"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #13171
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
My thoughts too, Pac!

Addie, we need to think of less dramatic ways to get you out of a party!
What she said.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:36 PM   #13172
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Well, I went down to the pool, floated around on the floaty thing reading Kindle in it's waterproof case, and was finally joined by a neighbor and her son. Upshot is I was able to gift said neighbor with one of the grocery bags of apples! Her DH is very excited about making apple sauce, I suggested that he make it in the crock pot, he thought that was a great idea, as he's going on a hunting trip next week and would love to take it with him.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:46 PM   #13173
Chef Extraordinaire

I am so sick of these stupid trips to the ER. Don't they understand that after sleeping for eight or more hours, of course your BP is going to be low to start with? And I have tried everything I can think of to not letting this happen. Make sure I eat something before I take them, take them later in the morning, well after the prescribed time, take one pill (there are two, 10mg each) at a time spaced an hour apart. I have even done housework that requires complete physical effort in order to try to raise my BP. So I will just stop taking the morning dose.

I don't recommend patients ever taking this step unless they know what they are doing. I have researched this drug and it is a delayed reaction drug. All this foolishness happens about an hour after I have taken the drug. Even my son the PA has some serious doubts about the dosage of this drug. My next step is to make an appointment with my cardiologist and talk to him. Winthrop is becoming a woose in making any decision when it comes to over riding another doctor's prescribe treatment. Even if they disagree with it.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #13174
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Well, I went down to the pool, floated around on the floaty thing reading Kindle in it's waterproof case, and was finally joined by a neighbor and her son. Upshot is I was able to gift said neighbor with one of the grocery bags of apples! Her DH is very excited about making apple sauce, I suggested that he make it in the crock pot, he thought that was a great idea, as he's going on a hunting trip next week and would love to take it with him.
The applesauce or the crockpot? making my self real small. That was my evil twin sister Evilynne again.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #13175
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post

The applesauce or the crockpot? making my self real small. That was my evil twin sister Evilynne again.
Ya know, either one would work!
Old 08-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #13176
Certified Pretend Chef

Just finished up a batch of bacon ranch potato salad for tomorrow's cookout for my daughter, SIL and grandson. I'm also doing poppers on the grill using sweet peppers as none of my family likes hot peppers.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:21 PM   #13177
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Just finished up a batch of bacon ranch potato salad for tomorrow's cookout for my daughter, SIL and grandson. I'm also doing poppers on the grill using sweet peppers as none of my family likes hot peppers.
Save me some of that potato salad please. Are you using ranch dressing with bacon? (One of my favorite dressings.)
Old 08-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #13178
Chef Extraordinaire

That sounds like some tasty potato salad.
And I just happened to pick up some redskins at the fruit stand earlier when I was buying my corn.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #13179
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Just put the leftovers away, will see if Shrek would like to watch a movie.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #13180
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Save me some of that potato salad please. Are you using ranch dressing with bacon? (One of my favorite dressings.)
Addie, ranch dressing plus a pound of bacon. Also eggs, cucumbers, Kalamata olives and purple onions.