"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-01-2013, 01:32 AM   #13181
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Addie, ranch dressing plus a pound of bacon. Also eggs, cucumbers, Kalamata olives and purple onions.
And you didn't call me? I will be right over to clean up the leftovers.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:35 AM   #13182
Master Chef

The storm is busy raging all around me here in my glass room. Lightning flashing north, west, east and overhead, I feel like a goldfish in a bowl, the little kid in the family with their flashlight blinking it on and off all around me. The rain is pounding down so hard I'm just waiting for it to start penetrating the glass! This has been going on for about 15-20 minutes and we're just in the middle now! It's so much fun when the lightning and the thunder are both happening right over you. TeeHee, I'm getting a rumbled butt.

Going to turn off the computer and the light, flop on the futon, and enjoy Nature's Fireworks. 'Night all!

Old 09-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #13183
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
The storm is busy raging all around me here in my glass room. Lightning flashing north, west, east and overhead, I feel like a goldfish in a bowl, the little kid in the family with their flashlight blinking it on and off all around me. The rain is pounding down so hard I'm just waiting for it to start penetrating the glass! This has been going on for about 15-20 minutes and we're just in the middle now! It's so much fun when the lightning and the thunder are both happening right over you. TeeHee, I'm getting a rumbled butt.

Going to turn off the computer and the light, flop on the futon, and enjoy Nature's Fireworks. 'Night all!
Love a good lightening storm. And now for an ear worm:
Thunderbolts and lightning - very very frightening
Old 09-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #13184
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Okay, now I'll be singing that all day...at least it's a Queen song.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #13185
Chef Extraordinaire

Dealing with the plethora of veggies on my table and counters. Pickles started. Kimchi (cabbage) in jars for fermenting, zucchini about to be grated for zucchini fritters, corn husked and ready for blanching, juicing carrots-beets-cucumbers for a juice to drink while doing all of this.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #13186
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm avoiding the big shopping bag of underripe apples, knowing I'll have to do something with them soon. Thankfully, I was able to gift a friend with the other big bag.

More apples to come, hopefully they'll stay on the tree till they're ripe, usually mid September. On good apple years, we get dozens of bags. I just wasn't mentally prepared for them yet.

I'm also faced with a bunch of cukes and cherry toms, though not on the same scale as CWS.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #13187
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I need to go do laundry today if I want to have the rest of my vacation without stress and demands...I don't wanna!!!!!
Old 09-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #13188
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Every time my brain-voice starts to sing that in my head I see Muppets in my mind's eye!

Old 09-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #13189
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Dealing with the plethora of veggies on my table and counters. Pickles started. Kimchi (cabbage) in jars for fermenting, zucchini about to be grated for zucchini fritters, corn husked and ready for blanching, juicing carrots-beets-cucumbers for a juice to drink while doing all of this.
Resetting all those stinking blinking clocks. Electricity went out again. At least it was during daylight this time. I went down to check on the two that are on oxygen, once I knew they were okay, I came right back into my apartment. I really didn't feel like dealing with all the crazies today. We have the one who since losing her sister is losing ground. It is not that we don't care, but a legal thing. The only thing we are allowed to do is call 911 should anyone need help. None of us are qualified or have the strength to help another. If we try, we could do more harm than good. She was standing in the hall yelling Hello! Didn't know where she was. It is hard to turn your back on your neighbors, but that is the way it has to be. Of course it is a holiday weekend and the office is closed.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #13190
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm not doing didley.
I was just heading out the door when it started pouring here.
So here I sit.