What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CG, if it is any consolation, I too was cheering for your guys...after I forgave them for beating my Blue Jays. :(

I am (hopefully) looking forward to my third 8 hour sleep in a row! If it happens I will be well on my way to beating this year long streak of insomnia! But I won't cheer just yet. ;)

For the past few hours I have been reading my instruction booklet to my brand spanking new Cuisinart Bread Making Machine. It was an early Christmas present from Pirate. I deliberately chose from the 100 series. Once I teach Pirate how to use it for his special bread he wants, he can do it himself. I also need to order a couple of items from King Arthur.

Gotta love Prime from Amazon. Ordered it yesterday, have it today.

Enjoying my view

Got in late last night after spending. Spent the late morning/early afternoon on our screened lanai reading and sipping tea. Since the sun chased me in (that baby is HOT!) I thought I'd play a bit on the laptop. And make some of you jealous...

Attachments

• 2016-11-05 15.50.23.jpg
    2016-11-05 15.50.23.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 93
Got in late last night after spending. Spent the late morning/early afternoon on our screened lanai reading and sipping tea. Since the sun chased me in (that baby is HOT!) I thought I'd play a bit on the laptop. And make some of you jealous...

Not working...

Gorgeous view! Where are you guys?
Fort Myers Beach, on the gulf side. Himself's Dad "sold" us his timeshare contract...for a buck, just to make it legal. All they had to do was go to the county title office and sign off on the trade. Himself doesn't even remember having to pay a processing fee. It's been a decade and half, though, so I bet there was. NO government agency does something "for free". :LOL:

Not working...
We're here for only one week, PF, then we head back north. Himself would have loved to retire to FL. Told me before we were married. I told him to find someone else if that's what he really wanted. He picked me. :wub: The view is lovely. Except for the first half of the afternoon, the temps are tolerable. I can give him this one week a year. The things we do for love. :heart:

Anyone else forget to set the clocks back last night besides me? :ohmy::LOL:

I wish they would drop that whole thing. It was still cold and foggy outside here when I got up. still is. Came out and turned on my comp to see 7am!!!!!:ohmy::ohmy: NOOOOOO!!!!!:huh::(

I too wish they would stop it. I haven't gotten around to setting the three or four clocks that need resetting. Almost everything does it by itself. I set an alarm on my phone last night and it confused the heck out of me. I set it for 08h. It was about 01h20. The phone told me that the there was 8h40 until the alarm. I looked at the time again. I scratched my head. Then, the penny dropped. Oh right, DST is over. Yay!

I for one don't mind at all -
Don't mind getting up a 6 am and finding mostly dark with the light just changing, but hated 7 am being still dark. I have to change my alarms for the geese every week right now - earlier it gets dark the earlier the coyotes hunt.

Anyone else forget to set the clocks back last night besides me? :ohmy::LOL:

I wish they would drop that whole thing. It was still cold and foggy outside here when I got up. still is. Came out and turned on my comp to see 7am!!!!!:ohmy::ohmy: NOOOOOO!!!!!:huh::(

I gave the job of my one clock to Pirate. And he of course screwed it up. :wacko: Set it ahead instead of back.

Waiting for my first turkey to thaw. Bought a 13-pounder Thursday for $.69/lb. It will get deconstructed to provide bones drumsticks and wings for turkey stock. The breasts and thighs will be frozen for future meals.

I found out this morning what I am going to be doing for Thanksgiving. Going to my daughter's home. Will bring dessert with me. Pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin cookies.

I completely forgot about the time change. Most of ours change automatically. I just got the one over the mantel and now can't get it back up without getting the ladder out. Still need to change the stove.

Most of our clocks change on their own, but the others get changed on Saturday afternoon. Been doing it this way for years, both directions. Somehow we don't even notice the change. Most of the time we're busy doing this and that on Saturday afternoon and just slide into normal evening routine.

The TV, cell phone, and laptop change on their own, the 3 bedrooms have alarm clocks that change to the right time automatically with a push of the 'DST on or off' button....the microwave, range, living room wall clock and car have to be manually changed. Not a biggie. My mom used to have a million clocks throughout the house that needed changed. LOL

Just got home from a 5 day concert cruise featuring Melissa Etheridge and Joan Jett, along with a bunch of other great bands. OMG, what a blast! It was DH's first cruise, and needless to say, he was in the minority. We only got to spend one day on our beloved island of Cozumel, but we keep rehashing all the funny things that happened on the ship. We've got to start writing this stuff down!

Now I too have to reset all my clocks. My wristwatch is the most complicated, I'll have to dig out the manual.

Back
Top Bottom