the blood squirting thing was nifty. :ohmy: :LOL:

Probably, Taxy! :LOL:

---------------------------------
Fixin' to spend a little time chopping salad veggies. I just looked through my fridge veggie bins and have several tri colored peppers, a couple of cukes, red onion, carrots, celery, radishes....all kinds of stuff I use for salads. I love salads and have been having them so much lately, but chopping everything at the last minute is becoming tedious. :LOL: I want to grab handfuls of already prepped veggies for the next couple of days. Cukes will go in a separate container since they are the most watery.

I'm going to make croutons, too - found several slices of sourdough in the freezer that I was saving just for that purpose. YUM

Probably, Taxy! :LOL:

---------------------------------
Fixin' to spend a little time chopping salad veggies. I just looked through my fridge veggie bins and have several tri colored peppers, a couple of cukes, red onion, carrots, celery, radishes....all kinds of stuff I use for salads. I love salads and have been having them so much lately, but chopping everything at the last minute is becoming tedious. :LOL: I want to grab handfuls of already prepped veggies for the next couple of days. Cukes will go in a separate container since they are the most watery.

I'm going to make croutons, too - found several slices of sourdough in the freezer that I was saving just for that purpose. YUM

Sounds like you just solved your problem. Keep all of those foods in separate zippy bags and clip them all together. Then just grab them all at the same time. That way you won't leave one of the zippy bags behind.

Oh how I wish I could eat salads. Can't digest raw roughage. And a cooked salad just sounds totally yucky! :angel:

Sounds like you just solved your problem. Keep all of those foods in separate zippy bags and clip them all together. Then just grab them all at the same time. That way you won't leave one of the zippy bags behind.

Oh how I wish I could eat salads. Can't digest raw roughage. And a cooked salad just sounds totally yucky! :angel:
A friend of mine calls ratatouille "cooked salad".

Chilling Time! :)

Just finished cleaning the carpets. House is all clean.
Placed a txt dinner order to my son.Hope he hasn't put me on ignore yet.
I really want some Garlic Fries and a burger for dinner. Gilroy Garlic Festival is this weekend.

So now I can sit, relax and practice my weaving. Hubby surprised me with this.

https://www.amazon.com/Schacht-Flip...=1470098565&sr=1-1&keywords=schacht+flip+loom

He also got the stand that comes with it. Plus another smaller loom that's for traveling, since we've been doing so much of that lately.

It's a great loom. Having fun learning how to use it.

Munky, do you have the 15" loom, or the 25" one? Our artsy niece had found a huge used loom years ago. It must have been wide enough to weave a tablecloth! I'm guessing she no longer has it since her home is way smaller that her parents' old house.

Cheryl, that was a verrrry interesting video. :ermm: :LOL:

...not blood they squirt, but some other red colored fluid. Still a cool super-power though.
Why couldn't I do that when our kids were small???

Munky, do you have the 15" loom, or the 25" one? Our artsy niece had found a huge used loom years ago. It must have been wide enough to weave a tablecloth! I'm guessing she no longer has it since her home is way smaller that her parents' old house.

Mine is the 25", It can go up to 30"
Depending on your project different Dent sizes are available.

Hope she still has it. Some of them are extremely huge and can do much more than what I have. They aren't cheap either.

I'm a newbie with this loom. Warping can be challenging after a while.
You start to see stripes and checkers everywhere!

That would be ok if you've had a few :ROFLMAO:
When you haven't..Man, that's when you walk away and take a break.
and go fix one! IF, you can't beat them, join em' :LOL:

Chef Munky;1474529... said:
Warping can be challenging after a while.
You start to see stripes and checkers everywhere!
Nah, warping is easy. Just put it in a damp basement and see how fast it war...oh, wrong "warp". :huh: Sorry.

Chef Munky;1474529... said:
That would be ok if you've had a few :ROFLMAO:
When you haven't..Man, that's when you walk away and take a break.
and go fix one! IF, you can't beat them, join em' :LOL:
Ooo, can I join you?
party0016.gif

Gack! Why is it all my appointments coagulate around the same time? I did manage to get to my eye appointment yesterday after several reschedulings, and spent most of the day stumbling around with dilated pupils. Beagle goes in to get her shots tomorrow, and of course it coincides with my own tooth cleaning appointment. I rescheduled that.

Join the club. I had a special Social Services appointment this morning, a doctor's appointment tomorrow, a physical therapy appointment on Thursday, and the car goes in on Friday. All these appointments are in the early morning hours, like before 9am, and I am a night person. I'm in bed at 2 or 3am and up at about 10. It's going to be an interesting week.

Gack! Why is it all my appointments coagulate around the same time? I did manage to get to my eye appointment yesterday after several reschedulings, and spent most of the day stumbling around with dilated pupils. Beagle goes in to get her shots tomorrow, and of course it coincides with my own tooth cleaning appointment. I rescheduled that.
Oh man, I hate that dilated pupils thing. They tell me it goes away in an hour or two. Yeah, right, maybe for some people. Eight hours later, I'm still feeling it. At least I have learned to take the bus to see my ophthalmologist. He doesn't always do the pupil dilating thing, but often. Then I take a taxi home. Thank goodness it's less than 2 km, so the taxi doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Oh man, I hate that dilated pupils thing. They tell me it goes away in an hour or two. Yeah, right, maybe for some people. Eight hours later, I'm still feeling it. At least I have learned to take the bus to see my ophthalmologist. He doesn't always do the pupil dilating thing, but often. Then I take a taxi home. Thank goodness it's less than 2 km, so the taxi doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Yep. Takes me a good 8 hours or so too. And I made the mistake of sleeping in my contact lens after we went to a movie the day before. And having an eye appointment the next morning. And having to dig around my eyeball to get the stupid lens out. Duh. It did get me a free bottle of lubricating drops.

No buses or taxis here in our little town. Just me.

Last edited:
Did a very stupid thing. Drank a whole Dairy Queen Moolate. While it was delicious, I have a feeling I may be awake for awhile.

Sitting here with a big grin on my face.

I'll be getting a (neighbor txt) any time now.
Garbage pick up is today. They picked up mine. Passed hers.

I really did it last week when I suggested that she call the disposal company for a replacement.
She by her reply didn't like my suggestion. I see she didn't use it.
Can I say I told you so? LOL!!!:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom