What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I once heard a person remark about how amazing it was the things folks do for the people they love.

No it is not! It is the normal behavior we all display for those we love and for those we see that need our help.

Watching anxiously for my new Dyson Absolute to arrive. Costco website was down, so I couldn't get ETA. Took Beagle out, and it's here! My Eureka Boss is too heavy and unwieldly, this little vac is much lighter. It's charging now, but when I test-drove it, it's very powerful. Pricey as all get-out, but Costco had a $110 off coupon.

Congrats Dawgluver. Learn to think of it this way... Price is relative to the ease of use, job done, back ache dispelled, annoyance banished.

img_1483870_0_26190052fc12fbee9b6da3b3697011c8.gif

Could probably think of a few more if I tried hard enough.

Thanks, dragn! I see your gif now! Very true. I've been excessively cheap all my life. Now I'm old and cheap. (Hm. Rephrasing. I've been a cheapskate all my life. Not cheap.)

There's more attachments to this thing than an autobody shop. There will be somewhat of a learning curve, I'm sure. First thing I did after plugging it in was drop it on the floor, which let out all the dust I'd just vacuumed up during the test drive.

Last edited:
First thing I did after plugging it in was drop it on the floor,.

LOL... I know the feeling! I brought home my repaired vacuum after much hemming and hawing about whether or not to even fix it. I did... and immediately dropped it down the staircase breaking the handle.

It has been several years and wire changed once, but the handle is a piece of pvc white water pipe with several strands of picture wire threaded thru. Works fine as long as you don't pinch the side of your hand when you carry it. (Nasty and bloody pinch, but you only do it once.):w00t:

And He's Home.

Were thrilled that he's home. The dogs have been very careful with him, it's as though they instinctively knew where they had to be careful. Sophie couldn't wait to show him her new hide out bomb shelter.Where is she napping now?...The couch! :huh::LOL:

He's happy to finally be in his own bed. Loved all the modifications we did for him. Were happy that life is getting back to normal.It's been nice not to have those long drives everyday.We did it gladly.

Now it's all pretty much going in for check ups and P/T appmts.
He's doing well getting around the house on his own.

Munky Badger.

Hey, Munky Badger,
So glad he is settling in well and that you can have your life back at least a little bit. Sending loads of love, hugs and prayers to you and yours.

LP

Having to learn all new channel numbers and two different types of remotes for our new Comcast service. Two of our TVs come with voice remotes! First impression is that it's Soooo Cooool! Second reaction is that it's not nearly as smart as Siri.

I know, I know. First world problem.

Last edited:
Welcome home, Mr. Munky! May your recovery be swift!

Whoa! Voice remotes for TV, Andy? I would have to spend some time messing with them.

Last edited:
...Whoa! Voice remotes for TV, Andy? I would have to spend some time messing with them.

Yup! It's relatively new. SO is thrilled she won't have to learn all the new channel numbers. Just press a button and say, "CBS" etc. You can also call out TV show names, ask for cooking shows, baseball game, etc. It's fairly basic but fun to use.

Yup! It's relatively new. SO is thrilled she won't have to learn all the new channel numbers. Just press a button and say, "CBS" etc. You can also call out TV show names, ask for cooking shows, baseball game, etc. It's fairly basic but fun to use.

The mind boggles. That sounds like such fun!

Back
Top Bottom