What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CG, it took me two or three nights before I realized the little firefly I was seeing at the end of the paddock was the electric fence sparking.

We do have them here anyhow but this little guy was there especially in the rain, which I couldn't figure out. Duh.... :bangin:

Munky, the return of the appetite is the first sign of being on the road to recovery. Glad to hear the good news. :angel:

How are you trying to get it to communicate? The only way mine does is when I plug it in, as taxy said.

GG and Taxy....I'm trying to load pics from my new phone onto the computer, and using the cable. It keeps saying "No new pictures found on this device". And I KNOW there are pics on it. :wacko:

I'll try as you suggested and ask Google, GG. Or I might just wait till my phone savvy daughter has a few minutes and can help me. She just got a new S7, too.

Munky, that is good news about Mr. Munky eating lunch! Hoping he continues to improve by the day. :wub:

Addie...if you read a few posts up, Munky said that as a result of his stroke, Mr. Munky had to re-learn how to swallow. So this is a much bigger milestone than just getting his appetite back...just sayin...

It keeps saying "No new pictures found on this device". And I KNOW there are pics on it. :wacko:

I'll try as you suggested and ask Google, GG. Or I might just wait till my phone savvy daughter has a few minutes and can help me. She just got a new S7, too.

Cheryl I got the same message with my new phone - You must first go on your phone (once the cable is there) and "allow" it to communicate with your PC.
Pull down the top bar, it should say 2 things are happening. Cable charging & Transferring media files via USB.

Tap on the USB one... then you do not have to do anything else (it should have the radio button for Transferring media files highlighted.

Now go to your 'PC' , Devices and drives, your phone should be there, double click on it, and look for DCIM - those are your pics. Hope this helps!

Cheryl I got the same message with my new phone - You must first go on your phone (once the cable is there) and "allow" it to communicate with your PC.
Pull down the top bar, it should say 2 things are happening. Cable charging & Transferring media files via USB.

Tap on the USB one... then you do not have to do anything else (it should have the radio button for Transferring media files highlighted.

Now go to your 'PC' , Devices and drives, your phone should be there, double click on it, and look for DCIM - those are your pics. Hope this helps!

OMGosh, that worked! Thank you so much, dragn! You're a sweetheart to take the time to walk me through that. :flowers:

I should have known that the new phone and PC would need to 'meet' each other first....but I'm a dummy when it comes to this type of thing. LOL

Last edited:
img_1481727_0_bd8b17a3760d2f8964d47cc42af54e69.gif

Just PLEASE don't tell my son. I have to call him everytime I switch from a CD to the satellite, to the wii. I get so lost and can never do it! Worse, once I start I can't seem to get back to ANY of them.

I'm home.

Mr. Munky had another setback last night and again this afternoon.
His Afib #'s went up higher again last that they had to administer more meds.
Plans were he was stable enough yesterday and last night when he went to sleep, that today he was going to be transported by ambulance to another hospital that specializes in stroke patients. He would stay until he was able to come home safely.

This afternoon he kept coughing after he ate ice chips. It took a long hard series of specialized xrays to see how he's swallowing. afterwards it was decided that he can only have spooned water from a cup.Yogurt, no sugar.

The Tech and I caught him before he face planted himself to the floor. I didn't think just did. My backs screaming in pain. I didn't dare tell him that. Neither will you guys. He couldn't help that his left foot to is now dragging and he's losing feeling in it.

They sent me home to get some rest. It's been extremely stressful.

I'm keeping in mind that his snapping at me isn't really him. It's the stroke making him like that. He's trying real hard to get home. That's all he wants, is to just come home.

Our oldest son is with him again tonight. At least I can rely on him to call and tell me what's actually going on. Our youngest is trying his best to keep me smiling.

I'm not smiling. He's not giving up. His huggs are much better anyways.:wub:

Munky.

Awwwww, Munky. I have, in a way, been in your shoes and I know you can't describe the stress. Hang in there and lean on your DC family because we're here for you and I have been the recipient of this collective love and strength.

Sending rest and calm to you.

Aw Munky.
ssad_100-122.gif

I wish I had a magic wand, could wave it in your direction, and make this all better. I can't. Still sending you good thoughts and sending prayers up. Try to get some rest. We'll be here thinking of you guys.

Munky_ So long he is fighting there is hope. Giving up, that is dangerous. I have a friend, who is severely ill, normal people die with in 2 months, he is still here 7 years later and all down to he hasnt given up and refuses to. He is still working, even though he short term memory problems.

i'm relaxing & making menus, i read 4 awhile, & my cats, they keep demanding my attention. i hafta listen to my meowers or they'll see that i lose a night of slumber, so~

Well, right now, `i'm listening to a violin being violated...........`i know that at 3:30pm everyday this poor kid is being made to "practice"....`i can hear his sighing...everyone has to start from somewhere `i know.........but Jack Benny's renditions sound like Mozart comparatively...........will praise him the next time `i see him.....:)

Well, right now, `i'm listening to a violin being violated...........`i know that at 3:30pm everyday this poor kid is being made to "practice"....`i can hear his sighing...everyone has to start from somewhere `i know.........but Jack Benny's renditions sound like Mozart comparatively...........will praise him the next time `i see him.....:)

Each day listen to see if you notice any improvement. That is the day you go and knock on their door and let him know how great he really is. Then you can say, "I knew him when." Be patent. It may be a while. Violins are a very difficult instrument to master. :angel:

oh, goodness.........it's 3 hours later and he's `jack Benny'ed up again.......but he will definitely be complimented screech for screech across the strings.........`i'm a teacher after all and `i know the violin is not easy.......`i just hope it's something `he wants to do and not his parents forcing him...........so far

Back
Top Bottom