What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We Did It!

I'm home.

We got him removed from that nightmare hellish place, just in the nick of time!

It took my temper, (Wasn't a purdy one was it?) an excellent lawyer, and one fantastic Clinical Liaison to get him moved out smoothly.

The new hospital and staff were waiting for us at the door when we arrived by ambulance. The crew allowed me to ride along holding my husbands hand. They were awesome.

He's in a much safer, caring place. I'm so relieved.

They let me stay the night. They made an exception for me to do so after they had heard that this would be his 3rd hospital in a week. I did have a meeting with the Liaison while he was being evaluated after his arrival. Showed her my note pad of dates, time, names that I had taken of the incidents. I read in the paper today that where he's at now will be pairing up with the first hospital. That's good news.Both have been excellent facilities. I think after reading the hospital reports and my notes sealed the deal that day. She did mention that she was leaving for a big meeting at the first hospital. Would be going into both units of the first hospital where he had his original surgery and stroke to give them some kudos and an update on what happened to my husband and a thank you from me and our guys for the excellent care and professionalism they gave to us.

I will be filing a formal complaint against the 2nd hospital.

They actually typed up a report full of discrepancies about my husband.
They actually said that they were unaware that he was a stroke patient. Didn't know that until after his fall.

My husband had to have his shoulder put back in place yesterday because he's lost muscle because of they dropped the ball and didn't care for him properly.

So they will acknowledge my complaint. Or I'll lawyer up again and take it to the hilt. The media will hear about it. That wouldn't be a good political/professional position for them to be in. Now would it?

I've been sent home to eat and relax a few days. I'm alright with that.
My weight has dropped considerably, my nerves are shot.

I feel comfortable that he's in the best of care with people that actually love their job, and ARE excellent at what they do.

Munky.

Feeling a bit sad but accomplished. Finally stubbornly broke down and began the process of closing the pool for the season. Sure am gonna miss it.

The area around it looks so nekkid with all the mini-decking and the ladder removed and stored. It will look even more unavailable/unwelcome when we put the cover on it. Just a big grey mass in the middle of the yard. By the end of December, even the grass will match. "Dreary" should be a color in the Crayola palette.

See ya next April, good buddy.

I'm home.

We got him removed from that nightmare hellish place, just in the nick of time!

It took my temper, (Wasn't a purdy one was it?) an excellent lawyer, and one fantastic Clinical Liaison to get him moved out smoothly.

The new hospital and staff were waiting for us at the door when we arrived by ambulance. The crew allowed me to ride along holding my husbands hand. They were awesome.

He's in a much safer, caring place. I'm so relieved.

They let me stay the night. They made an exception for me to do so after they had heard that this would be his 3rd hospital in a week. I did have a meeting with the Liaison while he was being evaluated after his arrival. Showed her my note pad of dates, time, names that I had taken of the incidents. I read in the paper today that where he's at now will be pairing up with the first hospital. That's good news.Both have been excellent facilities. I think after reading the hospital reports and my notes sealed the deal that day. She did mention that she was leaving for a big meeting at the first hospital. Would be going into both units of the first hospital where he had his original surgery and stroke to give them some kudos and an update on what happened to my husband and a thank you from me and our guys for the excellent care and professionalism they gave to us.

I will be filing a formal complaint against the 2nd hospital.

They actually typed up a report full of discrepancies about my husband.
They actually said that they were unaware that he was a stroke patient. Didn't know that until after his fall.

My husband had to have his shoulder put back in place yesterday because he's lost muscle because of they dropped the ball and didn't care for him properly.

So they will acknowledge my complaint. Or I'll lawyer up again and take it to the hilt. The media will hear about it. That wouldn't be a good political/professional position for them to be in. Now would it?

I've been sent home to eat and relax a few days. I'm alright with that.
My weight has dropped considerably, my nerves are shot.

I feel comfortable that he's in the best of care with people that actually love their job, and ARE excellent at what they do.

Munky.

What wonderful news, Munky. I'll be doing the "happy dance" all weekend long. I can only imagine the relief you feel. Your efforts seem to have been well-rewarded.

Now...get some rest.

What wonderful news, Munky. I'll be doing the "happy dance" all weekend long. I can only imagine the relief you feel. Your efforts seem to have been well-rewarded.

Now...get some rest.

I will after you go to the local nursery and buy some trees.

Wouldn't they look stunning in clay pots arranged around it to hide the grey mass? I don't like that color either. It's depressing.

Wrap white xmas lights around the branches. It's a beautiful sight :)
Make your own winter wonderland.

Great now I have Christmas jingles running around in my head. Happy now...:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Munky.

Munky: I am so happy your husband gets the right care.

When it comes my daughter, she is safe, she has moved out, she has all help she needs and the police wouldn't even do a restraining order but the guy has lost friends on this,

I'm home....I feel comfortable that he's in the best of care with people that actually love their job, and ARE excellent at what they do.
Look at you guys, went through the eye of the storm and came out on the other side intact. Good for you! I'm so glad that your DH is finally with people who care as much as you do. :heart: Like PF said, time for you to get some rest.

When I caught up on what's been going on for you, I gave Himself a summary of your past week. When I was done, all Himself could say was "The moral of the story is: Don't get on Munky's bad side." All I know is, if I need an advocate for some seriously bad situation, I'm hiring you!

Just sitting here looking at a cookbook I got at the mission yesterday. They sell their books 10 for $1.00. This cookbook is called A Collection of Pumpkin Recipes. There's a lot of regular cake, cookies, breads and dessert recipes but there is also recipes for pumpkin burgers, pumpkin chili, pumpkin soup and even pumpkin fudge.:yum:

Look at you guys, went through the eye of the storm and came out on the other side intact. Good for you! I'm so glad that your DH is finally with people who care as much as you do. :heart: Like PF said, time for you to get some rest.

When I caught up on what's been going on for you, I gave Himself a summary of your past week. When I was done, all Himself could say was "The moral of the story is: Don't get on Munky's bad side." All I know is, if I need an advocate for some seriously bad situation, I'm hiring you!

You know several people and our lawyer of all people said the exact same thing."You did and said what!?" It was so out of character for me.

Just got off the phone with hubby. He's absolutely in 7th heaven right now. He told me all about his day and what he had for dinner.. I want that Salmon to!! C'mon!:-p

He now calls me his "Honey Badger"
Watch the video. He swears that's the fearless attitude I had when I went after that nurse. I think it's pretty hilarious. It pretty much sums up everything. Don't mess with my family. Badgers are hungry lil' things.:ermm::LOL::ROFLMAO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb6bWsa_LdQ

And I'm now banned from here for eternity.

Thanks for the memories. It's been fun.

Honey Badger :ROFLMAO:

Getting ready to head out again.
Need to remember to take my laptop with me. Hid physical therapist will be helping me purchase things that he will be needing when he comes home. He's going to come home.(Honey Badger says so)

It's looking like it will be up to a 4 week stay for physical therapy. 18 weeks for heart therapy.

His pneumonia is going away. Already talked with him this morning. He says his lungs are getting clearer. AWESOME!!!

I'll be staying the night at the resort. They left my bed in his room. Encouraged him to tell me it's ok. I'm not in the way of his treatments.
At times I felt like I was in the way. Understandable by his thinking. I was the only one making sure what he lacked elsewhere I still worked with him.

Right outside his door he has a personal patio. Next to that he has a mini golf course all set up. A beautiful walkway through a mini forest of tall pine trees where he can when he's able to, walk more stable take and go down to the gazebo area and have a picnic.
The food is all gourmet. It's better than what I make at home.

I'll be having a talk with his nurses to stop spoiling him. That brat you're now creating is what I'll have to live with when he comes home. Knock it off!!!:ohmy::ROFLMAO: He's actually liking this rehab facility just a little too much.

I'm over the moon that's he's been well taken care of and most importantly he's getting his therapy sessions with people who are compassionate. That's all I wanted.

P.S.
Thank you for not banning me.
Love ya's.

Honey Badger :angel:

Munky/Honey Badger, :D

Your post was filled with such good news, and the facility sounds wonderful! I'm so glad to hear that. Continuing to send up positive thoughts for a speedy recovery and prayers to all. :flowers:

Munky/honey badger, keep eating those cobra heads! And yes, you need to start whipping your DH back into shape!

So happy he's in a facility that treats him as he should be treated.

So happy to hear, Honey Badger! Our facility does not have the grounds or the food, but the care is excellent. And you know, nurses only spoil the ones that they really like.

Thanks for the happy report, Honey Munky. ;) I hope his new care center is good enough to get him healthy again without being so good he doesn't want to go home. :ermm: How could he resist coming home to his biggest fan? He can't!

Second day of canning apple pie filling. I started with 4 bushels of apples. Here is yesterday's test pie, for quality control of course!

Attachments

• DSCN5248.jpg
    DSCN5248.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 108
Glad to see things are going better Munky.

We're back home from New Mexico!

The trip story will be posted on our website asap. We had a great time, but the altitude (7,000 ft.) really got to me so I'm glad to be back to sea level and breathing normally again. :unsure:
A major nose bleed was pretty scary when I take a blood thinner, but it all ended ok. No more high altitude trips for me I'm sad to say.
One of the best parts of the trip is we met up with Beth and she is truly lovely both inside and out. I can't get over how she looks 20 years younger than she actually is. She's a real sweetheart, and gives the best real life hugs ever!

Back
Top Bottom