What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sitting here being flabbergasted. I was just informed that I have been nominated for a "Best Costume Design" award for a costume I designed for an area theatre production. I was asked last year to help them out with a particularly unusual costume and apparently I delivered what they wanted.

The awards function is May 5th at the theatre. It's their equivalent of the Academy Awards. I don't think I have a prayer of winning but it is nice to be nominated.

I'd forgotten all about making the costume.

Will we see you on the Red Carpet? :)

Katie H said:
I'm sitting here being flabbergasted. I was just informed that I have been nominated for a "Best Costume Design" award for a costume I designed for an area theatre production. I was asked last year to help them out with a particularly unusual costume and apparently I delivered what they wanted.

The awards function is May 5th at the theatre. It's their equivalent of the Academy Awards. I don't think I have a prayer of winning but it is nice to be nominated.

I'd forgotten all about making the costume.

That is SO COOL! Congrats, Katie!

Congratulations Katie! :yum:
That must have been some costume you made. Did you get pictures of it, before and in use of it?
I'd love to see that.

No. I never thought to take any pictures. I suppose the theatre has some somewhere. All I can tell you is that the costume involved lots of knitted gold lame fabric. In fact, when the house lights were out, you could still see the actress on stage. That's how "bright" the costume was.

The running commentary was always, "Where's Shannon?"

"Oh, never mind. I see her!":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That was with everything dark.

Worked 12 hours 3rd shift at the old job place, then been up all day with one hour of a nap. Crazy I know.

I am listening to the news about The Tintanic.

Tomorrow is Marathon Monday. The temps are supposed to be in the low to middle 90's. Not good weather for running 26 miles. They are setting up extra medical stations. There will be a lot of dropouts along the route.

Right now Boston is crazy. There have been activities going on for Patriots Day. It is a Massachusetts and Maine legal holiday. The Red Sox playing, the Bruins playing the playoffs for the Stanley Cup, and tourists galore. I am so glad I am not in town. I can't believe that there are idiots who make it a point to go there to be in the middle of all the craziness. Prices get jacked up. Some places are charging $3.00 and up for a bottle of cold water. The gouging police are out in full force. I remember when I was single and worked in town. I used to be part of that crazy crowd. :rolleyes:

I'm not looking forward to the evening news where we will be treated to repeated shots of runners passing out on the course, being carried away on stretchers or laying down in a tent receiving medical treatment because they pushed too hard in the heat.

I'm not looking forward to the evening news where we will be treated to repeated shots of runners passing out on the course, being carried away on stretchers or laying down in a tent receiving medical treatment because they pushed too hard in the heat.

I hear ya Andy. The Marathon it seems is the only news. The folks who run the Marathon are asking the people who don't run a marathon on a regular basis to pass it up this year. But they won't. They all think they have super human bodies. :)

I hear ya Andy. The Marathon it seems is the only news. The folks who run the Marathon are asking the people who don't run a marathon on a regular basis to pass it up this year. But they won't. They all think they have super human bodies. :)

Some of the amateurs have been training for months to run the marathon so they can say they did it. Waiting until next year would mean training all over again. They won't want to make that investment.

Some of the amateurs have been training for months to run the marathon so they can say they did it. Waiting until next year would mean training all over again. They won't want to make that investment.

A lot of them are charity runners. And then there ae the ones who are pushing a stroller of some sort. Those are the ones I would be worried about. I am also curious to see how the wheelchair entrants do. They may just fair better as they are the first ones out before the temps start climbing. I will listento the noon news to find out who won and then change the station quickly. :)

Procrastinating by reading posts here :LOL: I should be working on tax returns and will do that "real soon now".

Great place to procrastinate. I was going to get a shower, but the one episode of Eureka I missed last season was the first one up...next hour:rolleyes:

Got done with work about 5:00 then I had to get up to church for a meeting. It was nice to get home dh had a nice supper made, now he's doing the dishes. It feels good to be sitting with my feet up but I feel a little guilty.

I'm sitting here contemplating a nap. I was up at about 530 this morning after working til 11pm last night. (My short change day in the middle of my rotation) I am so blankety blank tired! I still have to take one of my girls to a dance rehearsal that won't be done til 11ish and I'm supposed to be at work again by 7am. *whimper*

I'm sitting here contemplating a nap. I was up at about 530 this morning after working til 11pm last night. (My short change day in the middle of my rotation) I am so blankety blank tired! I still have to take one of my girls to a dance rehearsal that won't be done til 11ish and I'm supposed to be at work again by 7am. *whimper*
(((hugs))) That sucks.

{{{{{Alix}}}}}

I am catching up on last night's Canada's Got Talent so I can watch the elimination round live tonight. I should really watch the first show live because when I watch it the next day I feel bad that I didn't vote for someone! :(

I am also finishing my homework for tomorrow. I did my 10 minutes of cardio, my stretches, breathing exercises and just have to finish the reading - on memory and concentration!

Finally, just remembered I need to do a load of laundry for us both tomorrow.

Never a dull moment.....it is so GREAT to be able to be busy, and yet I am still taking care to pace myself. The Motto of our pain management program is "No pain is gain!" Think about it for a minute ;).

Finished with the Eureka Marathon and the season premiere...off to bed. I must go to work, we didn't win the lottery...

Back
Top Bottom