"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #13301
Chef Extraordinaire

Watching "Under the dome" but so ready to go to bed!

Old 09-10-2013, 12:17 AM   #13302
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Just finished Under the Dome and Chapter II of my online class with WHO (World Health Organization). I will need to repeat the chapter, I didn't do so well with it, has me completely discombobulated. Trying to learn how to code Neoplasms (cancer) not easy!

Old 09-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #13303
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I think Shrek will buy you anything you want.
He let me use the card...but I have to pay it back on payday...not that I wouldn't do so anyway.

Now to convince him I need two outfits for my birthday coming up next month. I should make him go shopping with me, but he has this annoying habit of saying everything looks great on me. I need the outfits for a class I am attending in Helena and I have to dress professionally...no, not the world's oldest profession... That I could pick on my own.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #13304
Chef Extraordinaire

I've often, well, not really that often, wondered how that came to be known as the world's oldest profession. What is that based on? You would think the fire starter would be the oldest profession, although I suppose that one isn't around anymore. Not unless you count the Zippo factory in Bradford, PA.
What about food taster? That has to be an old line of work and one I'm sure still exists.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #13305
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Good question, Pac. It was the first thing, that was not a necessity, that had a monetary value??? Dunno, your guess is as good as mine.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #13306
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I've often, well, not really that often, wondered how that came to be known as the world's oldest profession. What is that based on? You would think the fire starter would be the oldest profession, although I suppose that one isn't around anymore. Not unless you count the Zippo factory in Bradford, PA.
What about food taster? That has to be an old line of work and one I'm sure still exists.
I'm thinking "Hunter". Above everything else, people had to eat.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #13307
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
We know it's the world's oldest profession because it came out of the world's oldest excuse, "Not tonight, I have a headache.".
Old 09-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #13308
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
He let me use the card...but I have to pay it back on payday...not that I wouldn't do so anyway.

Now to convince him I need two outfits for my birthday coming up next month. I should make him go shopping with me, but he has this annoying habit of saying everything looks great on me. I need the outfits for a class I am attending in Helena and I have to dress professionally...no, not the world's oldest profession... That I could pick on my own.
Get two different skirts and two different tops yet they are interchangeable. That way you will get four outfits. Then drag out your scarfs and other accessories.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #13309
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_J_Dawg View Post
I'm thinking "Hunter". Above everything else, people had to eat.
That doesn't count as a profession. You hunt for yourself and family. If you hunted for others who paid you for the kill, that would be a profession.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #13310
Sous Chef

Well then, take your pick.
What is the oldest profession