What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry 'bout that. I had a quintuplet bypass. I was back to work after four weeks. Nobody was too happy with me, but I was so sick of just sitting at home. I am sure Mr. Munky will do fine also. The most difficult part for me was coming to and having that interbation tube down my throat. My son was standing there and I tried to smile to show him I was all right. Then I gave him a 'thumbs up'. That is when the doctor said I was fine and removed the tube.

I slept a lot for the first week in the hospital, then started to get antsy. Let Mr. Munky sleep if he wants to. He body will have had quite a shock. Any invasion with a scalpel is a shock. And when he gets home, there is that three o'clock wall. He will wake up in the morning feeling full of spit and vinegar. Then comes three o'clock wall and there is no way on earth you will be able to keep him awake.

I wish the best for the both of you. You both are facing a very daunting time. Mr. Munky will surprise you every day. Enjoy each other's company. Plenty of rest and lots of loving care. :angel:

Addie,
What you went through to become a member of the " Zipper Club":mad:
Is completely different than what my husband and I are facing.
He DOES have other medical issues that could complicate his surgery and recovery. Everyone is unique!

In the future I'd appreciate your comments telling ME what to do.What to expect and for Pete's sake keep the graphics out of it completely.
I know already!

I made some elkhorn sumac tea. DH thinks I'm trying to poison him. Yes, there's poison sumac (causes a rash similar to poison ivy) out there, but elkhorn is perfectly safe. I clipped some more drupes yesterday. Nice lemony flavor.

I made some elkhorn sumac tea. DH thinks I'm trying to poison him. Yes, there's poison sumac (causes a rash similar to poison ivy) out there, but elkhorn is perfectly safe. I clipped some more drupes yesterday. Nice lemony flavor.

Didn't one of the Roman Empire's Statesman drink sumac in order to commit suicide? :angel:

Socrates drank hemlock...

Thank you Andy. I knew it was something from a tree. Just couldn't remember which tree.

Today I was going to the store on my scooter. At the end of our property there is one of five HUGE oak tree along the sidewalk. I have been riding under it for the past ten years and the multitude of acorns have never bothered me. Today, one fell from the tree and landed squarely on my head. That dang thing hurt. :angel:

A couple weeks ago I was in the local Goodwill and found a Chef's Choice 312 sharpener for six bucks! This morning I have been watching demonstration videos and practicing my technique. I feel like one of those product demonstrators that you see at the local carnival! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

:whistling "I never get a thing that ain't been used, I'm wearing second hand hats, second hand clothes, That's why they call me, Second hand Rose ..."

I might be going bonkers. This morning I went to get my sixth and final case of fresh roasted chiles. I gave one to DH while I was prepping them to can. He said that one had the best flavor of this season. I sent him to the store to get another case:wacko:. I quit. I have put up 7 cases of chiles, about 200 pounds. Last year I put up 4 cases and had to ration them throughout the entire year.

Attachments

• DSCN5148.jpg
    DSCN5148.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN5151.jpg
    DSCN5151.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 99
I'm following the Tigers/Royals game online...and cannot believe that, for the moment, I'm rooting for Kansas. :ohmy: I suppose it doesn't really matter who wins - as long as my Cleveland Indians keep winning, they don't have to look behind themselves to see the competition.

Drat! Detroit won. :mad: Well, at least that will make GG's hubby happy. :LOL:

The garage door guy came by. Nice little man, but boy was he a talker! DH wanted an automatic door opener, so he installed that, then he noticed my 35 yo door opener had sprung a spring, so he fixed that. He replaced the ground squirrel chewed bottom seal on DH's side, and I mentioned that I had pulled a snake or two out of it. He was clearly alarmed, apparently more afraid of snakes than DH.

Dawg, there's someone who's afraid of snakes more than your DH? :ermm: I bet he'll be glad to hear that!

I think I'll spend most of the rest of tonight reading the book I got from the library on Thursday. It's called "Throw like a Woman" and is reading rather quickly...and is so good that I might slow it down just to make sure it lasts a little longer.

I know! I told the little garage door man that these snakes were really pretty. He was not convinced. I think he was even more frightened of snakes than DH.

Men are highly overrated, IMHO.

Last edited:
LOL Dawg :LOL:

Beth, you'll have chiles for quite some time now! Those look delicious.

I just finished my second cuppa and am fixin' to go to the local farmstand. I just can't get enough of the fresh plums and peaches. They are SOOO sweet and juicy - nothing like the tasteless dry fruit from the grocery store. Cheaper than the grocery store's, too. :)

Making my world renowned ranch potato salad and hummus. Our daughters, SIL and grandson are coming for a cookout tomorrow.

SO is making key lime pie and brownie bites. Later, I'l be cutting up some pork tenderloins for kabobs. Two in a hoisin and five spice powder marinade and one in a souvlaki marinade.

...am fixin' to go to the local farmstand...Cheaper than the grocery store's, too...
I wish that were true around here. At least it is for farmers' markets. The one we've been to, the one closest to our house, is very pricey. And not everything is great quality, either. Sad, when you're paying $3 for a scone (I can make an entire batch for that amount of money even with using top-shelf ingredients) and $3-4 for a pound of tomatoes. The small, family grocery store a few towns over is great about offering locally grown produce at this time of year. The tomatoes I bought there last week were considerably better than the one we bought at the farmers' market, and they were just 99 cents a pound. At least the one cheese monger who was there had excellent cheese even at $25 a pound. Alas, they are not coming around this year...

I found a close-enough farmers' market a number of towns over. We might give that a chance coming Wednesday...if we remember about it on Wednesday! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom