What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm waiting for someone to come from Swedish Auto and pick up my car. With luck they will bring me one I can borrow.

I'm trying to work on tax returns while I wait.
They came and got the car. They didn't have one they could lend me. They think the stalling problem is some sort of contamination in the fuel system. I hope they can find the problem. I would really like to keep this car.

They came and got the car. They didn't have one they could lend me. They think the stalling problem is some sort of contamination in the fuel system. I hope they can find the problem. I would really like to keep this car.

I wonder if there may be water in the tank. Many moons ago, my husband was going to put some gas in the car while it was parked in the yard. He had some left over from what he used for the lawn mower. He took off the cap when we got hit with a nasty rain storm. The rain was coming down in sheets. The door to the gas line was open and the cap was sitting on top of the car. He made a mad dash for the house. Quite a bit of water got into the tank. He had to take the tank off, drain it and let it air dry for about a week before it was dry enough to put gas in it again. It would have cost us a fortune if he had taken it to a shop to fix the problem. One thing he knew about though was cars.

He grew up as a hillbilly in the mountains of West Virginia. At night he used to run moonshine. So he had a souped up car that he had fixed himself.

I wonder if there may be water in the tank. Many moons ago, my husband was going to put some gas in the car while it was parked in the yard. He had some left over from what he used for the lawn mower. He took off the cap when we got hit with a nasty rain storm. The rain was coming down in sheets. The door to the gas line was open and the cap was sitting on top of the car. He made a mad dash for the house. Quite a bit of water got into the tank. He had to take the tank off, drain it and let it air dry for about a week before it was dry enough to put gas in it again. It would have cost us a fortune if he had taken it to a shop to fix the problem. One thing he knew about though was cars.

He grew up as a hillbilly in the mountains of West Virginia. At night he used to run moonshine. So he had a souped up car that he had fixed himself.
Yeah, I think water would count as contamination. ;)

At least I don't have to pay for this. They have to give me a car that runs. :LOL:

Getting ready to pitch some lovely chicken stock I made 2 weeks ago, refrigerated, and forgot about. :mad::mad::(

Addie said:
That's why I try to make sure food gets into the freezer as soon as possible. So sorry. I know how you must feel. :(

I usually do too. I wanted to scrape off the last of the fat after chilling. Then it got buried.

Sitting here in my Canucks T-shirt, having secured not one but two Canucks flags to my car windows and hung the Canucks 2012 White Towel in the window, waiting patiently (well not so much) for the game to start! I have cleared my evening so I can watch the whole game. Everything is in order and I have left NOTHING to chance.

Now it is all left up to my boys. We have Four games left and only have to win four - shouldn't be too difficult. :angel:

Getting ready for my trek into the city for my pain clinic and still smiling about my Canucks! My faith never wavered and they came through big time! :)

Getting ready for my trek into the city for my pain clinic and still smiling about my Canucks! My faith never wavered and they came through big time! :)

Yay!

Me, I'm headed to work. Have med rooms to clean and organize. It's going to be a messy day!:)

As PF wrote, "Yay!"

I hope the pain clinic does wonders for you.

I'm working on tax returns and popping in here.

Glenn and I are about to make our quarterly trek to the doctor for arthritis checks. Since I was there last time, the doctor ordered an x-ray of my bad knee. Don't know what the outcome of this appointment will be in view of what the film shows. I just know it's BAD. I didn't need the technician to tell me that when she saw the images.

However, the arthritis that's been plaguing me the most is in both my hands, thumbs to be specific. I've lost almost all strength there and the pain is beyond description and I have a very high pain tolerance.

I think I'm going to have him address my hands before anything is done with my knee.

Glenn and I are about to make our quarterly trek to the doctor for arthritis checks. Since I was there last time, the doctor ordered an x-ray of my bad knee. Don't know what the outcome of this appointment will be in view of what the film shows. I just know it's BAD. I didn't need the technician to tell me that when she saw the images.

However, the arthritis that's been plaguing me the most is in both my hands, thumbs to be specific. I've lost almost all strength there and the pain is beyond description and I have a very high pain tolerance.

I think I'm going to have him address my hands before anything is done with my knee.
(((hugs))) That sounds awful. I hope the doctor can do something good for you.

Oh Katie, I'd like to hug you. I understand. My hands are a mess as well. At time when I go to do something the pain is so bad I almost give in and cry. Poor dh has to help me with the pants hangers I just can't work them anymore. I hope the doctor can do something to help you Katie.
kades

I'm waiting for laundry to get done, so I can trudge off to the store. It's supposed to rain on/off today, and I'm not looking forward to it.

We are in drought conditions. They are telling us it is supposed to rain this weekend. I am hoping for flood conditions. Brush fires are breaking out all over the state.

I just finished watching the funera lservices for the Police Chief in NH. There were 2,000+ police officers from all over North America and even Europe. It was the most beautiful and moving funeral service I have ever seen. They had a police helicopter fly over with the siren wailing. And the bagpipers were playing Amazing Grace. They presented the flag to his wife and she lost it completely when they began to play Taps with an echo bugle playing it in the background. The last thing they did was call his car which was parked there. When it didn't answer. of course they made the announcement that the Chief had answered his last call. By then I lost it.

My grandaughter is married to a cop in Everett, where I lived before coming back to Eastie. So everytime I hear of a bank robbery or some officer being hurt in Everett on the news, the first thing I do is call my granddaughter. In spite of all of his training, he is cop that takes risks to protect others. He did the samed thing when he was a fireman. He ended up in the hospital twice helping a follow firefighter get out safely. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom