"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #13421
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I have, Andy. I didn't like it. I wish I could remember why, as maybe you would.
So far I'm just regular donut shop brand guy. The dark magic didn't appeal to me.
Thanks. SO and I found some to try. She ordered some kind of chai. Bottom line, less than 50 cents a cup.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #13422
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm relaxing after a very tiring shopping trip. First, the health food store, then Costco, then Maxi (local supermarket), and finally the Post Office at the pharmacy at the Fairview (the big local mall, where parking is a nuisance) to pick up a parcel for Stirling. I'm thinking of having an adult beverage before I organize supper, but what?

Old 09-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #13423
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm relaxing after a very tiring shopping trip. First, the health food store, then Costco, then Maxi (local supermarket), and finally the Post Office at the pharmacy at the Fairview (the big local mall, where parking is a nuisance) to pick up a parcel for Stirling. I'm thinking of having an adult beverage before I organize supper, but what?
It's Fall you are in Canada, how about a Maple Leaf Cocktail.

Sort of a Canadian Manhattan!

4 parts bourbon
1 part real maple syrup
1 part fresh lemon juice

Shake it in some ice and strain it into a martini glass or leave it on the rocks. If you need a swizzle stick try a cinnamon stick.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #13424
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Trying to shop K-Cups with SO and she just went to take a shower.

Has anyone tried Green Mountain Dark Magic?
Yes, it is my constant go to. Love it!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #13425
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
It's Fall you are in Canada, how about a Maple Leaf Cocktail.

Sort of a Canadian Manhattan!

4 parts bourbon
1 part real maple syrup
1 part fresh lemon juice

Shake it in some ice and strain it into a martini glass or leave it on the rocks. If you need a swizzle stick try a cinnamon stick.
I like the sound of that. Bourbon is going on the shopping list. Oops, it is on the list. I better make a trip to the SAQ (Quebec Provincial liquor stores) when I'm not doing a lot of other shopping and only getting the "important" stuff.

I decided on a reverse martini (5 parts dry vermouth, 1 part gin, a splash of lemon, an ice cube, and some green olives).
Old 09-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #13426
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
You managed to go to all super large shopping areas. Go for that adult drink. Go for two or more. Then let every one scrounge for themselves for supper.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #13427
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

That Maple Leaf Cocktail sounds interesting....If only I had not had that Maple Flavored Crown Royal....One of the few things in my life I just did not like.
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #13428
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
That Maple Leaf Cocktail sounds interesting....If only I had not had that Maple Flavored Crown Royal....One of the few things in my life I just did not like.
What a nasty thing to do to Crown Royal! Really, maple-flavored?

The maple leaf cocktail sounds really good, though I'm not a bourbon fan. Might have to give it a shot with brandy.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #13429
Chef Extraordinaire

Spike left a while ago. And I have a very early morning appointment with my vascular doctor. So I have to start getting ready. My hair has gotten long so now I have to curl it rather than just a wash and wear style. Fortunately my hair holds a curl, so I need to get into the shower, and then set it so it will all be dry by the time I go back to sleep. I don't like sleeping in curlers. I also have some ironing to do. Even though it expected to be chilly in the morning, I want to wear a dress.

Two years ago the law in this city was that buildings where the landlords controlled the heat had to turn it on by September 15th. We had 90F. heat in October that year. The residents in this building petitioned the City Council and State elected officials to amend the law so that buildings like ours could made our own determination on controlling our own time table. We were heard. This is the first year that we still have our AC past the 15th. Yea! You can fight City Hall and win.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #13430
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
What a nasty thing to do to Crown Royal! Really, maple-flavored?....

I agree. I like it plain with ice.

« Petty Vents | - »