What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so... about that wine....
yup and
yup and
yup and
yup and
yup and
yup and
yup again.... you are all correct :stuart:

grandkids have left, pumpkins carved, toys spread everywhere... (no, they're good, all picked up)... Son has left, tablet fixed, TV fixed, salts delivered, dog food hoisted... was raining so the brussels are still not picked but that's OK... he forgot the canned air to blow on the puter - tarnation!!! still listening to the grinding fan... sigh...

Neat! Thank you Jon! The field behind me was planted with soy this year, probably next year will be corn. I can never remember the formula for plant rotation. Sometimes he does it two years in a row. The field across the road is always planted with corn??? It's been 10 years I've been here and he never changes. Doesn't make sense to me but I do know he adds a lot of stink in the spring. So he's the farmer, not me!

Usually switch it every year but you can do corn on corn as much as you want with the right fertilizer. Or put a bunch of manure on.

I am so excited! Can't decide, though, if it's our vacation that has me bouncing in my chair, or if it's tonight's possible clinch game in the World Series.

We'll go with tonight's game. We go to FL practically every year. This is the best chance in my lifetime for my beloved Tribe to win the big one. :heart:

Usually switch it every year but you can do corn on corn as much as you want with the right fertilizer. Or put a bunch of manure on.

Jon when I lived in Washington State, I lived about a block from a place that developed animal manure into fertilizer. You could always tell when they got a new shipment of manure in. Do you spread raw animal manure or it is treated?

I am so excited! Can't decide, though, if it's our vacation that has me bouncing in my chair, or if it's tonight's possible clinch game in the World Series.

We'll go with tonight's game. We go to FL practically every year. This is the best chance in my lifetime for my beloved Tribe to win the big one. :heart:

Actually, that sounds more like you need to use the facilities...:rolleyes:

Sophie's doing much better today. She did have a UTI infection plus a kidney stone.The vet is suspecting she's developing another kidney stone.Which would explain her upset stomach. She's on antibiotics and another that will counter the side effects of it.

She's now on a special diet to break up the stones. Canned and kibble form.1/3 C a day.No people food, treats for a month.
Thought Sophie would cry when I told her no more taco Tuesday's..:LOL:

She's also over weight...Wonder why?:angel::LOL:

Munky Badger.

Glad to hear Sophie is better but I don't wish kidney stones on anyone, human or animal!

Ya, Violet was really ticked when she had to go from the large veggie dents to the small ones AND no more people food scraps when I make TB's sandwiches. I would give her little bits of meat and/or cheese as a bribe to stay out of the kitchen while I was making them. Now, she just has to stay out with no reward...poor baby, her reward is getting slimmer so that she isn't in as much pain!

TB is officially on staycation. But it really is not going to be a holiday. We both have doctor and dentist appointments and we will be going into full gear to get this place ready to put on the market. It is getting pretty close but it is down to the stuff I can't do like shampooing the carpets, sorting through his tools, etc. I still have a lot of things like the fridges, stove, dishwasher.

Sunday morning as I was getting ready to feed the fur-kids a shelf collapsed in the pantry so we have to add that to the list of things to fix. Monkey was loving it because her treats and kibble poured all over the floor. Thankfully I had just cleaned it the night before!

It is a quarter to four in the morning and I am nursing my sciatica. It hit while I was standing over my desk sorting out papers. I should know better than to stand in a bent position. :wacko: I am waiting for the codeine to take effect. I really don't want to take the stronger stuff. :wacko:

Jon when I lived in Washington State, I lived about a block from a place that developed animal manure into fertilizer. You could always tell when they got a new shipment of manure in. Do you spread raw animal manure or it is treated?

Everyone spreads it on raw. What you are talking bout must have been made for small gardens. Turned into store bought manure. We buy hundreds of semi loads at a time from area feed lots. There are more cattle in Nebraska than there are people. Manure is easy to come by and sells for the whopping price of $1 a ton. Its hard to imagine but our fields are 1/2 mile x 1/2 mile squares. IT takes a lot of manure to cover that. We don't do it every year. Actually its been several years since we spread any. One field did poorly this year so that one for sure is going to get some.
We have 2 trucks that we stock pile with then we go back and spread it after the ground freezes.

Attachments

• 13708353_10153541303846017_1961502662778843108_o.jpg
    13708353_10153541303846017_1961502662778843108_o.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 84
Went to the exotic animal and bird auction auction yesterday and picked up a couple roosters and a duck. I wasn't interested in any roosters but the geese sold for to much. Its a 2 hour round trip I didn't want to come back empty handed. The one Zane is holding is a barred rock bantam rooster My other one died. The other one I don't know what he is. Tag just said rooster.
The duck ran off with the other ducks before i could get a pic. Hes a rouen. I have 5 others. I hope they can pair up and raise me some little ones in the spring.

Attachments

• 14800829_10102002099064703_650116916_n.jpg
    14800829_10102002099064703_650116916_n.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 14826295_10102002098640553_1423985617_n.jpg
    14826295_10102002098640553_1423985617_n.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 75
Oh my neighbor had bantam, the rooster was bit too keen on the ladies so the ladies lost feathers and became very stressed. So as she said they gave the rooster some red wine and invited him in for dinner.

Almost 5 here - fixin' to go sit out on the front patio with the candy bowl and watch for the little ghosts and goblins coming up the walk. :) I usually try to keep count of how many - several years ago I'd get a LOT of trick or treaters, around 100ish. Now there are lots more organized activities out at the fairgrounds and such so I don't get as many anymore. I don't remember how many came by last year, maybe 50 or so.

I'll probably end up sitting in the front yard with my neighbors across the street, chatting around their fire pit with a glass of wine or three. :cool::LOL:

My daughter and I went out with my grandson to trick or treat. SO stayed home to hand out candy. Her count was about 140 kids.

We got one trick or treater tonight. I didn't answer the door. I didn't have anything to hand out, because we almost never get any trick or treaters.

Wow Andy....140 is a lot!

We've only had about 15 so far....but more will come. It's only now just starting to get dark.

Taxy...if I only expected zero to maybe a couple, I wouldn't buy candy either. I don't want candy hanging around the house to tempt me. :LOL: When the last one comes and I turn out the light, I'll dump whatever is left into their bag. :D

Curious to hear about the little ghosts and goblins count in everyone's neck of the woods! I know some of you live out in the boonies and won't have any, but some of you may have tons. :)

Last edited:
Everyone spreads it on raw. What you are talking bout must have been made for small gardens. Turned into store bought manure. We buy hundreds of semi loads at a time from area feed lots. There are more cattle in Nebraska than there are people. Manure is easy to come by and sells for the whopping price of $1 a ton. Its hard to imagine but our fields are 1/2 mile x 1/2 mile squares. IT takes a lot of manure to cover that. We don't do it every year. Actually its been several years since we spread any. One field did poorly this year so that one for sure is going to get some.
We have 2 trucks that we stock pile with then we go back and spread it after the ground freezes.

So in the spring, it all get turned under when the ground thaws. Hopefully, it has already started to breakdown by then. Otherwise your day starts with, "Ah, the aroma of spring!"

I know some of the apple orchards on the eastern side of the Cascades, use manure. Fortunately, by the time Fall rolls around, and it is apple picking time, the aroma has dissipated.

Back
Top Bottom